What does this mean? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What does this mean?

From the updates notes:

Aquatic Ruins

** Added champions to guard the gates leading to the boss room.**

I wasn't in there until now but so far I remember there were always champion there and it was the hard part to go past them oft with 2-3 tries
Just bad wording or what is there going on ?

Comments

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It means they made it harder to "farm".

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    My guess is they've added the champs in between the paths and the boss room, so you no longer can depend on just one person making it there (and then the rest respawning). Haven't had the time to check that out yet, though.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • @Astralporing.1957 said:
    My guess is they've added the champs in between the paths and the boss room, so you no longer can depend on just one person making it there (and then the rest respawning). Haven't had the time to check that out yet, though.

    I fear that but this must be the path where you need to pick up this stuff to survive in the dolphin path this wouldn't make any sense

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    My guess is they've added the champs in between the paths and the boss room, so you no longer can depend on just one person making it there (and then the rest respawning). Haven't had the time to check that out yet, though.

    I fear that but this must be the path where you need to pick up this stuff to survive in the dolphin path this wouldn't make any sense

    I mean in the corridor between the end of the path and the actual boss cave, not at the end of the path itself (because that, as you said, wouldn't make sense - at least for how it looked up till yesterday, they did mention adjusting stuff on paths as well). You need to swim into the boss cave itself to unlock the checkpoint - place a champ and a gate before that point, and suddenly you may need either someone to solo that champ, or the whole team getting through the path to deal with it.

    Unless they meant the short corridor before paths, in which case champs there are completely fine.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • After you get to the end of the dolphin path, there's now several krait you have to kill in order to enter the boss room. You get your normal build, but it slows things down considerably.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aaron Forestman.4758 said:
    After you get to the end of the dolphin path, there's now several krait you have to kill in order to enter the boss room. You get your normal build, but it slows things down considerably.

    Can the rest of the team respawn there once first person gets through the path, or do you need to kill those kraits for that first?

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Aaron Forestman.4758 said:
    After you get to the end of the dolphin path, there's now several krait you have to kill in order to enter the boss room. You get your normal build, but it slows things down considerably.

    Can the rest of the team respawn there once first person gets through the path, or do you need to kill those kraits for that first?

    One person can swim to the final gate, get out-of-combat in a small cave, and the rest can /gg there.


    It's a minor fight, which mostly just prevents someone from soloing the path, as we were able to do last week, i.e. it literally does nothing other than slow things down at best.

    The boss fight likewise isn't much of an improvement, although I think if ANet had released the fractal with those mechanics, no one would mind much. It does mean folks need to pay some attention to their underwater skills, whereas last week, we mostly didn't.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019

    What IWN said.

    The 3 enemies are just there to prevent people from swimming through solo (they are right before the boss room). Not of an issue for groups, but will take longer. Also some of the enemies now cross the ideal path in the dark area (where it used to be possible to bypass all enemies if one swam correctly in the past). Not something I find a great or fun change.

    The jellyfish boss is just as kitten as before but simply takes longer now. What I would have prefered: some kind of stacking debuff for pulling him into cages. What we got: boss turns immune ever 25% and the group is forced to clear 1, 2 and finally 3 adds. Again, not a fun change. Instead of rewarding clever play, people are simply forced to grind more stuff down.

    Honestly, I would have prefered them just changing the timer on rewards for this fractal to 30 minutes to prevent farming, but leaving it as is given these changes.

  • The Underwater fractal is now more of a shore than before. 1 out of 10 fractal players may have a decent underwater weapon to even fight and ANet has stated they won't re-work the underwater fights nor content and pull off this stupid 180°. I have to say it's annoying they couldn't just find another way to make the fractal less farm friendly other than making it an annoying shore. If ANet would properly address underwater combat, I wouldn't be so annoyed at this change.

    I for one would rather ANet just remove the damned fractal instead.

    Cheers!

    If lady luck turns her back, grab her... arm and tell her she's rude.

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2019

    The fractal requires some polishing after the change eg. reduce the glitter of the final Luminous Plant near the Krait Champion for Deep Water path. Got unlucky with the champion krait as it swam next to it; the entire fight was blinding :lol:. ̶O̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶b̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶h̶i̶e̶v̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶O̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶G̶r̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶(̶k̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶)̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶?̶ ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶K̶r̶a̶i̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶J̶e̶l̶l̶y̶f̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶s̶.̶

    The Boss fight is still fairly easy(was T3 recs) but significantly longer. Underwater skills need to be tweaked. With some skills inaccessible eg. Class & "land" weapon's skills, it limits the distribution of boons and certain class traits from functioning.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eramonster.2718 said:
    The fractal requires some polishing after the change eg. reduce the glitter of the final Luminous Plant near the Krait Champion for Deep Water path. Got unlucky with the champion krait as it swam next to it; the entire fight was blinding :lol:. On another note, is it still possible to obtain the achievement Open Grave (killing all monsters) with the new change? What used to be Kraits, are now Jellyfish and they respawns.

    The Boss fight is still fairly easy(was T3 recs) but significantly longer. Underwater skills need to be tweaked. With some skills inaccessible eg. Class & "land" weapon's skills, it limits the distribution of boons and certain class traits from functioning.

    Open grave isent that solid ocean we got land jellyfishes there now?

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2019

    Woops you're right :blush: got that achievement confused. Been wasting my time trying to solo it in the wrong fractal :bawling:.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eramonster.2718 said:
    Woops you're right :blush: got that achievement confused. Been wasting my time trying to solo it in the wrong fractal :bawling:.

    Np hope you get it soon mate =)

  • GWMO.4785GWMO.4785 Member ✭✭✭

    This fractal went from monotonous boring to obnoxious, "long" and annoying. Not difficult or mechanically challenging. just annoying...

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

    it means that now 'exp party' will kick pugs if they can't swim to place fast
    is means that now on t4 sometimes will be require link ascent aquatic weapon after fail nr 3
    it means that now on aquatic for 'non farmers' parties part of sugar run is stolen
    it means that now aquatic come aquatic Siriena NR2
    it means that now we see that aquatic skills not balanced and need updated
    it means that you never can predict how to to better and be sure that not break current ...

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.