[Suggestion] Please give us alternative charr body postures!

This has been suggested many times over the years, and many people liked the idea to have straight body postures similar to the ones seen in gw1.

You can actually get an idea of how it'd look if you do the /crossarms emote.

Personally i'd pick that over what we have any day, it looks more dignified and intelligent, and less like they're about to break their back.

It would be amazing if there was a slider for the arc of the posture during charr character creation. Out-of-combat running animation could stay the same, with only idle, walking and combat animations using the more upstraight position.

Pls anet

Maybe they could do something like Elder Scrolls Online's personalities, which change your characters posture, idle animations and some emotes. For example the thief personality makes then stay slightly crouched and look around suspiciously, and the commander personality makes them stand up straighter and march everywhere.

GW2 ones might have to be either race specific, or (like certain outfits) change based on your race, because unlike ESO different races use different models in this game, but we know it's possible to change or restrict items based on race, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Most importantly by making it an option you apply to your character it gets around the problem of people who like the current posture for charr and don't want it changed, or want something different to simply walking upright. Each player can choose to stick with the defaults or apply the personality they like for their character.

Actually before in the game, also when you make a character you can choose from three stuff : Charming, Honorable, Brute https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PersonalityUnfortunately they didn't try to improve the system and abandon it.If they can put it back, maybe they like you explain> @"Danikat.8537" said:

Maybe they could do something like Elder Scrolls Online's personalities, which change your characters posture, idle animations and some emotes. For example the thief personality makes then stay slightly crouched and look around suspiciously, and the commander personality makes them stand up straighter and march everywhere.

GW2 ones might have to be either race specific, or (like certain outfits) change based on your race, because unlike ESO different races use different models in this game, but we know it's possible to change or restrict items based on race, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Most importantly by making it an option you apply to your character it gets around the problem of people who like the current posture for charr and don't want it changed, or want something different to simply walking upright. Each player can choose to stick with the defaults or apply the personality they like for their character.

Actually before in the game, also when you make a character you can choose from three stuff : Charming, Honorable, Brute https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PersonalityUnfortunately they didn't try to improve the system and abandon it.If they can put it back, maybe they make like you explain since people can RP how they like

@rdigeri.7935 said:This has been suggested many times over the years, and many people liked the idea to have straight body postures similar to the ones seen in gw1.

Personally i'd pick that over what we have any day, it looks more dignified and intelligent, and less like they're about to break their back.

It would be amazing if there was a slider for the arc of the posture during charr character creation. Out-of-combat running animation could stay the same, with only idle, walking and combat animations using the more upstraight position.

Pls anet

Also the neck need to come in some. It makes a lot of skins look awkward on Charr. I have two Charr, one of which is one of my main pvp classes so I really want better posture for him so he look better in gear.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@rdigeri.7935 said:This has been suggested many times over the years, and many people liked the idea to have straight body postures similar to the ones seen in gw1.

Pls anet

Also the neck need to come in some. It makes a lot of skins look awkward on Charr. I have two Charr, one of which is one of my main pvp classes so I really want better posture for him so he look better in gear.

I mean, it would help if they made gear unique per race instead of awkwardly stretching it to try and fit...

Good thing is, even if this slider existed, they wouldn't have to alter the armor pieces at all because emotes like /laugh and /crossarms use this upstraight position and it looks good. They would just have to combine that body position with the leg and arm movements :D

I like the Charr how they are, they aren't human. SO having them move and stand a lil different from the rest of the humanoids is fine with me.But I do like how they can stand tall with crossedarms, maybe add a new idle animation where they will stand tall and look around ?The proportions of the Charr are fine, considering it is a monster race of felines. Wish we could get the armor adjusted, even if they just add some neck coverings or collars to help with the armor stretching.

@"NeverLoseGuy.3894" said:I like to extend this a bit and just make idle animations based on your character's personality.

Just idle animations because doing all would be too much work, that said I would love to see "bouncy" animations on one of my characters.

Imo they could make it for all (simple idle stance as well the animation) and then release others through the gemstore. Eso has been doing that and Warframe as well and ppl are buying them alot.

So give use 3 for each race for the 3 personalities and then start selling more.

@Dante.1763 said:

Pls anet

I mean, it would help if they made gear unique per race instead of awkwardly stretching it to try and fit...

Too much work.

I'd rather not. Development time and resources aside, one of the main visual clues since GW1 about the legion a charr belonged to was how upright they stood. Flame Legion stands upright like how the OP wants them to be; Ash, Blood, and Iron stand more naturally which, for charr, is hunched over.

Also standing fully erect would make the transition to running on all fours unnatural looking.

@Zephire.8049 said:I'd rather not. Development time and resources aside, one of the main visual clues since GW1 about the legion a charr belonged to was how upright they stood. Flame Legion stands upright like how the OP wants them to be; Ash, Blood, and Iron stand more naturally which, for charr, is hunched over.

I don't think that's entirely intentional, actually, for two reasons:Flame Legion members with physical skills stood hunched over, it's only the mages and whatnot standing straight;This distinction doesn't exist in gw2 where Flame is hunched over too.

Rather than their Legion, it seems more like their mindset/authority is what makes them stand straight.

Also standing fully erect would make the transition to running on all fours unnatural looking.

Yeah that's possible

@rdigeri.7935 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:I'd actually prefer to go in the other direction. The gait at the moment is rather lumbering most of the time, which doesn't suit Ash Legion, for example, at all.

By other direction, do you mean they go even lower with their head?

Yep. Actually walking on four feet rather than two for example, instead of restricting that to running only. Supposedly (if the fiction is to be believed) they're a little more quick and quiet that way.