[Build][Updated] Dps soulbeast for open world and fractals

horvgab.4879

I've seen a lot of you looking after a viable and fun pve SB build. Well I made one, and I have a lot of fun with it.Plus I almost always top dps in fractals, and a very good one on open world bounties. (I can see with my dps add-on, which says me how much % of the boss life was dps-d by me. With a group of 40-50 ppl I can deal 4-5% life of the boss which is very very good compared to the zerg.)

So here is the build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAoYVjEqQNL2wCWsAVLWMEs8q72d8yEAGdnumOQwqFMhUA-jBSAQB/RfzXUKAgzUQaU2JtHpQEV/pH7PEJlgBAOAGv4Ff8Ef8xH/4jP+4jPeXP+4jP+4jP+4jPepAeUZF-e

It mainly based on bleed but you'll have nice power dmg as well.Purposes of the build: reach 100% bleed duration, 100% critUsing dagger/dagger: I think dagger is very fun weapon and with this build a very strong one. Dagger 2 can deal unbuffed 15k total, 20k with 25 stack might.

You can consistantly reach 10k+ dps (14k with practice) with my rotation on any bounty boss.It's not a min/max build, but a very versatile one. I had a lot of problem with the meta build, and main problem is it needs meta team with ppl who knows what they do. This for the plebs for the avarege ppl, who runs daily tier 3 fractals with pugs and and doing public events, story missions and achivements. Not a raid ready 40k dps madness. (Acutally in open world I was happy to reach max of 15k with the meta build, but constantly died.)

Gearing:

• Viper gear: you can craft any ascended gear (I think you already crafted) and change stats on it with viper insignia. Very cheap and easy.
  • Rampager weapons: base stat, easy to get.
  • Celestial rings, neck and acessories: buy it with lauler or fractal token. Only one ring is rampager but you can get it the same way.
  • Rune of krait: for the 100% bleed duration.
  • Sigil of malice, agony: malice is expensive but you need it.

Pets:

• Lynx: for max coni dps
  • You can choose one for utility, it's situational.

Utilities:

• Stances are weak. And we have better options.
  • Elite: Entangle or One Wolf -> Entangle wins in any aspect.
  • Sharpening stone: must have dps.
  • Signet of stone: panic button, and actually gives you a lot of dps because you can stay on "fire" much longer.
  • Signet of the wild: for passive ferocity and additional immob.
  • Troll ungent: best heal ever. Don't use bear stance, with trait survi skills gives you more condi cleanse.
  • You can swap any signet for other utilities, don't use them this spots for dps (i.e. traps, i hate traps, they are so booring). Viable choices: Doylak stance, Protect me, Spirits, Quickening Zephyr

Traits:

• WS GM: Poision master doesn't give enough plus dps. The Wk-s condi cleanse plus cd red. is much better.
  • Skirmishing GM: It's preference, but I don't like weapon swap, and I want stay on D/D so the +10% crit and fero is better.
  • SB first: staying constantly on beast mode so Live Fast.
  • SB second: this is preference, all three is very good. If you have problems with surv, you can switch for any of it. PC has nice heal with this build.

Pros:

• Very very easy to gear up
  • Celestial gives you a very good versatility so you can stay alive, while you can use all of the offensive stat it gives you.
  • Consistent and high dps on any situation except raids.

Cons:

• Not for raids, but for raid there is the meta build, you don't have to think about it.
  • Weak aoe dmg (without quickdraw bonefire) edited

Rotation:

1. Precast sharpening stone (with 25 might it's 40k dmg)
  2. Dagger 2
  3. Maul (lynx 2)
  4. Entangle
  5. Dagger 5
  6. Primal cry (we build up now quickness for autoattacks)
  7. Dagger 3
  8. Dagger 3
  9. Dagger 4 when you need a dodge.
  10. Autoattack

User everything on cd and switch shortbow when you can't melee. The prio is based on given rotation.

Edit:If you need aoe:

1. Sharpening stone
  2. Primal cry (SB 3)
  3. Entangle
  4. Shortbow 2
  5. (Bring spike trap)
  6. (Use Light on your feet trait for shortbow pierces)
  7. (Change shortbow to axe/torch)

Against break bars:

1. Use electric wyvern
  2. Use pet ability
  3. (Switch to shortbow) Shortbow 5
  4. Go beast mode
  5. beast mode ability 3-2-1 (all off them will hit the breakbar)
  6. Entangle
  7. Signet of wild
  8. Shortbow 4
  9. Dagger 5

@horvgab.4879 said:(I can see with my dps add-on, which says me how much % of the boss life was dps-d by me. With a group of 40-50 ppl I can deal 4-5% life of the boss which is very very good compared to the zerg.)

This actually looks very interesting. May I ask what DPS monitor addon do you use? I always wanted to use one, but everything I found onlie have been discontinued...

@Marcaum.1302 said:

@horvgab.4879 said:(I can see with my dps add-on, which says me how much % of the boss life was dps-d by me. With a group of 40-50 ppl I can deal 4-5% life of the boss which is very very good compared to the zerg.)

This actually looks very interesting. May I ask what DPS monitor addon do you use? I always wanted to use one, but everything I found onlie have been discontinued...

I'm using BGDM, here is the link:http://gw2bgdm.blogspot.hu/p/faq.html

You need some time to get used to it, but not too difficult to use. There are good tutorials.

@Spartyr.6795 said:One potential drawback I see without Bonfire, how do you handle AoE?

If you need aoe, use sharpening stone, Primal cry (SB 3), Entangle and shortbow 2, and maybe you can bring spike trap, but I don't recommend it.Or use Light on your feet trait for shortbow pierces. Or change shortbow to axe/torch, it's up to you, it doesn't wont hurt you dps.

On bounties, there is only one enemy, in open world (i.e. dragon stand) the adds will melt, your job is to go for the strong enemies, in fractals there are just a few situation where you need to kill quickly a lot of adds. But to be honest not a condi build and not ranger (sadly) will handle the aoe burst. Most of the time a power ele or dh is enough for aoe clearing. You are a main single target dps, and actually on bosses and high health enemies you need that plus dps, we could skip a lot of mechanics on fractal bosses.

@horvgab.4879 said:

@Marcaum.1302 said:

I'm using BGDM, here is the link:

You need some time to get used to it, but not too difficult to use. There are good tutorials.

FYI BGDM is not supported any longer, the developer of BGDM was perma banned from the game because of some of it's features. You can read about it here: http://gw2bgdm.blogspot.com.au/p/permaban.html

I am not 100% but I think ArcDPS is the only meter that has had collaboration by the ANet devs, they have been working with the developer to ensure his build templates feature is compliant and working properly as a stop-gap measure before ANet can do it themselves.

Archived