So, how do you remove infusions from weapons?

Fenom.9457

Since the wiki didn’t have the information available, I was experimenting with how infusions work on land weapons underwater (an infusion on a normal weapon disappears underwater. I’m assuming the reverse is true also). Ok, so I’ll have to be strategic about what Infusion goes where. For now, I’ll use one of my 50 upgrade extractors to get that infusion back on a piece of armor. Wait a second. It won’t let me? Yes, it turns out upgrade extractors do not, in fact, extract upgrades from weapons. To be clear, this is the description of what an upgrade extractors does:

This tool will remove the upgrades from any item, without destroying either the upgrade or the item.

From any item. Except not weapons. Ok. So how am I supposed to extract the infusion from my weapon?

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Are you sure about that?

Looks like it should work fine.vaotltd.jpgalso note the line of text at the top ... "Separates one upgrade component from one item."

The infusion extractor is much cheaper though.

Upgrade extractor pulls out an upgrade and an infusion, you shouldn't waste that on just pulling out the infusion.

Get the Infusion Extraction device from the fractal lobby. One of the catbots sells it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:Since the wiki didn’t have the information available,Where did you look?

I ask because it seems like something that might be fixed easily. Sometimes, the editors there assume "common knowledge" about things which are uncommonly known.

hes probably searched for "upgrade extractor" expecting infusion info togheter, instead of "infusion extractor".

but the page about infusion extraction exists and is correctly indexed on google search by "infusion extraction gw2".https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion_Extraction_Device

the link to infusion extractor is also on "see also" section of upgrade extractor page.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_Extractor

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Since the wiki didn’t have the information available,Where did you look?

I ask because it seems like something that might be fixed easily. Sometimes, the editors there assume "common knowledge" about things which are uncommonly known.

hes probably searched for "upgrade extractor" expecting infusion info togheter, instead of "infusion extractor".

but the page about infusion extraction exists and is correctly indexed on google search by "infusion extraction gw2".

the link to infusion extractor is also on "see also" section of upgrade extractor page.

might be useful to put a "disambiguation" notice at the top of those, so people who don't know the jargon can find what they need.

@Fenom.9457 still interested in what articles you visited; i'm sure you're not the only person who didn't find what they needed.

@Fenom.9457 said:Since the wiki didn’t have the information available,Where did you look?

but the page about infusion extraction exists and is correctly indexed on google search by "infusion extraction gw2".

the link to infusion extractor is also on "see also" section of upgrade extractor page.

might be useful to put a "disambiguation" notice at the top of those, so people who don't know the jargon can find what they need.

@Fenom.9457 still interested in what articles you visited; i'm sure you're not the only person who didn't find what they needed.

I visited mainly the upgrade extractors page, but I checked different pages on infusions and weapons just to be sure. I did find the infusion extractor, but the trouble is, after reading the upgrade extractors worked on any gear and finding it didn’t, I couldn’t really trust that page. And I was away from the game so I made a post instead of checking it myself.

@Fenom.9457 said:I visited mainly the upgrade extractors page, but I checked different pages on infusions and weapons just to be sure. I did find the infusion extractor, but the trouble is, after reading the upgrade extractors worked on any gear and finding it didn’t, I couldn’t really trust that page. And I was away from the game so I made a post instead of checking it myself.

I see. Thanks for letting us know.I'll take a look at the wiki articles, with an eye towards making it easier for the next player in a similar situation.

@Fenom.9457 wroteYes, it turns out upgrade extractors do not, in fact, extract upgrades from weapons.

I just revisited this statement and I'm confused, because I have used upgrade extractors to remove upgrades from weapons many, many times. I've never had a problem with it. The wiki is correct on this point.

So I'm wondering what weapon or weapons(s) you tried to use it on. What upgrades were you trying to remove? Do you happen to take/save any screenshots?

Thanks.

@Fenom.9457 wroteYes, it turns out upgrade extractors do not, in fact, extract upgrades from weapons.

I just revisited this statement and I'm confused, because I have used upgrade extractors to remove upgrades from weapons many, many times. I've never had a problem with it. The wiki is correct on this point.

So I'm wondering what weapon or weapons(s) you tried to use it on. What upgrades were you trying to remove? Do you happen to take/save any screenshots?

Thanks.

It was a legendary weapon that had both a Sigil and infusion in it at the time

@Fenom.9457 said:

Thanks.

It was a legendary weapon that had both a Sigil and infusion in it at the time

That is to save you from wasting the extractor because you can just right click on the legendary and remove any of the upgrades.