Greetings fellow Tyrians,
We've been thinking about implementing the following changes and wanted to share them with you to hear your thoughts and feedback. We’re aiming to bring into line some of the more dominant builds and compositions of the current WvW meta so that new options can be brought to the table, so the bulk of the changes shared here are WvW-centric. This is not the full list of changes that are being considered for the next balance update.
This is not a call for general profession feedback. Here are a few questions to think about while looking over the potential changes:
- Would your gameplay change as a result?
- Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?
- Are you looking forward to these potential changes?
- What are your concerns with this set of changes?
- What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?
With those types of questions in mind here's some of what we're looking at.
- Chemical Field: This skill is replaced by Detection Pulse (from the old Sneak Gyro elite toolbelt) as the toolbelt skill for Purge Gyro.
- Purge Gyro: Reduce the number of cleansing pulses from 5 to 3 in WvW.
- Sneak Gyro: Increase the cooldown of this ability from 45 to 75 seconds in WvW.
- Sanctuary: Increase number of enemies that can be knocked back by this skill from 10 to 20 before it expires.
- Tome of Resolve, Chapter 2 - Radiant Recovery: The existing split from PvP of cleansing 2 conditions is brought to WvW as well. This ability would continue to cleanse 3 conditions in PvE.
- Tome of Courage, Chapter 2 - Daring Challenge: This skill grants retaliation for 3 seconds instead of aegis.
- Tome of Courage, Chapter 5 - Unbroken Lines: This skill no longer grants aegis or retaliation.
- Illusion of Life: Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW.
- Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
- Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
- Chaos Storm: This skill now always dazes on the first strike but can no longer randomly daze on other strikes. This change also applies to Lesser Chaos Storm. Added skill fact to show chaos storm's duration.
- Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.
- Feast of Corruption: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.
- Devouring Darkness: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.
- Sand Cascade: Reduce the barrier granted by this skill by 33% in WvW & PvP.
- Sand Flare: Reduced the barrier granted by this skill by 25% in WvW.
- Long Range Shot: Reduce the damage range of this skill from 0.7-0.9 to 0.65-0.75 in WvW only.
- Coalescence of Ruin: This skill would no longer deals increased damage with successive impacts; instead it deals damage equal to what was previously the middle impact damage. Damage remains split between game modes. A red warning rectangle visible to enemies has been added to this skill.
- Gaze of Darkness: This skill would reveal stealthed enemies up to 600 range away in addition to striking enemies within its 360 radius.
- Charge: This skill would only removes movement impairing conditions and then increases the damage of affected allies' next 2 attacks by 25% in addition to its previous effects. Increase swiftness duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. This skill becomes a blast finisher.
- Call to Arms: Removes 3 conditions from affected allies instead of specific conditions. Grants barrier in addition to vigor.
- Sight Beyond Sight: Increase the radius of this ability to reveal hidden enemies up to 600 range away.
- Quick Breathing: Thinking of kicking re-working it a bit to pair with the warhorn skill changes so they feel more cohesive. Continues to increase number of targets for warhorn skills from 5 to 10 and causes warhorn skills to grant an additional boon instead of reducing the cooldown (Fury for Charge and Resistance for Call to Arms). Grant +120 Concentration.
We look forward to seeing your thoughts and feedback!
GW2 Systems Team