Source of account-bound adventurer's spectacles and scarves? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Source of account-bound adventurer's spectacles and scarves?

I have both account-bound and non-account-bound versions of both the adventurer's spectacles and scarves. But, I don't know where I got them.

Can anybody explain where the different boundedness comes from?

(The wiki has no information about the non-bound versions, so I'm asking this so I can update the wiki with some notes on it.)

Best Answer

• Marhal.6579Marhal.6579 Member
    Accepted Answer

If I'm not wrong, unlocking the skin of tradeable equipment make them account bound instead of soulbound right away. Might be what's happened in your case

Answers

• @Daddicus.6128 said:
    I have both account-bound and non-account-bound versions of both the adventurer's spectacles and scarves. But, I don't know where I got them.

Can anybody explain where the different boundedness comes from?

(The wiki has no information about the non-bound versions, so I'm asking this so I can update the wiki with some notes on it.)

Scarf: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adventurer's_Scarf (Soulbound on use).
    Spectacles: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adventurer's_Spectacles (Soulbound on use).

Both from Buried Locked Chests.

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've been there. The pages it links to (and that one) don't mention account-bound versions at all. But, I have three, and I want to know how I got them and whether they still drop like that. Those six pages are the ones I'm going to update once I get the answer.

I should also say that I have three of the regular ones (soulbound on use, but tradeable), as well.

• They are tradeable when they drop. If you customize them, they become account bound.

My guess: the ones you have got their stats reset in preparation for the standardization of choosy-stat gear, which would have left them account bound. That wouldn't be worth documenting on the wiki, because they don't drop.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

I've never modified them. In fact, they all were rampager's (scarf) or cleric's (spectacles) when I got all three of them. (The non-bound ones were also rampager's and cleric's.)

Also, the three account-bound ones are also "Soulbound on Use". (The three non-bound ones are also soulbound on use, but that's expected.)

Now that's a possiblity. I don't recall doing it, but it's been years since I received them.

I'll wait to see if there are any other possibilities before marking yours as the answer.

OK, I just went an unlocked one of the skins, and sure enough it became account-bound. So, problem solved. Thank you!

• Daddicus, were your actually account-bound when you unlocked it? Or did they become soul-bound? I have two on two different characters, and while they both say they are 'account bound, souldbound on use' and are presumably merely account-bound (as I added it to my wardrobe), I can't seem to actually move it to my character with leatherworking (it acts as if it were soulbound).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.