Current state of the wvw update?

Thei.6901

Well... 3 since it was back in 2016...That meme is stale now.. most of it has already been released, reward tracks, skirmish, new skirmish rewards with easier to get ascended, legendary back piece, legendary wvw gear upgrades, links now working on alliances. Anything else you were expecting?

I feel dirty for defending mo...

Wvw overhaul was promised by Mike before HoT release which was on October 23, 2015. So yes, it's 4 years.I don't consider reward tracks, accessories and "legendary" gear overhaul. That's not the core problem and I don't play wvw for fashion wars or gold.And yes.... it's been dead silence about the alliances progress. You are going to tell me this is totally acceptable, right? :)

Again I dunno what else you were expecting, one phat giant update to completely revamp and reset the game mode and save it from it's grave? What game ever does that?

HoT gave a new map, and new automatic upgrades, and guild upgrades with tactics, even though they were probably mostly not welcomed. The apparent "overhaul" was a the giant project that had to add all that other stuff, in early 2016 when Colin Johnson left Mo took over as creative director and decided to break the project up into pieces, because apparently the delay was they kept adding stuff but nothing was getting released(sound familiar?). So in the next 2 years(april 2016 to summer 2017) we got all that stuff in pieces, and yes alliances was supposedly part of that but apparently the feedback(from streamers who barely even played the mode?) wasn't good on it so they left it to the side and went with links as an easier and faster solution to the population problem.

And if you ever read any of my post, no it's not acceptable, it's a complete and utter shame how they wasted wvw for 7 years and let it rot for so long, it's a complete and utter shame how much they don't care about balance, how much they've change the original combat concept into this boon ball corruption one shot when you get a window kitten we have to deal with today.

While it has all left a lot of disappointment in players over the years to it's lowest point right now, I'm also not going to sit here and say they did nothing at all, even if it took years for them to do what little they added. Reward tracks, skirmish, ascended rewards, legendary upgrades, all helped the mode immensely even if you only personally see it as insignificant.