Guild Wars 2 disconnects my internet connection

After opening Guild Wars 2, my internet disconnects/shuts off. Internet disonnects either right after opening Guild Wars 2 or 1-10 minutes after loading in and playing.

Its only with Guild Wars 2.

Anyone else having this issue?

Things I've tried:

• Turned off/turned on router after 30 seconds
  • Reset router
  • Repaired/Reinstalled network drivers
  • Used -Repair parameters in client target
  • Flushed DNS
  • Renewed DNS
  • Released DNS
  • Removed overclocks in BIOS
  • Used multiple different SSDs
  • Reduced polling rate on mouse
  • Rebooted PC
  • Used Google DNS 8888/8844
  • Tried running in compatibility mode
  • Tried running with administrator privledges
  • Disabled Firewall
  • Disabled Antivirus
  • Forwarded Ports

I'm running OC'd Ryzen 1600 4.0 ghz @ 1.3v, OC'd GTX 1060 to 1070 base clocks @ +90v offset, OC'd Corsair Vengeance 3400mhz CL 14 ram

I've been playing for 8 years and this is the first time this has happened. o: halp pls

I get different error codes.

https://gyazo.com/9f2fcee3a95f5cf773fe2810ea90167fhttps://gyazo.com/8c04d92e4777db8038fcd49114fb1586

Calling my ISP tomorrow. If nothing works, I'll buy a new adapter and test.

If your internet actually shuts off, as in no other devices on your network can use the internet, then either your router or modem failed, or your ISP caused it.

If it's limited to only your computer, where no program can access the internet, then it's either your network adapter / drivers having problems, or caused by software.

If it's limited to only GW2, where no other connections are interrupted when GW2 disconnects, then the route between you and the servers is probably just having problems and it should fix itself eventually, or alternatively you could use a VPN to take a detour.

• 4 years later...

I have the same problem. I have my kidoz on the same network, with their own pc. We are all connected with ethernet cables.

They play GW2 through steam and me with my original account (with the launcher)

When playing with them, I'm the only one that get totally disconnected from internet while they keep playing.

It happens, 1 or 2 times per hours. I checked EVERYTHING about my Asus Router, since it only happens with GW2 it's highly suspicious.

Anyone understood the issue ?

Edited by altminus.4032
  • Like 1