External Poll: Most OP WvW 1 vs 1 class for impromptu fights (3rd Quarter 2019)

EremiteAngel.9765

Recent balance updates saw a few major changes since the mid of 2019.Berserkers got toned down, Soulbeasts took a hit, and Thieves have gotten new skills!Have the balance updates changed things sufficiently to affect the rankings in the 3rd Quarter of 2019?Rank the classes for their impromptu 1 vs 1 prowess!

Impromptu fights meaning it is not an arranged duel where they bow and change builds and try to counter each other.Impromptu meaning they roam with their usual roaming builds and meet each other while roaming and engage in a fight spontaneously.

Poll link here:http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/ncbnrw/most-op-wvw-1-vs-1-class-3rd-quarter-2019

Poll results here:http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/jezaeg/most-op-wvw-1-vs-1-class-3rd-quarter-2019/view

Previous Poll results:

• Mid 2019:2.8Mesmer3.3Engineer3.5Warrior3.6Ranger5.3Revenant5.3Thief6.7Elementalist6.9Guardian7.5Necromancer

• Beginning 2019:2.5Mesmer3.0Ranger3.5Engineer4.2Thief5.4Warrior5.5Revenant6.0Elementalist7.0Guardian7.8Necro

Pretty funny considering mesmer probably one of the lowest played classes now. Base mesmer is useless, chrono was destroyed, mirage continues to get nerfed to the ground. Tons of rangers, thieves, warriors, engineers, even reapers, revs, eles, dragonhunters now for roaming. I guess seeing 3 clones means they're fighting 1v4.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Pretty funny considering mesmer probably one of the lowest played classes now. Base mesmer is useless, chrono was destroyed, mirage continues to get nerfed to the ground. Tons of rangers, thieves, warriors, engineers, even reapers, revs, eles, dragonhunters now for roaming. I guess seeing 3 clones means they're fighting 1v4.

Voters have placed Mesmers as clear winners for two quarters in a row, being the only class with a rank that is sub 3.I guess the updates over the months seems to have changed that view though if the early stages of this 3rd quarter poll is anything to go by.21 votes so far and there isn't a dominant sub 3 ranked class now.Close fight between the top 4 classes with all of them at 3+ rank.

And surprise of the lot, for me at least, would be the thieves.Are the new traps that strong?They went from 5th rank in Mid 2019 to 1st in this poll :o

3.4Thief3.7Mesmer3.8Ranger3.8Revenant4.7Warrior4.9Engineer5.3Elementalist7.4Guardian8.0Necromancer

@XenesisII.1540 said:Pretty funny considering mesmer probably one of the lowest played classes now. Base mesmer is useless, chrono was destroyed, mirage continues to get nerfed to the ground. Tons of rangers, thieves, warriors, engineers, even reapers, revs, eles, dragonhunters now for roaming. I guess seeing 3 clones means they're fighting 1v4.

Hey it could be worse...... 5 dots could scare some ppl away.Only for them to later find out that it was only a necro with minions.

Engineer is still the best and strongest 1vs1 classFollowed by cancer mesmer and annoying thiefA cancer scourge is strong too

Some undieable ele / reaver are annoying as hell plus undieable scrapper

Edit: thief is the new mesmer and the new ranger...Never saw that much thiefs in this game... 4 of 10 roamers are thiefs nowadays

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Voters have placed Mesmers as clear winners for two quarters in a row, being the only class with a rank that is sub 3.I guess the updates over the months seems to have changed that view though if the early stages of this 3rd quarter poll is anything to go by.21 votes so far and there isn't a dominant sub 3 ranked class now.Close fight between the top 4 classes with all of them at 3+ rank.

And surprise of the lot, for me at least, would be the thieves.Are the new traps that strong?They went from 5th rank in Mid 2019 to 1st in this poll :o

3.4Thief3.7Mesmer3.8Ranger3.8Revenant4.7Warrior4.9Engineer5.3Elementalist7.4Guardian8.0Necromancer

Are we looking at the same poll?

I'm seeing this;

3.7 Necro3.9 Engi4.0 Warr4.6 Rev4.7 Ele5.0 Guard5.7 Mes6.3 Ranger7.0 Thief

Unless there's something I'm not seeing, or reading wrong. Poll stats I posted were current as of 20:56 on 17/8/19.

Edit; the poll had 77 responses when I looked, and you wrote your post more than 12 hours earlier than mine. If you're posting results based on a low pool of responses you're going to get heavily biased data. Just saying.

Welp, we're not unskewing those results. Probably just a troll at an internet café. You can probably vote as much as you want on these polls if you change your proxy.Your best bet is to just use this forum's polling system. Trolls will still vote for necro, but probably not 48 times.

~ Kovu

edit- 49

edit- 50