rending shade boon steal priority?

Stand The Wall.6987

I usually don't use it on its own, but in combination with bountiful theft, absorption sigil and S/D, since steal prioritizes protection and stability it's not been something I often think about. That said I'm pretty sure it does prioritize protection at least from what I remember fighting the dredge in EB. I'll do some testing once I'm home from work and let you know what I find.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I usually don't use it on its own, but in combination with bountiful theft, absorption sigil and S/D, since steal prioritizes protection and stability it's not been something I often think about. That said I'm pretty sure it does prioritize protection at least from what I remember fighting the dredge in EB. I'll do some testing once I'm home from work and let you know what I find.

thanks lol I appreciate that.i'm not lazy or anything...

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:I usually don't use it on its own, but in combination with bountiful theft, absorption sigil and S/D, since steal prioritizes protection and stability it's not been something I often think about. That said I'm pretty sure it does prioritize protection at least from what I remember fighting the dredge in EB. I'll do some testing once I'm home from work and let you know what I find.

It's cool haha. I do run the trait as it's great for pressuring a never die ele or firebrand by just spamming a DJ every three seconds to steal their protection, sure it only does 3-5k damage per hit like that but it puts a lot of pressure on them, burns their cooldowns and whittles them down. Most of the time I'm looking to steal all of an opponent's boons at once ready for a spike tho, so like I say I never really thought about it beyond "how many boons can I rip at once" haha.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I usually don't use it on its own, but in combination with bountiful theft, absorption sigil and S/D, since steal prioritizes protection and stability it's not been something I often think about. That said I'm pretty sure it does prioritize protection at least from what I remember fighting the dredge in EB. I'll do some testing once I'm home from work and let you know what I find.

It's cool haha. I do run the trait as it's great for pressuring a never die ele or firebrand by just spamming a DJ every three seconds to steal their protection, sure it only does 3-5k damage per hit like that but it puts a lot of pressure on them, burns their cooldowns and whittles them down. Most of the time I'm looking to steal all of an opponent's boons at once ready for a spike tho, so like I say I never really thought about it beyond "how many boons can I rip at once" haha.

you're alright juggles, you're alright.

I'm likely wrong but I remember it being pretty much the same as Larcenous Strike, but that's probably more remembering hearing another player say that. I think I'm running around with about the same setup as Juggle and by instinct at this point I'm at a glance going for player bars that have some reactive boons first with some larger stacks towards the end to pick up with Rending Shade or Larcenous Strike. Sorry I'm bad at doing my homework, I'm usually building on the run, hopefully one the math thieves remembers something.