Stuck on Bleed, 4th story in LWS4 Episode 6

I started LSWS4 Episode 6 last night to do the prequel to getting the Skyscale mount. I progressed up to Bleed, where I missed something and don't know how to recover. I've checked off the steps "take the Dragonsblood Spear" and "reforge the Dragonsblood Spear" and am tasked will killing branded with it to test it. The screen has plenty of branded, all highlighted in green.

The problem is I have no Dragonsblood Spear equipped. I don't see it in inventory either. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, as the quest has checked it off so I must have it somewhere.I have searched but can't find where I forged it, to look around on the ground, since once I did it I moved to the battle area. I killed a few with my regular weapons, but got no credit and did not expect to.

What am I looking for? Did I miss a step?

If I have to do Bleed over, how do I restart it? I seem stuck in the middle with no spear to fight with.

We are making headway, but not there yet. I do have it on my back, confusing myself by my regular main weapon being there too. My keys 1-5 take the skills from my equipped weapons, so I unequipped all weapons, still have the spear on my back, and have no skills 1-5 and no observable special keys. I've engaged one of the marked test subjects, and can kill them with utilities/pets/general rigmamarole, but I don't think that's what they want. No credit.

How to I equip it, or get it capable of being used?

@"Michael.9403" said:We are making headway, but not there yet. I do have it on my back, confusing myself by my regular main weapon being there too. My keys 1-5 take the skills from my equipped weapons, so I unequipped all weapons, still have the spear on my back, and have no skills 1-5 and no observable special keys. I've engaged one of the marked test subjects, and can kill them with utilities/pets/general rigmamarole, but I don't think that's what they want. No credit.

How to I equip it, or get it capable of being used?

have you see the spear icon above your health bar, use mouse chick the icon to use.

see the following video from 1:38

The part of the video around 3:00 can be "bugged" if you enter that tunnel before Taimi and Gorrik finish to speak. If you are already in that green circle when they start to talk, you won't have the spear on your special key (it happened to me a couple of times). In that case, go a bit far from the area and come back. (although from what I understand, you're stuck a bit before)

I am still stuck.
Updating my status past my last comment:

I used the video to recover the location of Zafirah and the folks who reforged the spear, but find neither a spear or a purple bucket containing a spear anywhere nearby. They will not talk to me either. I'm past that step apparently.Since I'd expected either a replacement skill 1-5 bar or a special icon when I did the step initially, I'd already looked, but thought to have another look. No Joy.

As for Urud's comment, I am glad someone else reported having the bug, as this is a simple task and one would wonder how it could be buggable. Yes, I got it a step or two before you. I have been "exploded" back to the starting area and logged for the night, and retried 2 x but no icon.

I would accept doing Bleed from the start, but don't really want to start the entire episode 6 again from scratch. How to I do this?

I think if you exit the instance and change your active story (switch to something in PoF, for instance), you should then be able to go back and continue, beginning Bleed again. You may need to actually enter the PoF instance as if to play it, but after that, you should be able to exit, then select Continue for episode 6 and be back at Bleed.

You're next step should be marked on your zone map with a green dot. If for some reason it doesn't show on the zone map, look at your minimap and somewhere on the edge of the minimap will be the green story dot, and you need to head in that direction.

A lot of times if you're not in the right place, you can't do the special action and I think this is one of those times.

@"Michael.9403" said:I am still stuck.

You need to use your Special Action key. Check your keybinds. If you have no key assigned to "Special Action", assign one and you will be able to use the spear. Note that the spear does not replace your weapon skills - it has no skills of its own, you simply throw it using the Special Action key.

I'm through the quest, and the entire series. I think Urud's answer was the solution. For sure I had the spear on my back and no special icon present, when fighting the green crossed swords targets in the green circles. I have a special icon key and it had nothing to operate on, and I'd gotten tossed back to the starting WP by the zone exploding. When I read Urud's comment, I argued to myself (wrongly) that I had been tossed far away and still didn't get the icon when I returned. However, I was working probably the closest group of targets to the starting WP, so I did an event that wound me up southwest of the starting corner. There was a green circle even farther away and when I dropped down into it, there was the special icon. 10 green targets later and that test dinged complete. Later the last Boss was dead, I wasn't, and the rest is history, as they say.

Thanks everyone for the help, and thanks to Urud's reply for having had the bug and having learned how to get rid of it.

• 2 years later...

Can this please be fixed. I'm redoing the episode with my partner. We both have the spear on our backs, but no special action key. We have completed the With the Zephyrites, reforge the Dragonblood Spear, and are up to Test the blooded spear on Branded in Dragonfall.

Still a bug in early 2022. 😞