You poison yourself for... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

You poison yourself for...

I've tried asking this in /MAP chat, but no response. I've only been playing GW2 for a few days so I'm still quite uninformed. I just tried using the 80 boost on my necromancer to see how he does at high level and encountered a very frustrating/confusing issue. The combat chat window displays the message, You poison yourself for 1900 using [Noxious Fumes], that repeats over and over until I die and it says it can't be removed. How and why is this happening? I know I must be doing something very wrong but I have no idea what that might be. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Answers

• @Zheist.6092 said:
    I've tried asking this in /MAP chat, but no response. I've only been playing GW2 for a few days so I'm still quite uninformed. I just tried using the 80 boost on my necromancer to see how he does at high level and encountered a very frustrating/confusing issue. The combat chat window displays the message, You poison yourself for 1900 using [Noxious Fumes], that repeats over and over until I die and it says it can't be removed. How and why is this happening? I know I must be doing something very wrong but I have no idea what that might be. Can anyone help me with this problem?

You should start with level 1-15 zones up to 80.
    If not, you could be upset with game difficulty and stop. You won't have those nasty effects in core tyria.

• Thanks and I apologize for my lack of game savvy. I did realize after more time in the area that I was just not observing the environment very close. What was happening was a cloud of poison, which was being emitted from one of the huge plants that spawn during a battle. I wasn't able to get out of the immediate area in time. Again, my newby-ness. :) You are correct though, about the lower levels being a good idea. I can already tell that this is a game I will be staying with for years (if I live that long. I'm old with lots of health issues. ;) to come. Thanks for the reply. :)

• You are absolutely correct. Thanks.
    I'll get a handle on things eventually. It's all good anyway. Love the game already.