Remove duoq

Dantheman.3589

In reality who actually needs to duo q? The answer ppl trying to maintain plat3+ indefinitely. Now I’ve been plat3+ pretty much every season solo q and I’ll tell you most of those players aren’t that good. If u want proof you can turn on any of their streams and watch them make terrible plays then shit talk their teams. For this reason I don’t like duo q because it is treated as an exclusion factor- the only ppl that need duo q(plat3+) cannot survive without it and treat everyone who doesn’t duo like crap. Also the way ppl duo q leads to intentional match manipulation such as Qing double necro, dodging other qers, or qing I off hours; instead of just qing normally. So I think we should remove duo q 1.) it excludes normal and actually good players 2.) benefits greedy inbred players 3.) Even if ppl cheated during solo q at least theres a chance they got caught, now every top player cheats and gets away with it.Convince me I’m wrong plz or why I’m 100% correct and that actually good solo qers deserve chance at titles

From what I see, even when DuoQ was restricted; it was still mostly the same people on the Leaderboard.

The main difference is that it's been filled with more boosted accounts than ever before, and a good chunk of the people there are the same person, just with a heap of alts plaguing the Leaderboard.

Oh, and winrates. Those have jumped up to like 80-90% among plat3 and legends come the end of these seasons. Back in SoloQ, hitting 70% would be an amazing accomplishment, and going 50% was pretty standard.

That hasn't changed really. SoloQ is still largely the same, and if you did well there; where games were much harder, you can do fine here like you say. If you want an even competition, you're pretty much kitten out of luck though. The game pushes you to DuoQ for an advantage, and forces you to play with people who do DuoQ regardless of how you want to play.

Rules of the game I suppose. If top players want DuoQ, they get exactly what they want. If SoloQ players don't want to or outright can't deal with it, too bad I guess.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:From what I see, even when DuoQ was restricted; it was still mostly the same people on the Leaderboard.

The main difference is that it's been filled with more boosted accounts than ever before, and a good chunk of the people there are the same person, just with a heap of alts plaguing the Leaderboard.

Oh, and winrates. Those have jumped up to like 80-90% among plat3 and legends come the end of these seasons. Back in SoloQ, hitting 70% would be an amazing accomplishment, and going 50% was pretty standard.

That hasn't changed really. SoloQ is still largely the same, and if you did well there; where games were much harder, you can do fine here like you say. If you want an even competition, you're pretty much kitten out of luck though. The game pushes you to DuoQ for an advantage, and forces you to play with people who do DuoQ regardless of how you want to play.

Rules of the game I suppose. If top players want DuoQ, they get exactly what they want. If SoloQ players don't want to or outright can't deal with it, too bad I guess.

Tbh yes a few are the same(maybe naru and hello) but 90% were different we had players never seen in top to name a few corrupt, interpreter, primal, zol, shadeland and even a few top Eu ppl- all incredible players none of whom are seen now. While now the leader boards top ten are all team USA, their alts and the ppl who paid for spots with them.This is a huge difference in leaderboards. One thing I’d like to point out is that solo q benefitted players that were actually considered good in their whole career while the current duo q is only benefitting the ppl in groups that match manipulateI think the way ranked is going is unacceptable and should be reverted back to solo immediately. At least so that independent players have a chance to stream and get titles in ranked. What’s the point of being associated with groups like team USA when they are only good because they cheat the system harder than others

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:From what I see, even when DuoQ was restricted; it was still mostly the same people on the Leaderboard.Rules of the game I suppose. If top players want DuoQ, they get exactly what they want. If SoloQ players don't want to or outright can't deal with it, too bad I guess.

It is a rule but it is often bent. Being duo q is one thing but when no one can compete with a match manipulating duo q that consist of players not even top tier on their classes, then I think it’s perfectly fair to propose new rules that will allow balance not only in competing for top spots but rules that allow for instant lower plat 1 players to still have a fighting chance when running into a top player. If it’s solo q then anyone can say run support scourge and help their team where as against 2 players on holo can cleave out anything and therefore plat1 “support players” have no chance.

no, dont remove duo-q. Remove the ranklist!

it makes no sence, that you are rated on a "ranking" game, where you have less then 50% impact on the game, esp if the matchmaking adapts you and start giving you teamcompositions you should loose half of the time. So why reduce the game impact on a useless ratingsystem?

@"Dantheman.3589" said:

I mean, I can't mention any names or guilds specifically, but

I see what you're saying. Right now anyone who uses DuoQ to manipulate the gamemode rather than what it's intended for are absolutely encouraged to do so. There's no safe guards in place. I mean, not that there ever was before either, but a lot of options/lengths people could go to cheat the matchmaker into getting easy wins was significantly harder with SoloQ. That's why there was no alts, and the good players had to work for good winrates.

Last I checked, according to BenP(Although this was 2 years ago) around 8% of Ranked's population DuoQ'd. Ranked was changed significantly over the opinions and feelings of a vast minority of players, ruining the experience for nearly everyone else. Imagine if someone took the time to say "Hey, 8% of players. You don't have the numbers for us to merge you with SoloQ players, so we're giving you your own separate Ranked mode to play with teams." That'd be more effort than PvP's seen in years, and even with that dedication they'd probably still complain about queue times. In any other game queuing together at the highest level possible leads to longer queue times because match quality is important. Gw2 PvP is the exception, where getting in as quick as possible matters over getting into a game that's as fair as possible.

Alternatively, you could just remove DuoQ like you say, but we've already been lucky enough to have that happen once, and they just added it back in. I can easily see history repeating itself again and again there.

Point being, it's ridiculous. Merged queues are blatant favoritism that favor what was once described as 8% of Ranked's population. Arenanet should appease those players, but not actively cater to them while ignoring the other 92%.

ANet really needs to make Ranked much more team focused and less directed toward a single player getting a form of "accolade" from being in the Top 5 or Top 10 on the Leaderboard.

sPvPs issues stem from ANets shift away from Ranked being a team focused competitive mode. You still play with a team, but their systems don't support it well as they have removed or just not implemented standard mechanics that any competitive team based game mode in really any game has.

• You can only Que as solo or with one friend/teammate in Ranked. This is directly detrimental to the competitive nature of a game mode that is built around 5 player team vs 5 player team. This came up as an issue early in the game because the Matchmaking system paired smaller teams of players or solo que players against full 5 man premades. However their solution was to remove the ability to Que with 5 people in Ranked rather than make a separate Que for it. This might have worked for a small bit of time to appease people but it also contributed to players leaving and beginning to make the Ranked seasons much more volatile.
  • The Ranked Leaderboard acknowledges individual players. Yet again another idea and facet to sPvP that is detrimental to the competitive nature of a game mode built around team play. They have remedied this slightly with how they do ATs but the problem with ATs is that they are only held at specific times of day/week/month. That requires schedules to line up for all members of the party and thats difficult to do for a D&D game much less an MMORPG with a relatively dead competitive scene. This is especially apparent when the same people are just off hours Queuing so as to avoid the majority of players.
  • Stagnation. Conquest is old. Very old. It hasn't been updated to keep pace with the power creep we've seen in Elite Specs since HoT released the first set, and PoF only exacerbated the problem. This has contributed to a loss of interest and for the meta to simply turn into "How best to Cheese point captures" for both builds and actual tactics in the game mode. When the best tactic in a competitive game mode, with point capture, is to ask oneself "Can my class/build 1v1 that class/build on that point? Nope. Rotate to another point." it isn't exactly...healthy. There is barely even any teamplay there.
  • Build diversity and lack of diversity in general. Where? You run into the same builds over and over again and, as stated previously, Conquest hasn't changed to keep pace with the change in the landscape around class mechanics. Not only are classes progressively losing any actual identity between one another as we get closer and closer to them doing what other ones do and get access to what others get access to, but Conquest, again, is old and the tactics have degraded into what was previously mentioned. GW1 PvP was popular because of GvG and its multiple actual PvP game modes. GW2 has none of what that once was. There is Conquest, Deathmatch, 2v2 Deathmatch, Stronghold and WvW but only Conquest has a Ranked season associated with it and we've already seen the degradation with that as a whole.

I understand ANet goes by metrics and who is playing what and how many are doing so and I can imagine only a small percentage of people compared to the rest of the game, like PvE, even touch the PvP/WvW in this game. However ANet should maybe ask itself what they can do to improve this rather than just essentially ignore it because "not a lot of people play it right now"; because their metrics tell them it isn't getting a lot of traffic. Ask why it isn't and ask why it has maybe lessened in recent years as opposed to earlier years.

The whole system we have today is a mess, completely contradicts itself and is detrimental to the its entire intention of being a competitive team play PvP mode.

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Tbh yes a few are the same(maybe naru and hello) but 90% were different we had players never seen in top to name a few corrupt, interpreter, primal, zol, shadeland and even a few top Eu ppl- all incredible players none of whom are seen now. While now the leader boards top ten are all team USA, their alts and the ppl who paid for spots with them.This is a huge difference in leaderboards. One thing I’d like to point out is that solo q benefitted players that were actually considered good in their whole career while the current duo q is only benefitting the ppl in groups that match manipulateI think the way ranked is going is unacceptable and should be reverted back to solo immediately. At least so that independent players have a chance to stream and get titles in ranked. What’s the point of being associated with groups like team USA when they are only good because they cheat the system harder than others

I'm pretty sure most, if not all of those guys quit the game a while ago. Or, at the very least, they might log on rarely to see if anything has changed.

If they came back, they'd probably be high up on the leaderboards. Regardless, people don't play every season, and as the game gets older, the people do as well. And, of course, that comes with more responsibilities irl.

I've gotten r2 during a solo que season (and even now, I mostly solo que) but I still advocate for duo que cause it's just way better for the game. Anet agrees.

Also, it's kind of hilarious that you're calling Team USA "cheaters" when they've won basically every single monthly on NA. Do you think they somehow rigged every single one of those matches or maybe they are just good players? ... lol

Dude as I keep reading your posts my jaw just keeps getting lower xd There is nothing stopping solo players from streaming or getting titles in ranked. Helio streams mostly on his solo que ONLY account in NA primetime and he still places in the top 10 regularly. Just get better at the game and stop complaining so much. There are plenty of solo que players that still place in the top 20.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Tbh yes a few are the same(maybe naru and hello) but 90% were different we had players never seen in top to name a few corrupt, interpreter, primal, zol, shadeland and even a few top Eu ppl- all incredible players none of whom are seen now. While now the leader boards top ten are all team USA, their alts and the ppl who paid for spots with them.This is a huge difference in leaderboards. One thing I’d like to point out is that solo q benefitted players that were actually considered good in their whole career while the current duo q is only benefitting the ppl in groups that match manipulateI think the way ranked is going is unacceptable and should be reverted back to solo immediately. At least so that independent players have a chance to stream and get titles in ranked. What’s the point of being associated with groups like team USA when they are only good because they cheat the system harder than others

I'm pretty sure most, if not all of those guys quit the game a while ago. Or, at the very least, they might log on rarely to see if anything has changed.

If they came back, they'd probably be high up on the leaderboards. Regardless, people don't play every season, and as the game gets older, the people do as well. And, of course, that comes with more responsibilities irl.

I've gotten r2 during a solo que season (and even now, I mostly solo que) but I still advocate for duo que cause it's just way better for the game. Anet agrees.

As far as I know they all still play besides shadelang who quit because his build got killed with a change to shouts... and no they wouldn’t be high everyone I mentioned was at least top 5 corrupt for example. Is a necro main I see him play and get around 100...Gratz on rank 2 I’ve also been in top 5 solo q and still get plat3+ every season yet me and many others(at least like 90% of players solo q) would say that duo q isn’t healthy rn...

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Tbh yes a few are the same(maybe naru and hello) but 90% were different we had players never seen in top to name a few corrupt, interpreter, primal, zol, shadeland and even a few top Eu ppl- all incredible players none of whom are seen now. While now the leader boards top ten are all team USA, their alts and the ppl who paid for spots with them.This is a huge difference in leaderboards. One thing I’d like to point out is that solo q benefitted players that were actually considered good in their whole career while the current duo q is only benefitting the ppl in groups that match manipulateI think the way ranked is going is unacceptable and should be reverted back to solo immediately. At least so that independent players have a chance to stream and get titles in ranked. What’s the point of being associated with groups like team USA when they are only good because they cheat the system harder than others

As far as I know they all still play besides shadelang who quit because his build got killed with a change to shouts... and no they wouldn’t be high everyone I mentioned was at least top 5 corrupt for example. Is a necro main I see him play and get around 100...Gratz on rank 2 I’ve also been in top 5 solo q and still get plat3+ every season yet me and many others(at least like 90% of players solo) would say that duo q isn’t healthy rn...

If they play, they probably don't que much ranked. I have not seen any of them in my matches in the past few months.

Also, hm... I feel like Corrupt had gotten banned/removed from the leaderboards a few seasons ago for wintrading but I might be mixing his name up with someone else.

Dude, most people think duo que is healthy. It's an online MMO, team-based gamemode. You'd have to have a pretty backwards sense of logic to think that forcing people to play solo will turn out well. Again, Anet agrees based off of their numbers/data/statistics. So, it's very unlikely to change in the future (ever) simply because it'll probably result in the death of PvP if they do it a second time.

It's like asking Anet to remove parties/squads from WvW because they have an unfair advantage over solo players when there's nothing stopping you from grouping up with others and doing the same thing. Or forcing people to solo que raids and fractals because it's not fair that friends/guilds can clear them easily.

Even as a solo player, I'd quit the game on the spot if it punishes me for being good. I know plenty of other people that will as well.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Point being, it's ridiculous. Merged queues are blatant favoritism that favor what was once described as 8% of Ranked's population. Arenanet should appease those players, but not actively cater to them while ignoring the other 92%.

I'm just going to go ahead and ask Anet to remove solo quing so you guys will see how it feels to be forced to play a certain way. Would you like that?

You guys aren't being ignored. Anyone can solo que if they want to. Any complaints about duo quing simply come down to the skill level of the top duos. I literally never hear any complaints about gold duos or low plat duos. It's always the same top players, regardless of whether or not they are playing in a duo OR solo season, being ragged on because people just aren't happy they aren't as good. Like, when it's a solo season and Helio still lands 4 of the 10 top spots, oh dear... now the same people cry foul play.

If Helio can que on stream on his solo-only account during NA primetime and still get top 10, that's already proof that it's possible. Seriously, people need to stop blaming everything else asides from their own play and they will improve.

As much as I hated on a forced solo que system, I still placed highly. So it's not like I'm relying on duos to hit the ranks I want. I just hated the fact that I couldn't play with a friend if I wanted to.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Point being, it's ridiculous. Merged queues are blatant favoritism that favor what was once described as 8% of Ranked's population. Arenanet should appease those players, but not actively cater to them while ignoring the other 92%.

I'm just going to go ahead and ask Anet to remove solo quing so you guys will see how it feels to be forced to play a certain way. Would you like that?

You guys aren't being ignored. Anyone can solo que if they want to. Any complaints about duo quing simply come down to the skill level of the top duos. I literally never hear any complaints about gold duos or low plat duos. It's always the same top players, regardless of whether or not they are playing in a duo OR solo season, being ragged on because people just aren't happy they aren't as good. Like, when it's a solo season and Helio still lands 4 of the 10 top spots, oh dear... now the same people cry foul play.

If Helio can que on stream on his solo-only account during NA primetime and still get top 10, that's already proof that it's possible. Seriously, people need to stop blaming everything else asides from their own play and they will improve.

As much as I hated on a forced solo que system, I still placed highly. So it's not like I'm relying on duos to hit the ranks I want. I just hated the fact that I couldn't play with a friend if I wanted to.

Everything your saying is backwards logic. If u really have any numbers can prove that your right and somehow anet has statistics that corrupt doesn’t q to top 100 rn go ahead lol.

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Everything your saying is backwards logic. If u really have any numbers can prove that your right and somehow anet has statistics that corrupt doesn’t q to top 100 rn go ahead lol.

What are you talking about??

Helio has been in the top 10 basically every single PvP season regardless of whether it was solo or duo. If he can do it, it's possible. If Corrupt (or anyone else) can't, well that's too bad for them. I've also been in the top 10 numerous times during solo AND duo seasons. There are several others as well.

If Anet brings back forced solo que, it literally won't (and hasn't) changed the leaderboards at all except for maybe pissing off the people over the 1600 threshold to the point where they quit.

Anet Ben P specifically stated that removing duo que for high rated players was a punishment, shouldn't have happened, and encouraged match manipulation. The fact is, more people were removed from the leaderboards for foul play during solo que seasons than duos. You can't argue with the numbers.

Not to mention Helio literally streamed on his solo que only account during NA primetime and went 16-3, placing rank 7 with 1800 rating. So your argument that the top players NEED solo que and require playing at off-hours to achieve high ranks is completely false. He also qued on engi and didn't swap off of necro or que dodge anyone.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Everything your saying is backwards logic. If u really have any numbers can prove that your right and somehow anet has statistics that corrupt doesn’t q to top 100 rn go ahead lol.

I can argue with your numbers if they don’t support your arguement and it was your choice to say these things and as far as I know they were not removed so your arguement still looks weak

@Dantheman.3589 said:

I can argue with your numbers if they don’t support your arguement and it was your choice to say these things and as far as I know they were not removed so your arguement still looks weak

There are still numbers that support my argument such as around 90% of players solo and the 10% of duo qers are mostly the ones exclusively using it to achieve ranks higher than they normally could at the expense of largely manipulating the normality of qs for the rest of the population

@shadowpass.4236 said:

That would probably be for the best right now if you're trying to to make ranked competative and meaningful again, because that's where the rating system really makes sense. leveled playing fields 5 premades vs 5 premades. Then add ranked 2v2s/3v3s as another ranked pre-made game-mode option and you've got a little something for everyone, then leave unranked as it is for all the modes. As it stands right now Ranked PvP is just a place you go to for chest rewards/shards , and that's it. No one cares about conquest, ESL is dead, titles have been devalued/sullied by repeat exploiting and bad practices to get them. Watch, Anet will eventually add some new desirable rewards for high rank and you'll see the ugliness of the top end surface again.

@shadowpass.4236 said:I'm just going to go ahead and ask Anet to remove solo quing so you guys will see how it feels to be forced to play a certain way. Would you like that?

I would actually be okay with this because the queues wouldn't be merged anymore. I can quit happily knowing that the rampant abuse of the system would be at an end and that ranked was competitive again. Plus, from like a philosophical standpoint; the game should encourage teamplay like that. Might even make it more interesting to watch.

Really with how boring merged queues have made the game for me personally, i'm obligated to count that as more of blessing than a punishment. Kicking back for some Unranked fun with a cola and some popcorn, watching all those alts and top players carried by DuoQ being knocked off the leaderboards sadly sounds more fun than actually playing sometimes.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:Watch, Anet will eventually add some new desirable rewards for high rank and you'll see the ugliness of the top end surface again.

This is actually so accurate, it hurts.

When they added the new titles, a bunch of people jumped off their alts to claim them and now this season some of those top DuoQ's that missed a titled cough Rank 1 NA cough are queuing with different people(alts) and taking up the titles that went to their Duo partner the last season.

2v2 team death match would fix this all. Shorter ques because teams fill easy. Duo means no chance of a win trader, bot, or pve reward afker when partnered . Sadly you have to find a way to prevent things like mama's basement troll who plays at odd hours vs bots and or win trades and goes 69-14 at the start of the season. lol. But there is no care to fix pvp, Just use your cash and buy flashy objects all is fine in pvp.