BLACK LION WEAPON TICKETS NO LONGER IN BLACK LION CHESTS?

So, I recently noticed that black lion weapon tickets and ticket scraps are not currently in the black lion chests...(zephyr sanctum chest)...and I have to wonder, is this an oversight? How are we supposed to get black lion tickets to purchase the black lion skins that are currently available? At this point, unless tickets and scraps are restored to the black lion chests, the only way to get them is to complete black lion weapon skin collections by buying them from the trading post. Again, is this an oversight? or was it done intentionally? If done intentionally, who thought this was a good idea? I've spent literally thousands of dollars over the last 7 years on gems just for black lion keys. I buy gems for other gemstore items as well, but a huge percentage have been only for keys. The only reason I buy keys is to get tickets and scraps. It would be very helpful and sensible, I think, to put tickets and scraps back into the black lion chests immediately if not sooner. Mostly because I really like the current bioluminescent weapons skins and I want to complete the collection. This usually costs me about $150-$250 in keys, which I'm happy to spend if I'm going to get what I'm looking for.

OP if you cant stand to not get what you want.. don't put your faith in the gamble.Scraps and full Tickets are available in the BLC just like always, you only has to preview them to answer your only question.Bad luck is bad luck, it happens to the best of us.If you want to guarantee the BL weapon that you want, either save your gold and buy off the TP or whip out the credit card, buy some gems and convert to gold, then purchase off TP.If your buying BLC for tickets and scraps then expect to be disappointed... a lot!

My own personal luck would see me likely break the key in the lock before I ever got to see the loot.. heck I've opened at least 3 Zephyrite Curio Boxes this festival and got the same worthless item every time.. the Air Filtration head piece, but hey that's ok I took the gamble and didn't get that confetti infusion, must be rigged for sure, but at least I am still smiling :)

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:have a feeling OP is bit salty after getting a bunch of junk from the chest like me, just coming here to vent like other BLC complaint threads :\

or just the usual "everyone is bad at statistics"

Whatever it is, OP has obviously never heard of the "Preview" option. They could've answered their question themselves.

For what it's worth my impression is that tickets and scraps have become much rarer in recent months (not just this chests). That's purely based on anecdotal evidence - my own (very small sample of) drops and discussions with friends online. It's possible the drop rate has been reduced, maybe to accommodate the greater number of possible drops. (Since - once you've got an extra drop - the total chance for getting all the possible items which could be in that slot cannot exceed 100% the more things there are the less likely each one is to drop.)

Although on the other hand the TP price of new weapon skins currently only available with tickets doesn't seem to have increased, suggesting either the drop rate (and therefore availability of the skins) is the same, or that demand has reduced. Possibly a bit of both since it's now well known that new sets will eventually cycle back in as direct drops from the chest so there's possibly less urgency to get them when they're first available.

@Danikat.8537 said:For what it's worth my impression is that tickets and scraps have become much rarer in recent months (not just this chests). That's purely based on anecdotal evidence - my own (very small sample of) drops and discussions with friends online. It's possible the drop rate has been reduced, maybe to accommodate the greater number of possible drops. (Since - once you've got an extra drop - the total chance for getting all the possible items which could be in that slot cannot exceed 100% the more things there are the less likely each one is to drop.)

Although on the other hand the TP price of new weapon skins currently only available with tickets doesn't seem to have increased, suggesting either the drop rate (and therefore availability of the skins) is the same, or that demand has reduced. Possibly a bit of both since it's now well known that new sets will eventually cycle back in as direct drops from the chest so there's possibly less urgency to get them when they're first available.

They do rotate but those are also not on equal terms either. Some sets have been in there at least twice while some are still at zero. The current 1 ticket BL set has also been there for a while. There is also a very obvious problem with the set. They are not huge and covered in flames!!!

@"Danikat.8537" said:For what it's worth my impression is that tickets and scraps have become much rarer in recent months (not just this chests).I haven't seen any recent posts with enough keys used to add to my slowly-growing list and therefore cannot compare this month's or last month's contents.

I can say that despite people always having an opinion about things changing, for the primary sources I used (from four different "seasons") there were no notable differences in rates of scraps/tickets or uncommon/rare.

It's possible the drop rate has been reduced, maybe to accommodate the greater number of possible drops. (Since - once you've got an extra drop - the total chance for getting all the possible items which could be in that slot cannot exceed 100% the more things there are the less likely each one is to drop.)This isn't necessarily important because once you get the account unlock, that item is removed from the drop table. It also isn't likely to make a big difference, because there are so many items in the table to start with.

Although on the other hand the TP price of new weapon skins currently only available with tickets doesn't seem to have increased,That turns out to be an insufficient proxy for measuring drop rates, only because there are enough other factors that matter as much. Skins that people love remain high in price (both for collectors and investors speculating at how much future buyers will spend). When there are several coveted items to unlock, people spend more on keys, so that the number of tickets will go up, even if the rate were to drop.

As always, if anyone can point me to more data, I'm happy to compare/collate with what I have so far. (I do have certain requirements to make sure I'm getting clean, comparable results and I realize that most people don't want to bother -- the main reason to open is for fun and data collection is largely anti-fun.)

! Since it takes a fair bit of time to translate even well-presented results to something I can use (and, alas, very few people publish their results in easy-to-view format), I only bother if:! There's at least 50 keys used. 100 is better (mostly because the people who do 100+ are better at presenting)! The drops are shown clearly at some point (whether screenshot or video), with high enough quality I can identify all the icons.! * The player doesn't start clearing inventory until they've finished opening, i.e. no selling on TP, no spending statuettes or using Wardrobe unlocks until the end.!! Obviously I prefer when the player collates their own data and presents it clearly in table form, but I find I can't be choosy about it and still have enough data.

thanks for all the comments and responses, but no, I'm not salty, and no I wasn't "missing" them. in preview yesterday they were not there. I checked several times. Now, suddenly, they are there. So, all good, now. But I also submitted a bug report on it yesterday, with a screen shot showing they were clearly not present in the loot tables. I'm just glad they're back. Thanks to whoever fixed this.

@Hashberry.4510 said:I had heard scraps were less common since they revamped to add the gold trash add wardrobe unlocks. Guess that's another myth?

Well if they add something to the chest there is more to roll on and that would make scrap being rolled less so not a myth if you use common sence

@"solarisnox.8521" said:thanks for all the comments and responses, but no, I'm not salty, and no I wasn't "missing" them. in preview yesterday they were not there. I checked several times. Now, suddenly, they are there. So, all good, now. But I also submitted a bug report on it yesterday, with a screen shot showing they were clearly not present in the loot tables. I'm just glad they're back. Thanks to whoever fixed this.

Mind sharing that screenshot mate?