Scrapper Gyro-dps, thoughts?

Klark.6239

I run a similar build whenever I'm in a WvW public (and sometimes in my guild).However, I run berserker stats and applied force.Also bloodlust, but that's a minor difference.

Maro stats will likely not work since you basically live from your barrier.Adaptive Armor will apply 15% more barrier and reduce condition damage, but applied force will generate barrier faster and thus help better against damage spikes. Also, barrier is capped at 50% of your HP, so in zerg close combat the 15% will not help you much (I often get to the cap).Regarding condition damage: not a single cleanse. You have to rely on team/group and sustain yourself with barrier. If the squad has 1-2 heal scrappers (1 per 20) there is no problem with that, though.

In publics I often get max-dmg in arcDPS with that build, while it offers a lot of group-superspeed, group-might (10-13 stacks), a lot of CC, and much damage pressure at from close-combat to 1500 Range.

I tried roaming with it a few times, and even one a 1vs3 once (herald, necro, deadeye), but it relies a lot on surprise-burst and stunlock enemies. If enemies can move/evade correctly you will get trouble. Also you melt against condis on your own.

In PvE I used it in the Crown Pavilion in the duals and world bosses.Worked against all duel bosses (except special) and got decent damage/sustain in bb, too.Also works fine in HoT/PoF maps.A quick check on the golem showed pretty low dmg-numbers, though, so you shouldn't use it in high fractals/Raids.