7th year birthday gift

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:According to gw2efficiency, I get mine in 7 1/2 hours.

Similar situation for me. It says my oldest character gets his gift in 11 hours, 53 minutes. (I can't remember exactly when the servers went online in UK time, but I remember it was over night and I decided I wasn't quite that excited that I'd stay up for it, so my oldest is a few hours behind the earliest characters.)

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/seventh-anniversary-gifts-are-coming-soon/

The oldest characters were created on 25 August 2012 during the early access period prior to Guild Wars 2‘s launch. Those characters will begin receiving their seventh birthday gift on 25 August 2019.

@Teleoceras.1298 said:Don't forget that the birthdays don't include a leap year. So this year the earliest 7th birthdays will be on August 24th. Next year it will be August 23rd due to 2020 being a leap year.

In other words, unless ANet has changed the mechanic in use since GW1, ANet's blog is inaccurate.

The first anniversary is 365 days after character creation, with 365 days gaps between each. We've had one leap year since August 2012, which is why the earliest number-sevens will start being delivered on the 24th.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:According to gw2efficiency, I get mine in 7 1/2 hours.

Similar situation for me. It says my oldest character gets his gift in 11 hours, 53 minutes. (I can't remember exactly when the servers went online in UK time, but I remember it was over night and I decided I wasn't quite that excited that I'd stay up for it, so my oldest is a few hours behind the earliest characters.)

About 6am I think. My guild leader in gw1 helped me finish off some hero armour to get me to 30 him points. Think we finished about 1am/2am with a few hours to spare

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Nine hours and 39 more minutes for my first present, according to gw2efficiency.

No makeover kits back then so my earliest chars were made right at early access to get the names then deleted and remade later that day.

Isn't that what betas are for? I genuinely think I spent as much time in the character creator as the actual game during the betas, working out what I wanted my first characters to be, how to match up names, races and professions and what they'd look like. As a result I only needed to re-make 2 of them after release, and only for minor changes.

But I'm with you on the names, that's why my first character was a charr. For all my other characters I had suitable names in GW1 which were automatically reserved in GW2, but I didn't have any with a charr appropriate name, and I wasn't going to buy a character slot just to reserve one early so I made sure I created him first.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Nine hours and 39 more minutes for my first present, according to gw2efficiency.

No makeover kits back then so my earliest chars were made right at early access to get the names then deleted and remade later that day.

Isn't that what betas are for? I genuinely think I spent as much time in the character creator as the actual game during the betas, working out what I wanted my first characters to be, how to match up names, races and professions and what they'd look like. As a result I only needed to re-make 2 of them after release, and only for minor changes.

But I'm with you on the names, that's why my first character was a charr. For all my other characters I had suitable names in GW1 which were automatically reserved in GW2, but I didn't have any with a charr appropriate name, and I wasn't going to buy a character slot just to reserve one early so I made sure I created him first.

Naw. For the betas I logged in, hit accept accept accept accept I’M PLAYING!!!As for the real login, the name was what was important to me (still is) the character’s looks were pretty far down on the list of importance. Some I didn’t remake for several days to weeks.

How did I not know GW2 Efficiency had that sorting feature!!!!? I've been looking at Word notes and doing mental math and this is so much faster and easier, thank you guys! I'll get my first one just after midnight eastern tonight, so a bit over five hours from now. Then three more tomorrow evening and a fifth in the wee hours of Sunday.

I knew my sliders for my five starting characters, but my goal was to save their names so I made five completely random ones with the names in the first few minutes of early access, then deleted/remade at my leisure. Thus my RP main has a day's jump on the rest since I remade him first then hit the ground running to explore and level until the first giddiness subsided enough to properly make the rest. Although I have deleted a few characters over the years, they have been keyrunners, very low levels that didn't excite me and hadn't existed for long, and a couple of name placeholders that I kept a year or two before realizing I just wasn't making that character, such as my male human Revenant from HoT beta. The rest of them have staked an unassailable claim to their character slots :)

I got mine today as well. :) The rock "chair" is kind of silly, but the other stuff is nice. I'm glad I finally have a second luminous armour set because I found it really hard to choose between them last year.

Then I found this happening in Lion's Arch:PFEC5fb.jpg

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:I was only quoting what Anet said in their blog. :# My first character's 7th birthday isn't until next year. So what do I know? :tongue:

I suspect whoever wrote the blog was just going by the date the game was released. I'm not sure anyone worries about the fact that their code doesn't account for leap years normally unless they want to know exactly when they'll get a gift.