Rev. Support/healer in PVE .. viable or not?

lagrimabendita.8763

In Raids, its current role is only a hand kiter on Deimos. However with the new specs, you could run a Rev healer alongside a druid and take a quickness FB instead of a second mesmer (though you would lose some distortion). Essentially, it has a possibility of being more desired in Raids though still not meta.

You can run it in dungeons/fractals but it's not something anyone will ever ask for.

It depends on how strict the group you're on is. If they're for absolutely peak tryhard meta you won't find a place. But for a casual group, a healing rev is one of the better healing classes.

1: It does a surprising amount of damage for a healing spec.
2: Supplementary alacrity is good.3: It can save energy for massive burst healing, and it is more than capable of healing an entire group4: Excellent CC5: Unique buffs in stuff like Assassin's Presence and Facet of Nature6: Good at projectile management.7: Can supplement the group with most basic boons.

The only problem with it is that it can't carry too well. New players and bad players tend to flail around randomly like the sky is falling, and the healing rev is best at anchoring to a point.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:It depends on how strict the group you're on is. If they're for absolutely peak tryhard meta you won't find a place. But for a casual group, a healing rev is one of the better healing classes.

1: It does a surprising amount of damage for a healing spec.

2: Supplementary alacrity is good.3: It can save energy for massive burst healing, and it is more than capable of healing an entire group4: Excellent CC5: Unique buffs in stuff like Assassin's Presence and Facet of Nature6: Good at projectile management.7: Can supplement the group with most basic boons.

The only problem with it is that it can't carry too well. New players and bad players tend to flail around randomly like the sky is falling, and the healing rev is best at anchoring to a point.

I hope I can finde a guild where they want my healer rev in their raid/fractal groups..

@messiah.1908 said:in pve i play a bit with pugs (not raids) and renegade healing skill is great to give almost 2k healing per second for 10 sec. while also perma alacrity my group.

OK but do you think I will have problem to find a raid if I want to play rev support/healer??? or if I found a nice guild it will not be a big issue?

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:

@messiah.1908 said:in pve i play a bit with pugs (not raids) and renegade healing skill is great to give almost 2k healing per second for 10 sec. while also perma alacrity my group.

OK but do you think I will have problem to find a raid if I want to play rev support/healer??? or if I found a nice guild it will not be a big issue?

You can, so get looking. You'll be turned down a lot, but chances are you might find a team composition that works with (if not around) your character build.

@Ellkar.3421 said:

what built are you currently using?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5nnXMnNSumzJRZzNlst5oSY38UJ4bOsklfF6v+7//sb4DnYNAJYBA-jVxZgAAK/82fgT3AqSQc1fIFAE70A-w

you can have 80% -100% healing to allies (food and sigil if taken) . i have 25 might stacks easy on npc and i can share it for 10-20 might stacks if i save nrg. but atm migh is easy shared and get.

@messiah.1908 said:

@Ellkar.3421 said:

you can have 80% -100% healing to allies (food and sigil if taken) . i have 25 might stacks easy on npc and i can share it for 10-20 might stacks if i save nrg. but atm migh is easy shared and get.

I see what you’re going for, but there’s some odd synergy here. It appears to be totally self-reliant on buffs but designed for group play (primary might stacking on self, 2 bleed traits with only bleed source needing to be applied by allies). Invocation also has little to offer for you, as fury is a fairy common boon for allies to spread onto you. On the other hand, Devastation provides a powerful group buff and offers life siphoning to keep your health up so you can focus on supporting your allies.

To stay with the same idea of a support build that can add a little condi pressure, I recommend http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5nnXMnNSumzJRZzNlst5oSY38UJ4bOskFNlatJmiqodBCgI4/HLymE-jVhXwAA2fIhyvS6GCq+TMlgkCAidaA-w

It’s not optimal, but it has a place. If sharing might is important to you (because you don’t have a PS warrior around or somesuch), keep the Aristocracy runes and take Lasting Legacy trait, as this effectively doubles your non-combo might application. Just try to remember that no one build can be good at everything.

@messiah.1908 said:

@Ellkar.3421 said:

I haven’t tested it, but I’d go more for something like that (see bellow), you'd have better damage support with Devastation, two traits rather good for support in Renegade, and Lasting Legacy is better for might share (as you share 10 might instead of 5), and also I changed one trait in Salvation for better healing, as for the stats Seraph will give you better might boon duration, important for might and regeneration, and some precision which is enough if paired with fury from an ally, and I also tried to balance healing power near 1000 as well as maximized condition damage while keeping good healing and concentration, and also without having too much toughness to not compete against a tank if you chose to raid with that build.

Of course this is far from something Meta, but I think it might be viable.

Here's the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5nnXMnNSumzJRZzNlst5oSY38UJ4bOskFNlqdBCgG4PIPylcNJmiqA-jlxgABCs/AHqiEsyvRU7QYlgAobgUAQsTD-w

I love playing as a rev healer and his tablet. However after some Dungs a fractals I find it is very hard to be optimal

1- I fine absolutely immposible to pay attention to the table moves and its skills, my team moving(so I need to move the table) and at the same time to use my skills, and almost all the weapon are melee. So it very hard to do everything with 2 hands. At least to me.

2 - we need a dedicate support weapon (like druidas have) or at least a not melee weapon with some support skills (Hammer and Bow don't have any support skills). Because I find it is very hard to see where my team is, where the mobs are, where table is, specialy when I am in the middle of the fight with a lot of effects and colours and mob/people moving around me. I think the rev support should have a better control if it is attacking/supporting from range

3 General issue - The mana system. It is nice but it very very very hard to manager it. Because everything spend mana even the weapon skills.

4 General issue 2 - Would be nice if we have a possibilty to customaize our skills bar. I know it is not GW1 but at the moment we have 0 customasation (just traits)

To sum up, I love the Rev. support IDEA in paper but in the game I think it need a little re-work/revamp , so then I am going to try to support with another class, might be with the Scourge it has the "same" idea instead of a table it has a shadow etc.

I've been messing around with this build (GW2Skills) with POF Bounties and I have mixed results. Renegade 6 and tablet give me a lot of heals, tablet gives me a lot of condi clear and in some bounty squads I feel my contribution was worthwhile. If the squad is well organized and knows the mechanics then healing is less required and if the squad is bad then no amount of healing will help.

The condition damage is pitiful (short bow just feels bad) but I have invested a lot of Flax in marshal armor and staff is not to bad so I'm sticking with it for now.

Sure. Revenant actually has the most healing output of all the healing classes...

The problem is that it's damage isn't anywhere close to the group DPS you get from a Druid, and the meta revolves around speed clearing/powercreep, so you're unlikely to get to bring one in any sort of an experienced group. (Unless it's all your friends an guildies)

There's actually a couple of fights that having a ventari rev trvializes the mechanics... I was using my Rev as an extra healer to carry the golden slubling for Slippery Slub (since you don't lose access to your tablet skills), and you can just, like, permanently negate all the projectile damage for your group. Same with kiting on cairn, you can just stand there and practically afk while your tablet destroys all the shards.

The thing is, all of the utility a revenant healer brings only really benefits inexperienced groups. Whereas a Druid healer's utility benefits groups of all skill levels.

Archived