most boring meta ever, change my mind

Deni.7865

@rowdy.5107 said:If you play meta in pvp. You are going to have a very hard time keeping up with everybody else that actually understands their class, all the traits and skills in their class and the different builds they use to counter cookie cutter meta builds.

LOL. Is this a joke? You understand that meta builds are meta cuz for a reason. Like the meta SB builds runs SB/strength/discipline with GS/dagger and shield. If you do a minor deviation you will be fine, but if you decide to drop a line or drop GS or a major trait (like might makes right), the build no longer works. Period.

As for OP and this thread, since the beginning of this year:

Core guardian removed from the meta.Mirage removed from the meta.Power chrono removed from the meta.Scrapper became meta, then removed.DE removed from the meta.Weaver would probably be the only build that has became meta since the beginning of the year, though it always was strongly viable.

It seems Anet solution for class balance is to leave only 6-7 competitive builds, so they have to work less to balance shit in the future. There is a good reason why sPvP population has been in a major decline.

Definitely up there in the worst.

When it comes to most boring I think that goes to the bunker Meta on PoF's release when Firebrand/Scourge were incredibly strong and untouched by any nerfs, and when Spellbreaker was the uncontested best side-noder. Like, at least now you can actually kill something. Back then the first mid-fights and battling a Spellbreaker off a node could take almost a quarter of a match, and it's part of the reason any hope of competitive Esports for this game died.

@otto.5684 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:If you play meta in pvp. You are going to have a very hard time keeping up with everybody else that actually understands their class, all the traits and skills in their class and the different builds they use to counter cookie cutter meta builds.

LOL. Is this a joke? You understand that meta builds are meta cuz for a reason. Like the meta SB builds runs SB/strength/discipline with GS/dagger and shield. If you do a minor deviation you will be fine, but if you decide to drop a line or drop GS or a major trait (like might makes right), the build no longer works. Period.

Core guardian removed from the meta.Mirage removed from the meta.Power chrono removed from the meta.Scrapper became meta, then removed.DE removed from the meta.Weaver would probably be the only build that has became meta since the beginning of the year, though it always was strongly viable.

It seems Anet solution for class balance is to leave only 6-7 competitive builds, so they have to work less to balance kitten in the future. There is a good reason why sPvP population has been in a major decline.

those builds were created by people who understand thier class... Most likely suited for ATs or other 5 man premades.

Meta is boring cause there are professions at the top that have been there for far too long. As mentioned before, a lot of classes got nerfed/removed from the meta and PvP is more interesting because of it. Support Firebrand and Holo need fine tuning. Affecting those two classes will change the meta and bring about a whole new slew of builds.

I would also vote for scourge fine tuning but they melt pretty fast under the right kind of pressure, so I'll decline.

I actually kind of enjoyed my first games this season. Quite some build variety, nothing too dominating as long as teams adapt to team compositions (like they have fb+scourge - try sides. They have thief, we don't - don't try far. Generally speaking).

Yes, the meta didn't really change, a couple of classes are still meta after years, but it's less opressive than it used to be. I think. So far.

@Megametzler.5729 said:I actually kind of enjoyed my first games this season. Quite some build variety, nothing too dominating as long as teams adapt to team compositions (like they have fb+scourge - try sides. They have thief, we don't - don't try far. Generally speaking).

Yes, the meta didn't really change, a couple of classes are still meta after years, but it's less opressive than it used to be. I think. So far.

Nerf crys to any builds not the meta norm than same people whine that the meta never changes lmao welcome to gw2 :)

@otto.5684 said:

It seems Anet solution for class balance is to leave only 6-7 competitive builds, so they have to work less to balance kitten in the future. There is a good reason why sPvP population has been in a major decline.

I guess you are new. I understand.. As a very quick refrence, you can check out literally every single gw2 pvp content creator on YT and in their guides they even say to steer clear of meta builds in pvp. Understand the class and build off of your strong points. Why? because using meta exposes you. Everybody will already know your build and can easily counter it. For example: For the longest time everybody used cookie cutter D/P thief meta builds. After awhile, they were getting splattered all over the field. You already knew how X had his build before the match even started. So that thief was already beaten before he took one step onto the field.Its common sense..Meta is great for people wanting to learn the basics of a class. But if you want to actually climb the Pvp ladder, you are gonna need an Ace in your build. Something or a style that catches your enemy off guard.

@rowdy.5107 said:

I guess you are new. I understand.. As a very quick refrence, you can check out literally every single gw2 pvp content creator on YT and in their guides they even say to steer clear of meta builds in pvp. Understand the class and build off of your strong points. Why? because using meta exposes you. Everybody will already know your build and can easily counter it. For example: For the longest time everybody used cookie cutter D/P thief meta builds. After awhile, they were getting splattered all over the field. You already knew how X had his build before the match even started. So that thief was already beaten before he took one step onto the field.Its common sense..Meta is great for people wanting to learn the basics of a class. But if you want to actually climb the Pvp ladder, you are gonna need an Ace in your build. Something or a style that catches your enemy off guard.

Umm I don't want to cause any issues here but meta builds are predominantly used in pvp comp because they've been tested and built through the testing to allow the player to deal with and counter the other competitive builds being used at the time. That is not to say that the known meta builds arnt out of date after any recent changes.

Don't get me wrong. Meta builds help people learn a job. But if Anet wanted people to only play meta builds, they would only have 3 skill tracks and a handful of sigils and amulets instead of a bunch of different options.I highly encourage everybody to use meta. It makes my job killing you easier :P

@rowdy.5107 said:

1. I am not new. I have been playing GW2 for years, particularly sPvP with guardian.
  2. As other mentioned, the meta became meta the meta cuz thousands of highly skilled players tested things and know what works and what does not. I test different builds and setups with guardian all the time. In fact, here is some insight on guardian, that you will not find on meta battle. Best solo que build is sage FB. While not popular (in other words not meta), DH is on the edge of becoming competitive. And I anticipate that in 2-3 month (probably paired with another slight buff next patch and possible nerfs to some out performing stuff) will be become popular. You want surprise your opponents and play, lets say hammer. Cool, do that. You will probably beat the crap out of these gold players, but will be demolished in P2 and above. There is no viability to hammer no matter what you do.
  3. WTF makes you think you will surprise me if you ran sword/shield instead of sword/sword on herald? You will just suck, against skilled opponents, cuz the defensive skills offered shield do not hold a candle to the offensive power. Use this analogy for any class, any build and any weapon.
  4. Also, WTF makes you think that I do not how the rev shield operates? Not only I played every class and every weapon, on top of my head I roughly know every skill in the game, what it does and can estimate its damage and when an opponent will use it. I do not win every fight and do make mistakes. But if you think that you using weapon A instead of B will surprise. No, it won't. Same goes for anyone with more than a year or so of experience.

Bottom line is, do you want to play a non-meta build? By all means. Do they work? If you are highly experienced, with highly synergistic build, you can definitely make it work, to a point. I easily took core guardian zeal/valor/radiance to P2, right after RI nerf. But it plateaued right there. You cannot take any further beyond this point cuz it lacks the necessary tools to do so. And at this point why even bother, when sage and support FB (the meta builds) have the tools to go all the way to legendary. You can sit here and dance around this all day long, but core zeal guardian (or any core guardian build) is not viable at the top of the competition. Same goes for vast majority of builds, skills and weapons.

And you know what is the bigger issue, you are indirectly defending Anet doing shitty work. The fact that we have less than 10 viable build scattered amount 8 classes (mesmer not included) is a serious concern. There is a good reason why sPvP population has been in steady decline. Lack of diversity.

AND YOU MAY ASK YOURSELFHOW DO I PLAY THIS?AND YOU MAY ASK YOURSELFWHERE IS THAT DYNAMIC COMBAT?AND YOU MAY TELL YOURSELFTHIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL CLASSAND YOU MAY TELL YOURSELFTHIS IS NO SEQUEL TO GW1

LETTING THE DAYS GO BYLET THE META HOLD ME DOWNLETTING THE DAYS GO BYBALANCE PATCHES CYCLE ROUNDINTO THE CODE AGAINAFTER THE DEVS HAVE QUITONCE IN A LIFETIMEBALANCE PATCHES CYCLE ROUND

SAME AS IT EVER WAS SAME AS IT EVER WASSAME AS IT EVER WAS SAME AS IT EVER WASSAME AS IT EVER WAS SAME AS IT EVER WASSAME AS IT EVER WAS SAME AS IT EVER WAS