Idea :Capitol City Siege- New instances PvP mode

Knighthonor.4061

Inspired by the thread on the general sub forum, on the subject of pvp in the capitol cities. We'll we know Anet want to keep pvp separate from PvE. So I was thinking about a way to do this while sticking to this rule. I figured the best method to approach this would be as a brand new game mode.

New Instanced form of Pvp like SPvP but with a queue of the WvW server/Alliances.

°How it would works:

The map rotates between different Capitol cities.

Each city is split into 5 sections of security.2 lower tiers of defense, 2 mod tiers of defense and 1 main and final tier of defense.

The game mode is 50 VS 50.

Unlike WvW and SPvP, this mode will assign a team to be "either" Defense or Offense instead of both. Defense goal is to defend the city and destroy enemy's supply and reinforcement, were as the offense goal is to capture the main tier of the Capitol city.

The offense team get access to a new Mobile siege weapon and a new Siege Golem.

Defense gets access to a new ranged siege engine similar to Treb but shorter range. Shield Generator and its own unique mobile siege weapon.

Throughout the city are different structures that when captured provides access to different tools to accomplish your goals.There is an Science shop that gains access special types of experimental weapons, suck as a support healing ray gun and ranged mortar rocket launcher.Rift Shrines can be captured to revive allies nearby on a timer unlike waypoints they dont get contested.

Since this is a queued game mode, if a player leaves the instance, another player of the same WvW Server/Alliance can queue in and replace them as long as the match goes on, unlike SPvP.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Inspired by the thread on the general sub forum, on the subject of pvp in the capitol cities. We'll we know Anet want to keep pvp separate from PvE. So I was thinking about a way to do this while sticking to this rule. I figured the best method to approach this would be as a brand new game mode.

New Instanced form of Pvp like SPvP but with a queue of the WvW server/Alliances.

°How it would works:

Each city is split into 5 sections of security.2 lower tiers of defense, 2 mod tiers of defense and 1 main and final tier of defense.

Unlike WvW and SPvP, this mode will assign a team to be "either" Defense or Offense instead of both. Defense goal is to defend the city and destroy enemy's supply and reinforcement, were as the offense goal is to capture the main tier of the Capitol city.

Defense gets access to a new ranged siege engine similar to Treb but shorter range. Shield Generator and its own unique mobile siege weapon.

Throughout the city are different structures that when captured provides access to different tools to accomplish your goals.There is an Science shop that gains access special types of experimental weapons, suck as a support healing ray gun and ranged mortar rocket launcher.Rift Shrines can be captured to revive allies nearby on a timer unlike waypoints they dont get contested.

Since this is a queued game mode, if a player leaves the instance, another player of the same WvW Server/Alliance can queue in and replace them as long as the match goes on, unlike SPvP.

Nah, we need resources put into wvw so we can populate that better. Why don’t you ask for this in the spvp section where structured pvp belongs?

You can also enjoy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_of_Champion%27s_Dusk. Since it’s already made, why don’t you organize comps for it? Make stronghold popular to players and I’m sure Anet would love to invest into yet another pvp mode... while the current modes we have are struggling.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Inspired by the thread on the general sub forum, on the subject of pvp in the capitol cities. We'll we know Anet want to keep pvp separate from PvE. So I was thinking about a way to do this while sticking to this rule. I figured the best method to approach this would be as a brand new game mode.

°How it would works:

Nah, we need resources put into wvw so we can populate that better. Why don’t you ask for this in the spvp section where structured pvp belongs?

You can also enjoy
. Since it’s already made, why don’t you organize comps for it? Make stronghold popular to players and I’m sure Anet would love to invest into yet another pvp mode... while the current modes we have are struggling.

That's different idea all together Swagger.Hey Swag you say this about the resources for WvW, please make a thread detailing where and what in WvW you want the resources to go to. I want to read that.

But for this idea its different from this, in that it's a one sided offense or defense with larger than 5 players per team and sieges.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Inspired by the thread on the general sub forum, on the subject of pvp in the capitol cities. We'll we know Anet want to keep pvp separate from PvE. So I was thinking about a way to do this while sticking to this rule. I figured the best method to approach this would be as a brand new game mode.

°How it would works:

You can also enjoy
. Since it’s already made, why don’t you organize comps for it? Make stronghold popular to players and I’m sure Anet would love to invest into yet another pvp mode... while the current modes we have are struggling.

That's different idea all together Swagger.Hey Swag you say this about the resources for WvW, please make a thread detailing where and what in WvW you want the resources to go to. I want to read that.

But for this idea its different from this, in that it's a one sided offense or defense with larger than 5 players per team and sieges.

You want to add a battleground pvp mode on top of what we already have... And what we have needs the resources to get more people participating.

Eotm is dead. Thousands of complaints about wvw. Thousands of spvp complaints and it was dropped as an esport... Yet you want to take resources to make another mode while the modes we have need that effort... And yeah, let’s spread the pool of potential pvp players even more so we can have more “ded game” complaints.