Linking GW1 and GW2 account with NEW ArenaNet Account

I have a few questions about this.

As I read it, it says you can create a new ArenaNet Account and link your GW1 account to that account and use the same login Email. It gives instructions on how to do that IFyou're new to GW2 which I am not.

I took advantage of the sale for the complete GW1 package a bit ago, but already have an ArenaNet account and have been playin GW2 since launch.

My question would be, as it states you can create a new login to span across both games, but what if I already have a login with GW2 ArenaNet account? Can I create an entirey new ArenaNet account and link both my GW1 and other GW2 (ArenaNet account) with the new Username/Display Name/ etc.? Or do I have to use my current ArenaNet account to link my GW1 account to and be stuck with this account login/username/displayname, etc.

The reason I ask, is that when reading another article on changing Displaynames that have the xxxxx.1234 number after it, it says it sometimes changing that .1234 number may cause issues with your characters on your acct.

Will this change anything with my character's ages and their eligibility for the yearly Birthday Presents?

Thanks in advance!!!

It's not as complicated as described above. If you have a GW2 account and a GW1 account, you can follow the instructions to link them together. After you're done, the GW2 account becomes the master: you'll use the same email address and password and "display name," (which for you would be @"PeerlessArch.6547").

There's no meaningful distinction for us as players between "GW2 Account" and "ArenaNet Account," at least as far as linking is concerned.

Will this change anything with my character's ages and their eligibility for the yearly Birthday Presents?No.