What the.... why is this matchup possible?

Kahrgan.7401

Did you manage to snag a picture of the pre-match and post-match scoreboards? Should totes add those if you did.

It helps to check if someone was DuoQ'd, because the matchmaker tries slightly to mirror team compositions, and one thing a lot of metagaming top DuoQs do to exploit this is to queue together as two of the same class so as to increase the likelihood of there being one or two of that class on the opposite team, and then switch to something that pummels that class. Like... SB, Double Holo, Rev, Mirage. Those could all essentially farm two unprotected scourges, especially with proper coordination versus no coordination. Having two thieves is often very hard to work with too, but very advantageous to anyone on the other team and it looks like that could have been either in your case.

You should include your rating too, and always take a picture of the end screen. If you're between silver and plat1, and you get a top DuoQ on the other team, then that's just rotten luck. If it's only one top player queue'd up with someone not on the leaderboards with an account name like IiiiIlIlIiilI.#### (for example) then that's pretty suspicious, and they might be intentionally trying to queue snipe people like you.

And, I know how this sounds, but it isn't technically Match Manipulation. Even though it's influencing matches with factors that go outside the game itself. Just like all squares are technically rectangles, but all rectangles aren't technically squares. Hopefully these technicalities get put aside in favor of a fun, fair, and functional gamemode and matches like these start to become more rare. I also recommend queue dodging DuoQ players with the same metagaming tactics they use on us. Queue in the off-off hours, check Twitch/YT to see if any of them are streaming, add them to your friends list to check where they are, wait 5 or so minutes in between bad games.

@"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:Did you manage to snag a picture of the pre-match and post-match scoreboards? Should totes add those if you did.

It helps to check if someone was DuoQ'd, because the matchmaker tries slightly to mirror team compositions, and one thing a lot of metagaming top DuoQs do to exploit this is to queue together as two of the same class so as to increase the likelihood of there being one or two of that class on the opposite team, and then switch to something that pummels that class. Like... SB, Double Holo, Rev, Mirage. Those could all essentially farm two unprotected scourges, especially with proper coordination versus no coordination. Having two thieves is often very hard to work with too, but very advantageous to anyone on the other team and it looks like that could have been either in your case.

You should include your rating too, and always take a picture of the end screen. If you're between silver and plat1, and you get a top DuoQ on the other team, then that's just rotten luck. If it's only one top player queue'd up with someone not on the leaderboards with an account name like IiiiIlIlIiilI.#### (for example) then that's pretty suspicious, and they might be intentionally trying to queue snipe people like you.

And, I know how this sounds, but it isn't technically Match Manipulation. Even though it's influencing matches with factors that go outside the game itself. Just like all squares are technically rectangles, but all rectangles aren't technically squares. Hopefully these technicalities get put aside in favor of a fun, fair, and functional gamemode and matches like these start to become more rare. I also recommend queue dodging DuoQ players with the same metagaming tactics they use on us. Queue in the off-off hours, check Twitch/YT to see if any of them are streaming, add them to your friends list to check where they are, wait 5 or so minutes in between bad games.Just to add if someone says "but you can change yours tooooo" if you know your loading time you can change your profession without people knowing what you change it to since it just gives to connecting icon.

@bravan.3876 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Their mirage should've been perma dead against your 2 DE's.

Also, Scourge's counter holos, soulbeast, and revenant pretty well. Corrupt the stab and it's gg.

You guys could've won that.

Since when Scourge counters Rev? Soulbeast also depends on build pretty much

They don't have much condi clear so if they get hit by a shade or fear chain they are pretty much dead after their staff 4 + legend swap.

Scourge's counter any build with stability. You just keep corrupting it and you basically win.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Their mirage should've been perma dead against your 2 DE's.

Also, Scourge's counter holos, soulbeast, and revenant pretty well. Corrupt the stab and it's gg.

They don't have much condi clear so if they get hit by a shade or fear chain they are pretty much dead after their staff 4 + legend swap.

Scourge's counter any build with stability. You just keep corrupting it and you basically win.

A good Rev you basically will not hit often enough to apply enough condis before he kills you. It is very easy for a Rev to avoid to get hit by a Scourge. Only a bad Rev is an easy kill, the moment both player are at least decent the Rev should win that matchup. A 1500 range oneshot pew pew soulbeast doesn't care about stabi and as every range hard pressure build is not easy to deal with as Scourge.

@bravan.3876 said:

A good Rev you basically will not hit often enough to apply enough condis before he kills you. It is very easy for a Rev to avoid to get hit by a Scourge. Only a bad Rev is an easy kill, the moment both player are at least decent the Rev should win that matchup. A 1500 range oneshot pew pew soulbeast doesn't care about stabi and as every range hard pressure build is not easy to deal with as Scourge.

I mean I guess so but 1v1s against good scourges are usually a bad idea in general. Like you probably think holo auto wins against scourge because of the CC but it actually gets hard shut down if the scourge knows what they're doing.

Also, the thing about the longbow ranger matchup in PvP is that the Scourge can walk behind a wall and nullify all of the ranger's damage after capping the point.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

I mean I guess so but 1v1s against good scourges are usually a bad idea in general. Like you probably think holo auto wins against scourge because of the CC but it actually gets hard shut down if the scourge knows what they're doing.

Also, the thing about the longbow ranger matchup in PvP is that the Scourge can walk behind a wall and nullify all of the ranger's damage after capping the point.

No, there was a reason i didn't mention Holos even tho you did. Holo is broken asf but still Scourge can counter that well. I also didn't mention any build of Soulbeast, most builds heavily based on boons will have a hard time vs Scourge, at least the corrupt variants. Yes kiting and using los will help, still the range dps build has an upper hand. I know these matchups from both sides even tho Necro is maybe my strongest and most played class.

@bravan.3876 said:

No, there was a reason i didn't mention Holos even tho you did. Holo is broken asf but still Scourge can counter that well. I also didn't mention any build of Soulbeast, most builds heavily based on boons will have a hard time vs Scourge, at least the corrupt variants. Yes kiting and using los will help, still the range dps build has an upper hand. I know these matchups from both sides even tho Necro is maybe my strongest and most played class.

It just depends on how both of them play. If the rev is very hit-and-run the scourge will lose but if the scourge lands two good condi bombs the rev will probably lose.