Mastery Popup will not go away - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mastery Popup will not go away

2>

Comments

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Xenrithious Lanzius.3598 said:

@Gorkus.7496 said:

It wouldn't shock me that the solution was to throw money at the game and forcing people to buy both expansions. That would explain why they are so reluctant to fix an annoyance that is easily addressed.

I just played for the first time since I bought both expansions, played since launch, lvl 80 forever, had this annoying pop up the entire 10 mins I tried playing in the silverwastes: POP UP (trying to fight) POP UP (almost died) POP UP CLICK WHAT??? WHAT DO YOU WANTT?? YOU SAY NOTHING IDK WHAT YOUR FOR ex's out POP UP rq submit ticket

Its that your experience is stuck and you need to play first mission in hot or pof to unlock gaining core tyria xp again.

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

now you all are starting to see what anoys me the most about the new games and the bigist issue is that they dont fix stuff for far to long. I am at a point i just quit becouse of the bugs that are not geting touched for over 5 years.

• Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭
    edited July 11, 2019

After I leveled up my first character to level 80 the natural way and went on exploring and doing things in parallel to the personal story, the popup started to harass me to the point I had to google the issue to find this forum thread. I abandoned the personal story and jumped into the expansion, and I don't feel like going back to part 8. Do I miss a lot if I skip the rest of it?

If I understand the problem correctly, the only way to avoid the problem is to rush through part 8 as soon as one reaches level 80 - no crafting, no dungeons, no exploration, no events, no renown hearts, no bosses, no festival, just the story, hoping the experience bar won't reach the max until the last episode is over. This thread does not belong in the bug report forum, rather in a hypothetical "broken design" forum. Had I not found this thread, I may have quit playing.

• This is kitten me off too. I own the kitten expansions, just got back to kitten game, get on my L80 character and see this all the kitten time while I'm just trying to kitten complete the kitten story quest.

kitten fix it for kitten's kitten sake. I own the kitten expansions, and still get this constant kitten reminder. Now I remember why I left game in first place - feels too much like a nasty asian f2p game >.<

• This is truly really annoying.

• I'm not quite sure if this post changes anything (actually I think it does NOT since this bug is being reported for more than 2 years now...) anyways - yes, it is extremly annoying. Just reached lvl 80 with my char and I'm about to defend Lion's Arch.

Now I will move to Maguuma and pop somewhere/anywhere into a point of the story I don't know anything about. What an amazing self-spoil-force. Don't like it, really thumbs down. Can't be that hard to fix this stupid little (and still so annoying) popup , can it?

• I have both expansions and I now regret buying them because of this infuriating bug.

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

Why do people even use the level 80 boost, if they want to do the main story first? You're getting downleveled anyway in the maps. So... just get experience from the story missions.

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• @Nokomis.5076 said:
    Why do people even use the level 80 boost, if they want to do the main story first? You're getting downleveled anyway in the maps. So... just get experience from the story missions.

I never used the boost, still got the popup issue - see my July 10 post that details the situation.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.