Guildwars MOBA — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Guildwars MOBA

Interpretor.3091Interpretor.3091 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 15, 2019 in PVP

Would you play it?

• Separate client
  • Same combat system and graphics.
  • Vanilla Professions.
  • Lore character skins or customizable characters/weapons.
  • Ranked Seasons
  • Mounts and gliders.
  • Different balance team.

Guildwars MOBA 52 votes

Yes, MoBA Guildwars please.
30%
Sonekawa.9123Daishi.6027Ziggityzog.7389Sorem.9157Raiden The Beast.3016bigo.9037Anativ.2374Thornwolf.9721Alyster.9470Serenity.6304LordMorgul.9845Doto.6357Tayga.3192Xar.6279Tycura.1982Gamadorn.2670 16 votes
No, here is why:
69%
Jethro.9376derd.6413Trigr.6481BackbonedAlex.5694Lonami.2987Susy.7529Axl.8924Pterikdactyl.7630sephiroth.4217Exedore.6320BadMed.3846Aeolus.3615Lich King.1524ParanoidKami.2867Falan.1839Yannir.4132Zitronenalien.4532Mbelch.9028Waffler.1257VoidNard.7206 36 votes

Comments

• bbop.9706bbop.9706 Member ✭✭✭
    No, here is why:

I don't like MOBAS :-(
    I liked Battlerite though...

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm just hoping the next game they put money into isnt a mobile cash cow game just made to make money. If we do get a gw3 game or just a pvp version of guild wars with similar game play. I'm all in. Right now circlequest and the zzzZZZzzz game play of stand in the circle and die from aoe or run and loose it game play is stale. Sadly they failed again with 2v2 and not having a que for the now 4 TDM maps 3 2v2 and 1 5v5 so i dont expect alot. I wouldn't mind a moba game version because stronghold is wayyy better then dancing in a little circle all game. i know they can do it.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

mobas are boring and lame.

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭
    1. Remove pvp from the game (Leave WvW as an RvR type mode), at least as a competitive game-mode. IT can still be there but its not gonna have tournaments or anything major going forward
    2. Make a moba with all the specs in each class as unique characters, balance them accordingly.
    3. You will make money off E-sports and it will help stop the issues you run into now by to try and balance the game. If someone wants solid pvp action that isn't like RvR or just doing pvp for fun the MoBa will be there for them.
    4. It brings in money.
    5. It's easier to develop and maintain than an MMO and can be a good addition to stand alongside your MMO.

All of that said I Still wouldn't touch it ~ Smite exists with much more love for the lore, and the character designs suite my tastes most of the time. Where as GW2 aesthetically to me is hideous.

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:
    looks at Stronghold...... Answers poll.

I take my answer back

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like gw2 combat. It is fluid and addictive. I used to farm the JP in EB back in the days, it was so much fun. I still have fun in spvp, imo gw2 doesn't need a moba mode, but PvP needs some love and dedication because it already has a solid base to be successful. Anet just needs to listen to the community, capitalize on all the good stuff they've been working on and build on that. If the game was a store, PvP would be the flagship window.

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

Yes. We need something that creates the equivalent of in lane jousting, that forces a split and brings people together for a team fight phase while people are on the move together.

Stronghold was bound to flop.

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

Aren't Stronghold kinda like MOBA?

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, here is why:

That's a big nope for a MOBA.
    CRpg though? Yes. With an arena style PvP multiplayer.

• No, here is why:

I'd rather play LoL tbh, when i see the amount of updates we get, if it turns to a MOBA it will die in less than a month.

That's my alt account btw

• draxynnic.3719draxynnic.3719 Member ✭✭✭✭

Stronghold is basically MOBA mechanics in the GW2 engine. Just needed more maps rather than receiving the typical ArenaNet treatment of dropping everything that isn't a resounding success from the word go.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rukia.4802 said:
    GW1 basically is moba MMO hybrid. That's why its pvp is 9000000000000000000000000000000x better than GW2.

Way ahead of its time I tell you.

+1

• Exedore.6320Exedore.6320 Member ✭✭✭
    No, here is why:

@draxynnic.3719 said:
    Stronghold is basically MOBA mechanics in the GW2 engine. Just needed more maps rather than receiving the typical ArenaNet treatment of dropping everything that isn't a resounding success from the word go.

Stronghold has tons of gameplay problems to address before it gets another map. Those problems are why the mode died so fast.

There are two winning strategies to the current version of stronghold, both of which are boring: you either go full- on PvE race or just all sit at your gate and kill all doorbreakers instantly, running inside to avoid going down. Archers are worthless. Etc.

• DoomNexus.5324DoomNexus.5324 Member ✭✭✭
    No, here is why:

I don't like MOBAs and I'd love GW2 sPvP if it had better balance so why not just use a different pvp balance team in vanilla GW2?
    Also MOBA relies on good and very frequent balance way more then gw2 in its current state, Anet would never be able to pull that off. It's just that GW2 pvp balance is fubar unfortunately.

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

MOB......WHAT? Oh, really? mmmmmm no thanks

Winter Nerf is coming!

• @Tycura.1982 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I take my answer back

Too late! :D

But for real though. I just imagine Smite with Guildwars2 combat and graphics. I think Smites combat system is kitten tbh.

As far as stronghold...I don’t think it’s a fair indicator of how a dedicated Gw2 moba would be. There’s no support whatsoever for the game mode, The game already had a plethora of balance issues before and during stronghold release, there was no info on how to actually play the gamemode, and without a separate client it pretty much relies on already existing Gw2 players to stumble onto it. If you were new to the game, you would have no idea stronghold even existed aside from the little checkmark in the Spvp queuing client.

Ive been PvPing and playing since release and I still don’t understand 100% what the hell is going on in stronghold.

• Scoobaniec.9561Scoobaniec.9561 Member ✭✭✭

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@Tycura.1982 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I take my answer back

Too late! :D

But for real though. I just imagine Smite with Guildwars2 combat and graphics. I think Smites combat system is kitten tbh.

Smite feels pretty close to me to gw2 combat wise apart from 0 dodges, having to aim everything manually and lack of the cheese like perma invis 1 shot combos, clones and other bs.
    I mean after all one is esport game, the other one tried and failed hard. I still hate Hirez tho

• No, here is why:

Nearly any kind of pvp gamemode could be fun in gw2 if done well. Do i trust that anet can turn gw2 into a quality pvp game right now? Absolutely not.

• Banumiel.1926Banumiel.1926 Member
    edited August 18, 2019
    No, here is why:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Mobas are very easy, a genre with very few skill cap.
    If you want a easy GW2, goto GW1.

• Yes, MoBA Guildwars please.

yes but not a separate game

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭
    No, here is why:

we already have strongholds, nobody plays it, big success

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.