Chances are you will want to post images on these forums. Players typically post images here for several reasons: Show off your awesome customization, show screenshots of a bug, show screenshots of a problem, etc. Your Problem is that you just don't know how...
To start, you want to have an image. That image can either be a .jpg, .png, .bmp, or even .gif (depending on what it is and what it is for). The image is more often than not located somewhere on your computer or some device and you need to make it a bit more public and accessible. The following way will hopefully teach you...
Note: You don't have to use , but the process would be similar anywhere as long as you can get the URL to the image directly. I just recommend it highly because of how easy it is to use and how trusted it is all over the internet.
Disclaimer: Make sure you follow the forum guidelines for wherever your image is soon to be viewed.
How to Upload & Post your own images on these Forums using
- On the page, find where it says 'New Post' (should be at the top of the page)
- You should see this popup:
- If uploading from your computer or device: Simply click Browse, search for the image on your system, and select it. Alternatively you can enter a URL to the image if it is elsewhere (even other sites).
- Imgur will then automagically upload your image and you will then be taken to your uploaded image.
- DO NOT click Share to Community when the image gets uploaded, this just shares it within the Imgur community for everyone to see. You want to just share the link to specific places (like here)
- Optional: Create an account on . It is free and allows you easy access to what you uploaded.
Direct link to the image:
- Right click the image and select 'Copy Image Location'
- Markdown - Hover over the image and click the arrow icon at the top right of the image to open up a menu that provides you share links. You want to copy the link that is provided under: Markdown (Reddit)
Using the Direct Link :
- If you did the step to 'Copy Image Location', simply paste the link (URL) in the thread so people can click on it and see. Or click the little image icon at the top of your post/reply creation and paste the link in there. Looks like this:
- Markdown - To link your image within readable text, you format like so (brackets/parenthesis included): ![This describes my Image](URL GOES HERE)
- When all that is done, click 'Preview' at the bottom of the text-insertion area and see if your images are shown. If they are, you successfully did it. If they are not, go back and try again or leave a reply and I'll fix the guide if necessary.
Keep in mind: There are other image uploading sites as well and most have similar ways of uploading images, but this has yet to disappoint me long term. Again, I recommend it highly because of how easy it is to use and how trusted it is all over the internet. Alternatively, if the image is already on the internet, you can just copy the link and do the same steps under Direct Link.
Good luck and make sure you follow the forum guidelines for wherever your image is soon to be viewed.
All my alts are just storage for my Engi.