Whats the current meta for WvW?

ShadowOme.4528

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@ShadowOme.4528 said:come on peeps throw me a bone here dont be cryptic :C

you have to make your own decision. people will say what ever they want. and if you don't know them; will they be honest with you? try it out and see. then you can say if it's bad or good.

i cant really try out dead eye till i reach level 80 >.> would be real big waste of time to do that

@ShadowOme.4528 said:

@ShadowOme.4528 said:come on peeps throw me a bone here dont be cryptic :C

you have to make your own decision. people will say what ever they want. and if you don't know them; will they be honest with you? try it out and see. then you can say if it's bad or good.

i cant really try out dead eye till i reach level 80 >.> would be real big waste of time to do that

it's fun. :)

I assume you want to know about zerging classes.

Preferable--Firebrand Guardian for boons, heals, and instant rezzes. Mostly used for support, not many used for offensive builds.-Scourge Necromancer for damage, corrupts, and barrier-Glint Revenants for damage and buffs, great to combo up with scourges and eles.-Chronomancer Mesmer can make a very good commanding class, and still provides useful utilities-illusion of life, veil, portal, alacrity, quickness etc.-Scrapper Engineer for cleanses, heals, and stealth-Tempest/Weaver Elementalist can do a good job with healing running aurashare builds, and meteor shower can do tons of damage with a power build-Spellbreaker Warrior for WoD chaining, more useful with an organized group.

Useful-Reaper-can pump out a ton of damage, but lacks ranged aoe and vulnerable when out of shroud. Better in small group fights.Rangers-can put out a lot of single target damage, good for sniping, but lacks aoe which is crucial for large fightsThieves-Daredevil can be useful in a zerg for targeting necros and eles with vault spams, but DD/Deadeye used more for roaming.Dragonhunter- Hunters ward can provide a great CC when used properly. Sometimes used for burn focused builds which can do very high damage, but too reliant on one condition which is easily cleared in zergs. More useful against pug groups than organized guilds.

Just personal opinions, Im sure I forgot some.

There is 2 ways of playing really, simplified:Semi-pirateship

• Complements having zerky eles and revs, 1200 range classes.
  • Not so reliant on superspeed/perfect comp
  • Focuses on winning at least 1 side, right or left, and bombing enemy melee when they try to engage
  • Relies on open field or defensive positioning.
  • Only viable at blobscale or against unorganized groups
  • Push in when enemy is losing ground or is low on cooldowns, but don't yolo, peel them like layers on an onion.
  • 1 mistake can lead your whole melee dying.Melee ball
  • Simply stack on tag and stealthbomb enemies, then train around through the enemy ranged. If you keep moving you take less AoEs.
  • Requires lot of superspeed/sustain on every melee, so scrappers/melee tempests
  • Complements having Scourges, 900 range class, and spellbreakers
  • Perfect at guildscale and closed spaces
  • Easier to learn/follow, harder to make errors/big plays on, as you just can just run with the tag regardless of class.

Most compositions want to be able to do both with exception of some servers that hold stonemist and camp eb all the time (defensive positioning). So 5-man party comp is usually:

1. Firebrand for stab, heals, cleanse, boons
  2. Off-healer/condi cleanser with superspeed, tempest/scrapper. Note: these classes cleanse way more than firebrand.
  3. Scourge for boonremoval, extra sustain, burst damage and area denial
  4. Revenant for Dwarf elite (50% dmg reduction for pushes & counter-pushes), boons and long-range reliable AoE burst
  5. Some spellbreakers, extra scourges and maybe weavers.

@Threather.9354 said:There is 2 ways of playing really, simplified:Semi-pirateship

• Complements having zerky eles and revs, 1200 range classes.
  • Not so reliant on superspeed/perfect comp
  • Focuses on winning at least 1 side, right or left, and bombing enemy melee when they try to engage
  • Relies on open field or defensive positioning.
  • Only viable at blobscale or against unorganized groups
  • Push in when enemy is losing ground or is low on cooldowns, but don't yolo, peel them like layers on an onion.
  • 1 mistake can lead your whole melee dying.Melee ball
  • Simply stack on tag and stealthbomb enemies, then train around through the enemy ranged. If you keep moving you take less AoEs.
  • Requires lot of superspeed/sustain on every melee, so scrappers/melee tempests
  • Complements having Scourges, 900 range class, and spellbreakers
  • Perfect at guildscale and closed spaces
  • Easier to learn/follow, harder to make errors/big plays on, as you just can just run with the tag regardless of class.

Most compositions want to be able to do both with exception of some servers that hold stonemist and camp eb all the time (defensive positioning). So 5-man party comp is usually:

1. Firebrand for stab, heals, cleanse, boons
  2. Off-healer/condi cleanser with superspeed, tempest/scrapper. Note: these classes cleanse way more than firebrand.
  3. Scourge for boonremoval, extra sustain, burst damage and area denial
  4. Revenant for Dwarf elite (50% dmg reduction for pushes & counter-pushes), boons and long-range reliable AoE burst
  5. Some spellbreakers, extra scourges and maybe weavers.Or you could simply sum up the melee ball as have all the boons.

Meta should always be a temporary word, at least for any balance team that know what the hell they are doing. It absolutely confounds me that the balance atrocities that go on and on are not called to the carpet so to speak. I've never in all my years of playing MMO's seen virtually no rotation of meta's such as we've seem in this game, it goes to show you how young and inexperienced this team is, worst of all they are learning their trade on our dime!