Mystic Forge Secrets Event ??

@"Sandzibar.5134" said:So this event got added as a way for the community to unlock some new skins by dumping stuff into the mystic toilet.Then it got pulled/removed.Why?Is it ever coming back? There's a couple of skins I'd like.

The event was to unlock recipes for new items with skins, not to directly unlock the skins, you'll have to craft the items or buy them on the TP.

These items have been unlocked:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Old_Ascalonhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/True_Mettle

@yann.1946 said:They will probably be new Mystic forge events. It probably will not be released till they have a new skin to unlock

About a dozen skins were added in the same update. There's a slim chance to get them via RNG using the newer ecto mystic stone.

Two ended up being part of the Miller events at the Mystic Forge. So they have the skins and weapons ready.

I imagine the reason we haven't gotten another one is because of Dragon Bash, the legendary upgrade event, and Four Winds. I wouldn't be surprised if one shows up tomorrow or with the following week's update.

The events weren't pulled - they were one-off events which finished when they were completed, like the World Boss Rush and similar events. It's something Anet have done occasionally since the very beginning of the game.

I think originally that was their main plan for updates, but they only did a major storyline that way once - the Lost Shores event in 2012, which was like a Living Story episode but with steps released in real time over 2 days and only playable during those two days. It was a mess for a variety of reasons (not least because putting everyone into the same map, even with overflows, caused massive lag and crashing and meant a lot of people missed out on the big finale and/or their reward for taking part). So they stopped using that idea for the story and gradually went over to longer releases and then the permanent story episodes we have now. But the game is still very much capable of doing short-term events and changes, and they still use it occasionally for things which won't have such a big impact.