Order of Shadows — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Order of Shadows

Lurana.7506Lurana.7506 Member ✭✭

Now that we are on the brink of a new story ark, one question in particular is roaming inside my head. What about the Order of Shadows? Many theories that said the Order betrays us and cannot be trusted proofed to be wrong. At least if we are arguing that they never betrayed us or turned out to be enemies. But I wonder how much they really conspired against us without us noticing. And if we ever get more information about them. The Order was built up as a future enemy throughout the PoF story. I just mention the collection in the Desolation (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Order_of_Whispers_Mission_Dispatches) and the dead Whispers agent. I think it's a bit unsatisfactory if we never hear something from them again. Especially because my main is a member of the Order of Whispers, I would like some sort of consequence for this whole built up. But now it seems like noone in the Order of Whispers cares much about their dead agent or about the things u can find out in the Desolation. What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

This might get better traction in the GW2 Lore forum? https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/lore

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

This might get better traction in the GW2 Lore forum? https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/lore

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2019

for me this arc didn't promise much, thankfully they abandoned it. Order of Shadows seems very less militarized than order of whispers, and less technologically advanced than the other orders/groups, Order of Shadows was more a "spy ring" in a strict sense. With commander becoming a 'hero of elona' with even the sunspers on his side, would become a suicidal move antagonize him, even worse, the commander was bringin more and more "alien" factions to elona, like the Pact, it will be terminating in order of shadows versus everyone............ the only way that arc can thrive was if the arc of commander's being a unifying figure in elona was dropped and the war against joko paused or extended in more chapters.

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, with Joko gone, the Order of Shadows has less to do. There seems like a lot of Elonian factions left to rebuild Elona. Maybe the OoS will show up again in the future.

• The Order of Shadows was never our ally. It used the commander to put Kossan on the throne.

From the dispatches and the overall 'support' we get it is pretty obvious they had no really strong feelings about replacing Joko, having enough power playing all sides - but when it was clear that we would not stop until Joko was down, they made sure, their man would be the winner.

• EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    The Order of Shadows was never our ally. It used the commander to put Kossan on the throne.

From the dispatches and the overall 'support' we get it is pretty obvious they had no really strong feelings about replacing Joko, having enough power playing all sides - but when it was clear that we would not stop until Joko was down, they made sure, their man would be the winner.

I absolutely love that explanation. No idea if it's correct, but the manipulation and political opportunism is awesome.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.