No one plays any group content on the new maps outside of griffon and bounties.

Makes getting some of the other achievement items impossible without relying on guildmates...Simply put, these group events are not worth playing past their achievement item, since they dont pay out any better than bounties, which are quickly taken care of in quick succession.Especially the meta content, never seen anyone even try the maw meta!

I agree. The Maw is a large meta, but it goes unannounced by the game and so people have no idea when it's running; it runs often. Serpent's Spire? Barren. So many cool things going on, but they appear to be solo content badly designed into meta needs that these maps are full of. First and foremost, the game itself needs to announce The Maw like they do with Tarir; loud, booming.

@etsubmariner.4690 said:I agree. The Maw is a large meta, but it goes unannounced by the game and so people have no idea when it's running; it runs often. Serpent's Spire? Barren. So many cool things going on, but they appear to be solo content badly designed into meta needs that these maps are full of. First and foremost, the game itself needs to announce The Maw like they do with Tarir; loud, booming.

Even if it had an map/zone wide alert it would barely help the situation.

Serpent's Ire is poorly designed and scales heavily (requires way too much CC), while being ultimately useless past the collection achievement due to rewards being "2 blues and a green" again. There's a similar problem for Maw as well.

These meta's have no draw factor unlike HoT which have necessary items and crafting components linked to them to make them replayable.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@etsubmariner.4690 said:I agree. The Maw is a large meta, but it goes unannounced by the game and so people have no idea when it's running; it runs often. Serpent's Spire? Barren. So many cool things going on, but they appear to be solo content badly designed into meta needs that these maps are full of. First and foremost, the game itself needs to announce The Maw like they do with Tarir; loud, booming.

Serpent's Ire is poorly designed and scales heavily (requires way too much CC), while being ultimately useless past the collection achievement due to rewards being "2 blues and a green" again. There's a similar problem for Maw as well.

These meta's have no draw factor unlike HoT which have necessary items and crafting components linked to them to make them replayable.

They also aren't as in depth or involved as HoT metas which kind of makes them...boring.

@Ahlen.7591 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

They also aren't as in depth or involved as HoT metas which kind of makes them...boring.

Serpent's Ire also took the worst part of Guild Bounties and added more even more annoying things in form of Fury of the Brand. Just finished the collection that required it and I don't see why I would bother with that ever again.

@Ahlen.7591 said:I don't even see them do bounties really.

These maps are deaaaaad.

Check through the LFG in Open World > the map you want.Some map are full and the game automatically place you in overflow, which tend to often stay empty because people use the LFG to get into squad and join full maps.

The Muckstalker bounty in Desolation upscales horribly.

It's a core problem with the way defiance bar scale with people, making breaking the bar with 40+ players take so inordinately long that the boss keeps healing up whatever damage you do to him in between those defiance bars.

The same applies to most of these events. They are horribly scaled for smaller groups, and bounties are also inconsistent in scaling so most people zerg them down with the exception of bounties like Muckstalker who break at a certain player count.

And for all that trouble of trying to get through a map where mob swarms all over from Antartica snipe you and keep you in combat till you die of old age? All you get is a couple of greens and blues.

The only satisfaction I ever felt during this expansion pack was doing the story instances and the Griffon sidequest. Everything else is tedious and unrewarding.

So many events running concurrently on the map, and most of them don't even get done not only because the rewards are bad but also because they cannot be soloed or done by a couple of people given the absurd mob swarms that aggro from another continent and respawn so frequently.

There was a theory maps have lowered population caps due to their size and the mounts. I have no idea if it is true, but i get the mini hidden message a lot despite very little map activity.

The main issues are a lack of incentive and replayability. With the exception of the pretty terrible brand area in Vabbi, the maps are fun to explore, but they lack the depth needed to sustain them. You can get away with maps like these during the levelling phase, but at lvl80, there needs to be additional reasons to keep people playing them.

For all the complaints about HoT, they are still very active even now 2 years on. I cant see that happening for PoF, meaning if we are seeing a lot of events inactive now, itll be even worse for new players down the line.

This is what happens when the devs listened to all the people who complained about HoT. We got an expansion that was essentially solo content and maps with no longevity. HoT is years old and has more incentive to be on those maps and do group content, because once you're done with PoF achievements and unlocks, you have no incentive to go back.

@MrRuin.9740 said:This is what happens when the devs listened to all the people who complained about HoT. We got an expansion that was essentially solo content and maps with no longevity. HoT is years old and has more incentive to be on those maps and do group content, because once you're done with PoF achievements and unlocks, you have no incentive to go back.

I for my part don't think that's necessarily bad. I could also swap your argument around. ("HoT is, whan the devs listen to the fans of meta events only, so it sucks!")Or in other words: I am fine the way it is (about group content and such) and rather dislike me to be either 100 or 0 like in HoT, where I need to be in a group (or "zerg train" or either being unable to get things done). Soloing is a crux in HoT and thus basically locking me out; in PoF I feel much better. I'd call it "that happens when the devs please two sides of the spectrum". And that's a good thing.

Excelsior.

@Zedek.8932 said:

@MrRuin.9740 said:This is what happens when the devs listened to all the people who complained about HoT. We got an expansion that was essentially solo content and maps with no longevity. HoT is years old and has more incentive to be on those maps and do group content, because once you're done with PoF achievements and unlocks, you have no incentive to go back.

I for my part don't think that's necessarily bad. I could also swap your argument around. ("HoT is, whan the devs listen to the fans of meta events only, so it sucks!")Or in other words: I am fine the way it is (about group content and such) and rather dislike me to be either 100 or 0 like in HoT, where I need to be in a group (or "zerg train" or either being unable to get things done). Soloing is a crux in HoT and thus basically locking me out; in PoF I feel much better. I'd call it "that happens when the devs please two sides of the spectrum". And that's a good thing.

Excelsior.

Let's be real here.You don't solo world bosses in Core, which is essentially what you're comparing to meta events.The problem here is even when going back to the Core model they dropped out the reason why people even do things like Shatterer, Jormag, etc... Unique loot and decent-ish rewards. (also achievements that require more than 1 attempt).

I am sure if you looked at a pop map for those maps it was high for the first two weeks then dropped off sharply. :( Most of us did not get in full exploration and such during that time, but when most of the map up and leaves it makes doing such harder so even more people decide to take their mounts to the rest of Tyria.

I feel like Serpent's Spire could give a Mystic coin or Amalgamated Gemstone as a reward once a day and it would be fair its about the same level as AB.Maw on the other hand is a bit easier if all the events had a proven rare drop like the coin event we would not have a problem. I see multiple maps all the time when that one is active.

Archived