8/27/2019 Patch - Thank God Holosmith Was Addressed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a meme, but it wasn't a balance patch, so, what did you expect?

There's nothing so broken it's as easy as a hotfix. When oppressive condi mirages were a thing, Holo had a hard time existing, so clearly balance is so fragile that one overpowered thing being nerfed means something else overpowered can spring up.

@Mbelch.9028 said:I know this is a meme, but it wasn't a balance patch, so, what did you expect?

There's nothing so broken it's as easy as a hotfix. When oppressive condi mirages were a thing, Holo had a hard time existing, so clearly balance is so fragile that one overpowered thing being nerfed means something else overpowered can spring up.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer
  • Jump Shot: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from applying its listed vulnerability stacks.

Nobody else got balance. Scrapper is still in the can.

But a Mirage can be hotfixed. Why not a Holosmith?

@Rico.6873 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer
  • Jump Shot: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from applying its listed vulnerability stacks.

Nobody else got balance. Scrapper is still in the can.Chrono would like to have a word with you

Was there ever a time scrapper was stronger than Chrono?How does it related to how dead it is now?

@Mbelch.9028 said:I know this is a meme, but it wasn't a balance patch, so, what did you expect?

It's not a matter of the patch not being a balance patch, there's clearly things that needs fairly quick addressing but instead stupid patches like this is happening.

I have yet to seen bug fix that wouldn't buff skills unless it was a quick hotfix after balance.

why not:

Engineer

• Jump Shot: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to crit 3k too much.

Anet first burning out ppl from mmo games and then burning them out of their own game is the way to go and I can see the successful business model right there.Kappa

@praqtos.9035 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Nobody else got balance. Scrapper is still in the can.Chrono would like to have a word with you

Was there ever a time scrapper was stronger than Chrono?How does it related to how dead it is now?

Just that it was never stronger then Chrono, at any time

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

What exactly is there to hotfix?

@praqtos.9035 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Scrapper's been irrelevant in PvE since it existed. It had a brief moment, then sputtered and died. It also maybe had a few months during PoF. Otherwise, it's been way deader, way longer. Chrono's only been in the dump since... what, last month?

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Holographic Shockwave

Regardless of everything else that is wrong with Holosmith, I'd like to point out Holographic Shockwave in particular because it has been allowed to benefit from bugged range ever since its release. If they can dedicate time to fix a Jump Shot bug that 99% of the player base has never noticed, why can't they dedicate time to fixing this bug that 100% of the player base has noticed is game breaking??

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Holographic Shockwave

Regardless of everything else that is wrong with Holosmith,
I'd like to point out Holographic Shockwave in particular because it has been allowed to benefit from bugged range ever since its release. If they can dedicate time to fix a Jump Shot bug, why can't they dedicate time to fixing this bug?

A cc that covers a quarter of a conquest map that spreads in waves, whys that a problem? LolI kid.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Holographic Shockwave

I'd like to point out Holographic Shockwave in particular because it has been allowed to benefit from bugged range ever since its release. If they can dedicate time to fix a Jump Shot bug, why can't they dedicate time to fixing this bug?

A cc that covers a quarter of a conquest map that spreads in waves, whys that a problem? LolI kid.

It's the bugged range, it's disgusting.

I have been playing a lot of Thief this season right. 9 out of 10 times I die to a Holosmith, it's because I am already kiting 200 range or so away from the Holosmith, and then I go to Shadowstep. When I Shadowstep away at maximum 1200 distance when I was already 200 range away from the Holosmith, I'll hear a Holographic Shockwave sound effect and somehow get clipped by it at 1400 range away from the Holosmith, when the tooltip says it's only supposed to go 600 range. And this isn't lag, it's bugged range.

I never really noticed this while playing Druid, because I didn't have to often run from or super kite Holosmiths. Now while playing a Thief however, I see why people have been complaining about this bugged range. It's very very very obnoxious if you cannot stand toe to toe and brawl against the Holosmith to not worry about that range. This one stupid skill enables the Holosmith this effect where, if someone is within about 800-1000 range of him, they may as well be standing toe to toe with him, even if they are behind a $%^&ing wall or up a 600+ range vertical pillar.

Not even sure how the bug in this skill has escaped being fixed since PoF release.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Holographic Shockwave

I have been playing a lot of Thief this season right. 9 out of 10 times I die to a Holosmith, it's because I am already kiting 200 range or so away from the Holosmith, and then I go to Shadowstep. When I Shadowstep away at maximum 1200 distance when I was already 200 range away from the Holosmith, I'll hear a Holographic Shockwave sound effect and somehow get clipped by it at 1400 range away from the Holosmith, when the tooltip says it's only supposed to go 600 range. And this isn't lag, it's bugged range.

I never really noticed this while playing Druid, because I didn't have to often run from or super kite Holosmiths. Now while playing a Thief however, I see why people have been complaining about this bugged range. It's very very very obnoxious if you cannot stand toe to toe and brawl against the Holosmith to not worry about that range. This one stupid skill enables the Holosmith this effect where, if someone is within about 800-1000 range of him, they may as well be standing toe to toe with him, even if they are behind a $%^&ing wall or up a 600+ range vertical pillar.

Not even sure how the bug in this skill has escaped being fixed since PoF release.

Yeah holo's get me with the slam often as well. A lot of those times I know its coming and back off a reasonable distance but unfortunately the cc wave does not spread a reasonable distance and still catches me often. I'm never not surprised by the rediculouse distance anet allotted that skill along with the low cd's and spamability of forge mode on top of the dps it has.

No bro.

It's all skill.

Ever since I have rerolled to holosmith, I have seen the light.

If you complain about holosmith, you are a peasant.

I used to be a peasant, but I stopped complaining about holosmiths.

I have seen the light.

The light (of the forge) has reached into the darkest corners to purge all scum builds from pve. pvp

It's an honorable class, but it needs to be renamed the dark knight.

It's hard work being OP.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Holographic Shockwave

I'd like to point out Holographic Shockwave in particular because it has been allowed to benefit from bugged range ever since its release. If they can dedicate time to fix a Jump Shot bug that 99% of the player base has never noticed, why can't they dedicate time to fixing this bug that 100% of the player base has noticed is game breaking??

Fixing the range wouldn't make much of a difference there are an absurd amount of cc in the game if we had deathmatch modus( we have a team control points modus by the way) everyone would be cc constantly and nobody would be able to use his skills. Even with the changes a Mirage can charge at you and keep you in a stun lock for 3-5 s at minimum , Guardian and Warrior have also their cc and Necros chill condi is even worse then getting a cc.

The main difference is Holo has own stabi and tons of boons while doing it which means you can't interrupt him not without boon corruption first and then you need cc. Means you either need good luck and skill or you duo queue with voice chat.

Also as an FB when I see the other side has no boon corruption I go with a lot more stabi then in the meta because of this. ( don't think this is OP I had plenty of matches where I ended standing alone .)

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Holographic Shockwave

I'd like to point out Holographic Shockwave in particular because it has been allowed to benefit from bugged range ever since its release. If they can dedicate time to fix a Jump Shot bug that 99% of the player base has never noticed, why can't they dedicate time to fixing this bug that 100% of the player base has noticed is game breaking??

Fixing the range wouldn't make much of a difference there are an absurd amount of cc in the game if we had deathmatch modus( we have a team control points modus by the way) everyone would be cc constantly and nobody would be able to use his skills. Even with the changes a Mirgae can charge at you and keep you in a stun lock for 3-5 s at minimum , Guardian and Warrior have also their cc and Necros chill condi is even worse then getting a cc.

The main difference is Holo has own stabi and tons of boons while doing it which means you can't interrupt him not without boon corruption first and then you need cc. Means you either need good luck and skill or you duo queue with voice chat.

Also as an FB when I see the other side has no boon corruption I go with a lot more stabi then in the meta because of this. ( don't think this is OP I had plenty of matches where I ended standing alone .)

Yeah I hear you. I was using Holographic Shockwave as an example to respond. To point out how it is every bit of a bug in the same way the Jump Shot bug was, but only far far more game breaking. There are actually many things that equate to why Holo is just starting to feel skanky because it's so cheap.

You should try playing something against that Holo Shockwave that isn't a FB though ^^ You may find that playing classes against it that have low stability uptime, feels like you're permanently standing a fucking Dragon's Maw if you're within 800 range of it.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Holographic Shockwave

I have been playing a lot of Thief this season right. 9 out of 10 times I die to a Holosmith, it's because
I am already kiting 200 range or so away from the Holosmith, and then I go to Shadowstep. When I Shadowstep away at maximum 1200 distance when I was already 200 range away from the Holosmith, I'll hear a Holographic Shockwave sound effect and somehow get clipped by it at 1400 range away from the Holosmith, when the tooltip says it's only supposed to go 600 range. And this isn't lag, it's bugged range.

That is not a bug that's a feature of playing Thief, whenever a player plays as a Thief absolutely nothing works as intended (in this case it is intended to not work as intended obviously) unless it fits enemy players needs at that moment.

Just a quick pointless rant, I'll show myself out now.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Holographic Shockwave

Fixing the range wouldn't make much of a difference there are an absurd amount of cc in the game if we had deathmatch modus( we have a team control points modus by the way) everyone would be cc constantly and nobody would be able to use his skills. Even with the changes a Mirgae can charge at you and keep you in a stun lock for 3-5 s at minimum , Guardian and Warrior have also their cc and Necros chill condi is even worse then getting a cc.

Yeah I hear you. I was using Holographic Shockwave as an example to respond. To point out how it is every bit of a bug in the same way the Jump Shot bug was, but only far far more game breaking. There are actually many things that equate to why Holo is just starting to feel skanky because it's so cheap.

You should try playing something against that Holo Shockwave that isn't a FB though ^^ You may find that playing classes against it that have low stability uptime, feels like you're permanently standing a kitten Dragon's Maw if you're within 800 range of it.

Anyway I had some hopes too that some balance changes would come because usually Arena.NET balance thinks around the end of the season exceptions are only new episodes . With this we need to wait another 3 months -.- I also wonder why condi Ele didn't got a nerf.

Can we also hotfix their "melee" holomode autos. No reason it should be almost twice the range of other autoattack ranges.Also, third auto in the chain is only 20% lower in damage than mighty blow, to put some perspective on the damage. With the might they generate, it will hit harder

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Profession Skills
Engineer

Scrapper's been irrelevant in PvE since it existed. It had a brief moment, then sputtered and died. It also maybe had a few months during PoF. Otherwise, it's been way deader, way longer. Chrono's only been in the dump since... what, last month?That so nice that you are talking about PVE in pvp subforum... almost makes sense...almost@Crab Fear.1624 said:The light (of the forge) has reached into the darkest corners to purge all scum builds from
pve.
pvpNot bad, not bad :D

No they didn't. Both prot Holo and even rifle match up against condi mirage including CI better than any build that isn't Fire Weaver.