Guide: How to Upload & Post your own images on these Forums - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Guide: How to Upload & Post your own images on these Forums

2>

Comments

• ye put .jpg at the end worked in the img box lel on bb code it used to be [img]postedimage[/img]

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

The person who wrote this guide should clarify that the actual image (with an image prefix like .jpg, .png) needs to be linked directly. Apparently, many people don't get this and link the page it is on instead.

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

So, I am trying this with my own domain... looks like I have to use imgur? I really don't want make an account at another stray site. Never heard of it, that is why I have my own domain. I self host everything.
    I am using this format, from the OP: ![This describes my Image](URL GOES HERE) Using the direct link to a pic, still just get the red link instead of the pic. And the description text is not there, either. Is that the right format?

Untitled-1.jpg format ![This describes my Image](URL GOES HERE)

[img]https://titotim.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Untitled-1.jpg[/img]
    format [img]postedimage[/img]

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

@Tukaram.8256 said:
    So, I am trying this with my own domain... looks like I have to use imgur? I really don't want make an account at another stray site. Never heard of it, that is why I have my own domain. I self host everything.
    I am using this format, from the OP: ![This describes my Image](URL GOES HERE) Using the direct link to a pic, still just get the red link instead of the pic. And the description text is not there, either. Is that the right format?

Try putting the link in your image maker box (top right, has an icon like a mountain scene with a downward pointing arrowhead beside it) then accept the link (it might require imgur).

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:

Try putting the link in your image maker box (top right, has an icon like a mountain scene with a downward pointing arrowhead beside it) then accept the link (it might require imgur).

Yeah, it seems to need Imgur. I am not signing up for another random site, there are too many already ha ha. I do not need to share pics on this one forum that much. Even my rinky-dink forum has the ability to allow pic uploads... :)