KB4505903

I have similar issue here as well, after installing KB4512508 (the exact KB number depends on the actual Windows 10 version you are using I believe) having RivaTuner Statistics Server detection for Guild Wars 2 enabled makes the game crash a few seconds after the game window appears with the "c000001d" exception. I played the game just before installing the update with RivaTuner Statistics Server enabled and it was running fine, without problem. After installing this update, the game will no longer run with the RTSS OSD enabled and it crashes. Is this problem introduced with this windows update Microsoft's issue and we have to wait for another windows update, or it will be fixed by the GW2's team with a game update (as far as i have checked, other games run fine with the update, and RTSS enabled, the issue appears only with GW2) (I hope it will eventually be fixed, loosing functionality I used to use is kinda frustrating)?

Btw, I beliewe the other thread on this forum (Named "Cannot Launch Game" - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/84399/cannot-launch-game) is related to the same issue as both the cause of the issue (the same windows update numbers, the same exception code) and the working solution (uninstalling the specific windows update) from the most recent posts match our described situation.

@"Bigos.2759" said:having RivaTuner Statistics Server detection for Guild Wars 2 enabled makes the game crash a few seconds after the game window appears with the "c000001d" exception.

I think it's safe to say it's best not to have GW2 run through any other programs other than the game client itself.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@"Bigos.2759" said:having RivaTuner Statistics Server detection for Guild Wars 2 enabled makes the game crash a few seconds after the game window appears with the "c000001d" exception.

I think it's safe to say it's best not to have GW2 run through any other programs other than the game client itself.

I'm not running GW2 "through" RTSS, I normally use the game client to run the game, I just have RTSS installed and enabled so that in every game on my computer I can have FPS counter displayed and framerate limit functionality (I am using G-SYNC which, for the best experience, requires games to limit framerate slightly bellow display’s maximum refresh rate - see "Optimal G-SYNC Settings" on blurbusters.com) and I have just been referring to how is the actual game detection in RTSS named/realized. As you can see, I'm not the only one who encountered this issue and I just wanted to make sure that the right people will be made aware of this new issue, because, when some functionality works as expected, and due to an update it accidentally stops working (not by-design), the first solution is to fix (or at least try to) this new issue, not make people stop using this specific functionality, and you can't fix something you are not aware of.

Or maybe I am totally wrong and we are not supposed to use any kind of such programs (including Nvidia GeForce Experience's built-in In-Game Overlay) and this new windows update "did the right thing"?

I've just found solution that worked for me! Open RivaTuner Statistics Server, click "Setup" button, and in "General" tab go down to the bottom and click "Reset cache" button. Restart RTSS and it should work and no longer crash GW2 :D . Thanks @wanya.1697 for indicating that it may be the issue with the RTSS itself. :)

• 1 month later...

@"Bigos.2759" said:I've just found solution that worked for me! Open RivaTuner Statistics Server, click "Setup" button, and in "General" tab go down to the bottom and click "Reset cache" button. Restart RTSS and it should work and no longer crash GW2 :D . Thanks @wanya.1697 for indicating that it may be the issue with the RTSS itself. :)

Thank you, that did the trick for me. Much obliged.