Is my game being hacked? I experience this strange event today.

Every time I log in to the game, the game takes me to the main window where I can choose one of my characters. Well, today 8/26/19 my game sent me straight to the loading screen without telling me to choose a character. Aint that strange? Perhaps someone was using my game? is this possible or just a glitch?

Check your mouse.

I've been having problems with "double" clicking for the past few days.

I swapped mice and it seemed to fix the problem. It could have been the issue was so random it never showed on the new one.

Each gaming mouse is rated for a certain number of clicks, if you have an older mouse or game alot it could be a technical issue.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Did you maybe accidently hit the enter key and loaded a character like that?That seems very likely, much more likely than someone is selecting the character for the OP. The other possibility is that there's a sticky key on the mouse or the keyboard that isn't properly disengaging.

If it's happening often, I would try leaving hands off the keyboard after pressing the login button, to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, try moving the cursor to the top left or right corner of the screen immediately after pressing login.

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:Check your mouse.

I've been having problems with "double" clicking for the past few days.

I swapped mice and it seemed to fix the problem. It could have been the issue was so random it never showed on the new one.

Each gaming mouse is rated for a certain number of clicks, if you have an older mouse or game alot it could be a technical issue.

That happened to me too, when my old mouse started dying. If I tried to click and drag something it would sometimes work and sometimes it would double-click instead, and then sometimes it wouldn't click at all. It got really annoying - I lost some items in GW1 because I was trying to move them into my bank and used them up instead. If strange things you're sure you didn't do keep happening it's definitely worth checking your hardware.

Hmmm strange. It could have happened to me once too but I don't actually remember since it wasn't too much of a big deal. The only loading "glitch" I ever experienced was related to characters wearing the skins of the Requiem armor set which caused the entire screen to glitch out in weird textures. Sometimes I wish that I'd be taken straight into the loading screen since whenever I start the game for the first time of the day it takes several minutes to load and even then the game isn't properly loaded. Could be because I deleted the dat file and redownloaded the game multiple times in June/July due to the extreme heatwave here and the game stuttering. It solved my problem for a bit whenever I re-downloaded everything. Otherwise I'd guess that my loading delays as of now could come from d912pxy since some models take longer to load ever since I started using it which made the performance much better for me. But that isn't the point of this conversation though. I just find this issue/topic interesting. I hope that you'll find a fix for it if this should continue to happen. Good luck!

@borgs.6103 said:Yes. Yes you are. Better change that password to hunter2.

Lol that made me chuckle since Hunter is my actual name ^^ ?However it would be extremely dumb to use a password in connection to oneself that is easily guessed. So that's definitely a hit in the void.

There's also 99% possible that it's your mouse acting up, as I've had this happen with 2 of mine.

Usually this presents itself with the mouse left-clicking without input, or double-click itself when you press it. Considering how the "Play" button on the launcher aligns with the 5-8 character on the character select screen, it's highly likely this is the case.

The extra unintentional clicks can be hard to notice at first since they are few and far apart, but at some point it will start to take control of your camera on a regular basis as the left mouse button register as pressed down continously which is bound to happen at some point.

Unfortunately the only solution is to buy a new one I'm afraid. If you want to trouble shoot this, log in on a specific character and log out. Next time you log in, donot move the cursor after you hit the play button and pay notice to which character it's hovering over when you enter the character select screen.

Chances are it will eventually select character for you, and as long as you only use the leftmost character (meaning all others don't rearrange) you will know this was the cause when you get logged in on the one right where the play button was.

Well thats why I mentioned the enter button. When you login the game you type your password and press enter and the game goes to your char screen after. Its very possible you accidently double tabbed enter and then it logs in the toon selected (the last played one unless your mouse was positioned onto another). I have accidently done something like this myself once.

@Hitman.5829 said:It is indeed weird, because I did not touch the mouse at all, and even if the mouse is failing what are the chances that the mouse happen to click a very small region of the screen log in button.

Pretty good if the mouse is failing, depending on where you move your cursor.It's a lot more likely than presuming you've been hacked.

What have you tried to troubleshoot?

@"Hitman.5829" said:It is indeed weird, because I did not touch the mouse at all, and even if the mouse is failing what are the chances that the mouse happen to click a very small region of the screen log in button.

You can doubleclick a character portrait to log in on that character aswell.

If you have dpi-scaling enabled it also increases the chances of the "Play" button overlapping one of your character portraits assuming you didn't move it inbetween.