You can enter/exit beastmode mid channel but your pet cannot. Here are some tips to manage the AI

Daniel Handler.4816

I'm sure most of you know this. But for those who don't. Melding and unmelding with your pet does not cancel player abilities. Including ones cast from beastmode. There is a 1.5s cd before you can leave the mode. So fill the time. Enter soulbeast while channeling barrage, leave it while casting spiritual reprieve, etc. But be careful to not interrupt your pet.

• When off cooldown, pets use skill 3 then 4 after pet swaps, and they use skill 4 then 3 after unmelding.
  • Entering beastmode, or using your pet's beast ability (f2) will interrupt their 3 or 4 skill unless you queue before the ai.
  • skills like call lightning and smoke assault hit for a lot, moving them down in the queue is a major dps loss.

The first method is to enter beastmode or use a pet's beast ability immediately after swapping or using a pet's beast ability

• Ex. swap to smokescale + enter beastmode > smoke assault (f2) > takedown (f1) + leave beastmode > takedown (pet) > smoke assault (pet)
  • Ex. swap to jacaranda > jacaranda's embrace (f2) > call lightning (pet)

The second method is to pause the queue by using the return to me command (f3) + enter beast mode

• Ex. swap to smokescale > smoke cloud (f2) > f3 + enter beastmode > smoke assault (f2) > worldly impact (f3)+ leave beastmode > takedown (pet) > smoke assault (pet)
  • Ex. swap to jacaranda > jacaranda's embrace (f2) > f3 + enter beastmode > call lightning (f1) > leave beastmode > call lightning (pet)

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:why would you leave Beastmode during Spiritual Reprieve? woulkdnt you then lose the 25% increased healing from being in Beastmode? or does it carry over?

The 25% is for allies. If you are just trying to heal yourself, you don't need to spend that second in beastmode. The faster you leave beastmode the faster you can reenter.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Can you meld smoke assault, un-meld, F3 (to cancel the smoke scale kd) and then F1 to trigger smoke assault?

If it works and you did it fast the smoke assaults would overlap a little.

I haven't tested it. But from I know so far, I would assume yes.

F3 > F1 resets the pet to the same state as after swap.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:why would you leave Beastmode during Spiritual Reprieve? woulkdnt you then lose the 25% increased healing from being in Beastmode? or does it carry over?

The 25% is for allies. If you are just trying to heal yourself, you don't need to spend that second in beastmode. The faster you leave beastmode the faster you can reenter.

You are extremely mistaken.

The 25% healing efficiency is for you and anything else, it is not the same as ''outgoing healing'' which only affects others than you.

The 25% affects you when melded with a supportive pet, resulting in incredible healing numbers from all sources. Including Regeneration, Natural Healing, Signet of Renewal, Sigils, Runes, Rugged growth, everything

That means that spiritual reprieve, with 0 healing power, heals you for a whopping 5293 health when melded.

You can also cast healing skills and meld while it is still channeling to benefit from the 25% bonus efficiency.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:As mentioned the healing affects YOU as well. Why do people not know this!? Its AWESOME, all healing is increased i was getting 6.2k+ healing from Bear stance base heal when i was running NO healing Power.

I just checked. You are correct. And I believe I've discovered the confusion. Natural healing has a tooltip error.

The healing coefficient is .06 for the pet, but .315 for the player.With 1200 healing power, and a supportive pet, you can get ticks that are 231% stronger than what the pet receives.

To reanswer your question from before, it depends on your priorities. I've give you two examples. Both with a brown bear, and Unstoppable Union (the trait stunbreak on entering beastmode)

1. A condi spec loads you with conditions and then ccs you. Your priority is to cleanse.
    • enter beastmode > cast spiritual reprieve > bear stance + leave beastmode> shake it off
  2. A power spec stuns you to deliver their burst. Your priority is to defy pain.
    • enter beastmode > cast defy pain > cast spiritual reprieve + leave beastmode

Both combos may overheal or underheal but they maximize a potential stunbreak.

Of course if you are about to die you may want to camp supportive beastmode while you heal up. But it isn't the definitive playstyle.

Yeah the 25% increased healing can be really useful. The problem is the spiritual reprieve heal. It has too long of a cast time to make it really that effective against condition builds as if you are riddled with conditions, that near 2second cast for the heal will eat all the healing that you would get from the conditions that you are riddled with. The Resistance could be useful though.

Natural healing also doesnt show up in the combat log as well, which is something else some people didnt know affects the Ranger when in Beastmode, i was getting 500 healing every 3 seconds in Beastmode with 0 healing power and the support pet. So you think the Bear is the best support pet? I have been running the Jacaranda msyelf. The 900 range root can be very useful and it comes with 2 heals inside Beastmode 1 removes 2 conditions the other grants resistance plus it for a support pet deals nice damage

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Yeah the 25% increased healing can be really useful. The problem is the spiritual reprieve heal. It has too long of a cast time to make it really that effective against condition builds as if you are riddled with conditions, that near 2second cast for the heal will eat all the healing that you would get from the conditions that you are riddled with. The Resistance could be useful though.

For brevity, Spiritual Reprieve is SR, and Bear Stance is BS.

The scenario was being loaded with conditions and then cced. SR is very vulnerable to interrupt. When a condi thief had headshot up, I might be able to sneak a BS. But my best chance to cast SR is with quickness on pet swap + using beastmode to break the third headshot.

The resistance is incredibly useful.Here is an example using BS>SR vs SR>BS The parentheses show where resistance starts and stops.

Option 1: BS > SR= .75s of condi damage > BS > 1s of condi damage + 1 tick of BS > .5s of condi damage > SR >( 3 ticks of BS > .5s of resistance)

• 2.25s of condi damage, both heals, and 1 tick of BS are not covered by resistance.
  • depending on traits, you cleanse 0-2 before the first tick, and 2-4 before SR.
  • only the last 3 ticks are covered by resistance

Option 2: SR > BS = 1.5s of condi damage > SR > ( BS > 2 ticks BS >.25s of resistance)> .75s of condi damage + 1 tick of BS > 1s of condi damage + 1 tick of BS

• 3.25s of condi damage and SR are not covered by resistance
  • depending on traits, you cleanse 4-6 before the last two ticks
  • BS and the first 2 ticks are covered by resistance

Option 2 is much better.

• It has an extra second because BS can tick during the casting of SR but not itself. But this is not a detriment.
  • it is extremely resistant to poison. the majority of the heals come under resistance, or after multiple cleanses, including its extra tick.
  • BS is too strong for you let it be decreased by poison. It surpasses SR in supportive beast mode if it removes 1 condition, or if it removes 3 outside

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Natural healing also doesnt show up in the combat log as well, which is something else some people didnt know affects the Ranger when in Beastmode, i was getting 500 healing every 3 seconds in Beastmode with 0 healing power and the support pet. So you think the Bear is the best support pet? I have been running the Jacaranda msyelf. The 900 range root can be very useful and it comes with 2 heals inside Beastmode 1 removes 2 conditions the other grants resistance plus it for a support pet deals nice damage

I use Jacaranda. Brown bear is a dps loss. I've tried to go glass and absorb tanky/supportive pets, but its easier to go menders and use damage pets.

Archived