Just stop..

tsm.9623

Care to elaborate on what was nerfed?I took the last year off, playing some other games, and compared to where it was this time last year, I'm pretty happy with it. It feels like they are finally working on bringing back some build diversity, which we sorely needed.Also, I really don't understand peoples hate for Deadeye. Between M7 and Payback, it has some great sustain that core and DD just cant seem to match.Edit: Wait, this isn't about Dagger mainhand getting nerfed, is it? Dude that thing has had it coming. Been the default face roll weapon of the class since launch, serving as both a dps and condi option.

D/P has a lot of utility through a on demand interrupt and smoke field. That alone made it a good option even without considering it has great damage.

Now that it has less damage on autoattack I’m surprised there weren’t more calls to buff Heartseeker as a clear way to boost damage on Dagger/X.

And I still see (as of a day ago) core thief players doing really good spike damage with Dagger. So it’s not weak so much as now it has competitors for damage/utility overall.

@"tsm.9623" said:I refuse to play the new tree and god help me if I have to resort to deadeye.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the elite specs. Daredevil lets you fight on point without so much reliance on stealth and it makes interrupt builds and weaponsents like s/p viable with pulmonary impact. Deadeye adds long range spike damage to the profession and can be a might and fury bot through Fire for Effect. On top of that, sheer amount of self buffing through mark spam and traits allows you to take more tanky stats. This is the build I use for pve/wvw and it works spectacularly for most situations.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAQxrlVwgYXMJGJO8XnvKA-zVRYDhJG14hoSFIdA-w

@saerni.2584 said:D/P has a lot of utility through a on demand interrupt and smoke field. That alone made it a good option even without considering it has great damage.

Now that it has less damage on autoattack I’m surprised there weren’t more calls to buff Heartseeker as a clear way to boost damage on Dagger/X.

And I still see (as of a day ago) core thief players doing really good spike damage with Dagger. So it’s not weak so much as now it has competitors for damage/utility overall.

It's really mostly just that D/P only works effectively in situations where the burst and utility it provides and can't be absorbed/ignored.

With spammed resistance/stability, barrier added to the game to negate incoming burst, and AoE block uptime from FB as a whole, and S/D aggressively countering FB as a whole, D/P is only weak into the current state of the game since burst and control don't really do anything.

Thief isn't weak so much as the other professions and boon access is busted. As soon as thief is buffed to deal with stuff like blocks, barrier, etc., it becomes absurdly OP into anything that isn't broken.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@saerni.2584 said:D/P has a lot of utility through a on demand interrupt and smoke field. That alone made it a good option even without considering it has great damage.

It's really mostly just that D/P only works effectively in situations where the burst and utility it provides and can't be absorbed/ignored.

With spammed resistance/stability, barrier added to the game to negate incoming burst, and AoE block uptime from FB as a whole, and S/D aggressively countering FB as a whole, D/P is only weak into the current state of the game since burst and control don't really do anything.

Thief isn't weak so much as the other professions and boon access is busted. As soon as thief is buffed to deal with stuff like blocks, barrier, etc., it becomes absurdly OP into anything that isn't broken.

All good points.

There are quite a few builds ranging from decent to quite good, and even great. But you would not necessarily play them like how you used to play similar builds a few years back. Over the years rotation changed, as well as how you approach certain fights.

To be honest, many thieves are doing quite good/decent at the moment. Thief appears decently balanced, but some other professions, due to their inherent mechanics are "breaking" thieves or certain PvP encounters.

My biggest issue however lies in the fact that people tend not to adapt enough their build choices in front of new strong threats.The super bunker scrapper we had before last patch could actually easily be taken down by CC oriented build, especially those with lockdown-style.The new holy warlock (DH-burn) is quite strong but lack serious anti-condi traits/skills, and therefore any condi thief can swiftly deal with it.

That's not OP's case, but I find it silly when players complain too much about the condi meta while most professions have many condi cleanses and other tricks... But yet are not being used because players do not want to sacrifice damage for survivability.Of course, that trade off is bad for certain profession/builds, but there are usually ways around any of the most annoying profession.