Soulbeast Question — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Soulbeast Question

Hi all! I was wondering if a double dagger soulbeast build was viable, with a shortbow on the second bar? It looks extremely fun but I know a lot of weapon builds aren't considered "viable" in this game. Thanks!

Comments

• anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭

Viable for what? I run D/D soulbeast in openworld PVE and I die a lot less than I expected, so I'd say perfectly viable for that. As for competitive modes, I can't really tell. Nothing can save my poor-player hind parts there, viable or not... :D

Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

Main hand dagger and shortbow are good for oPvE and great for group content due to high dps.
    OH dagger is kinda lack luster in all modes but has most uses in PvP.

I could recommend dagger/torch and shortbow.

• KeyOrion.9506KeyOrion.9506 Member ✭✭✭

If you got Sword/Dagger you have a lot more ability to dance around the enemy. Shortbow isn't to bad. Unfortunately it's old gatling gun style of play I truelly miss.

• Grab a torch offhand instead of your second dagger and you're golden for a condi build. OH dagger is unfortunately the least useful ranger weapon, probably the only one not used between all different top-tier builds.

• KeyOrion.9506KeyOrion.9506 Member ✭✭✭

Like I said, the Sword/Dagger is a dancing combo. You'll have a break off combat, and a couple extra dodges. You'd have to have runes, sigils, or a skill that causes Condi's in order to be any effective with it. Naturally little to no ranger's use this combination in battle anymore. It requires head to head combat, and with Firebrand/Scourges meta, you don't live very long with this combo even on a good day.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.