[Suggestion] Time for Legendary Mounts? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestion] Time for Legendary Mounts?

Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 18, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Imagine having the mount equivalent of Twilight: a nocturnal animal that flies (permanently) at night. There would then also be a mount like Sunrise: able to take flight during the day but sleeps at night. Now imagine breeding the two (like Eternity) into a mount that flies at any time. You may argue that it takes away any challenge in the open world, but anyone who puts the grind into these legendary mounts — which should be harder to acquire than weapons, as they are useful rather than just cosmetic — has already done their share of arduous tasks.

Griffon was great during PoF, just like gliding was great in HoT. But I think it is now time for a mount with permanent flying. At least, for the most hardcore of players, who are already bemoaning the lack of content made for them.

Comments

• Yes to Legendary anything(epic quest) but they need to implement it without breaking functionality of current mounts. Meaning no permanent flight, but something cool would be nice.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pff can you imagine the grind if a normal mount was already such a kitten on the forum.

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

Permanent flying ruined WoW, it is the ultimate utility and the whole design will have to revolve around it.
    The griffon and the scyscale are legendary the long collections that are like crafting legendary.
    The best they could do as legendary is to add a skin tied to let say a ring since those don't have account cosmetic to them.

• Why make actual legendary mounts, if you can buy legendary mount skins with gems, thats like killing off one of their main income.

• starhunter.6015starhunter.6015 Member ✭✭✭

Yup we already got a Legendary mount that required us to track all over Tyria to acquire it is called Skyscale.

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

A second post about "legendary mount" got rejected by the community? i'm shocked

• Zahld.4956Zahld.4956 Member ✭✭

Mount with adjustable stat attributes

-AKA yes 'I Approve this pwn'

• Game of Bones.8975Game of Bones.8975 Member ✭✭✭✭

Remember the time when people were saying that mounts would ruin the game?

Now there are discussions about the "next" mount, which one is the best, and why we don't have an underwater mount yet.

"That's what" -- She

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Game of Bones.8975 said:
    Remember the time when people were saying that mounts would ruin the game?

Now there are discussions about the "next" mount, which one is the best, and why we don't have an underwater mount yet.

Its almost like anet listened to the concerns of those who where against mounts like myself. Strange how that works.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

last mount 'eat' like legendary ...welcome.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

So Gem Store skins, but ones that cost mats instead of Gold? Sure, why not?

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Jevati.4328Jevati.4328 Member ✭✭✭

People have said it already. Skyscale is the legendary mount. Also, another -1 for permaflying.

• [Suggestion] Time for Legendary Mounts?

• Dragon
    • Unique mechanics, including permanent hovering and sustained air travel
    • Costs weeks worth of farmed resources
    • Requires completion of over two dozen collections plus numerous other achievements.
    • Special graphical effects

That looks legendary to me.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Siege Turtle

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• just on top of skyscale will do the job.

• "Legendary mount" is pretty much exactly what griffon and skyscale are.

All these squares make a circle.

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    Siege Turtle

That would be an awesome skin for the Superior Siege Golems in WvW.
    (I've always wondered why ANet didn't sell skins for siege, although maybe it's performance related.)

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.