Champion Rush Community Goal bar...

Some folks were talking about it in map chat in Divinity's Reach, and one player said that he'd seen the progress bar go BACKWARDS from about a third full to about half that, overnight. That made me wonder if it actually went UP from a third of first tier to a little into second tier, but the community achievement didn't activate due to a bug?

Theories I've heard are: players aren't turning in their champion marks; players ARE turning in their champion marks but the community progress is bugged; or too few players are participating.

I'm rather in favor of the last theory, since I myself have no interest in participating in this nonsense for a few mats that I could either farm up in far less time or buy for cheap.

@JeffJeth.9518 said:Some folks were talking about it in map chat in Divinity's Reach, and one player said that he'd seen the progress bar go BACKWARDS from about a third full to about half that, overnight. That made me wonder if it actually went UP from a third of first tier to a little into second tier, but the community achievement didn't activate due to a bug?

Theories I've heard are: players aren't turning in their champion marks; players ARE turning in their champion marks but the community progress is bugged; or too few players are participating.

I'm rather in favor of the last theory, since I myself have no interest in participating in this nonsense for a few mats that I could either farm up in far less time or buy for cheap.

It seems like the bar isn't properly synchronizing and it's only showing the current instance's progress on the event. I've never seen it above 5%, and it being lower today with people being discouraged after the bar seemed to go backwards is compatible with this hypothesis.

I've always assumed the bars for these things are on a timer, designed to progress steadily during the event (maybe with faster progress during peak times) and possibly with the option for Anet to manually update it if they want - and that's why it doesn't show actual numbers.

But everyone except me seems certain that's not the case, and if it was I don't think we'd see weird behaviour like this from it, so I guess that's just me being cynical. But even if it is really tracking player activity I'm surprised there's problems with this one when we've had several of these events before and as far as I'm aware the only problem with the progress bar has been it moving too slowly to be noticeable.

When I logged out last night, it was significantly more filled than it was when I logged back in earlier today. So I am unsure if the tier was passed (as there is no tier information with the bar like there usually is) and we just didn't get the reward yet, or if it is bugged. I do know that I joined a 'champ train' group for about 30 mins today and the commander had a stack of over 200 marks, and said he was gathering a full stack (250) before turning in, and several others in the group posted theirs, which ranged from 30ish to 140ish. So people are hoarding them, but that still doesn't explain the regression on the bar.

@Danikat.8537 said:I've always assumed the bars for these things are on a timer, designed to progress steadily during the event (maybe with faster progress during peak times) and possibly with the option for Anet to manually update it if they want - and that's why it doesn't show actual numbers.

But everyone except me seems certain that's not the case, and if it was I don't think we'd see weird behaviour like this from it, so I guess that's just me being cynical. But even if it is really tracking player activity I'm surprised there's problems with this one when we've had several of these events before and as far as I'm aware the only problem with the progress bar has been it moving too slowly to be noticeable.

Except the time, last or one before, when it stalled but gave the Tier 4 rewards, anyway.

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:We're on it.

That's false.The event community goals indeed show "complete" now, but the rewards are nowhere to be seen. At least for me.I've done all dailies in the first 2 days and today. And yes, turned in all champion marks in LA at the vendor npc.0 rewards. 0 of the "community tier" achievements triggered.I suppose if this isn't a widespread enough EXTRA bug I can say goodbye to the rewards lol.

EDIT: Ok nevermind, just reread and noticed it says "once the event is over". I take it that means the rewards will be distributed at the end. If that's the case then all good. We'll see how it goes.

Nice, thank you for the update. Really appreciate these community events. I hope these bugs aren't going to sway Anet away from venturing out and trying new things again. You have a mass of loyal players hungry for more stuff that brings players together like these events. Please more! <3

@Gaesesagai.9421 said:

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

That's false.The event community goals indeed show "complete" now, but the rewards are nowhere to be seen. At least for me.I've done all dailies in the first 2 days and today. And yes, turned in all champion marks in LA at the vendor npc.0 rewards. 0 of the "community tier" achievements triggered.I suppose if this isn't a widespread enough EXTRA bug I can say goodbye to the rewards lol.

EDIT: Ok nevermind, just reread and noticed it says "once the event is over". I take it that means the rewards will be distributed at the end. If that's the case then all good. We'll see how it goes.

Were do you turn them in I got 80 and dubble clicking dont show me the vendor anymore

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

Were do you turn them in I got 80 and dubble clicking dont show me the vendor anymore

There's one in Lion's Arch, next to the activity NPC under the big glass dome. I think there's others too but that's the first one I found so I've just been going there.