Favorite warrior/splb build for pvp and wvw?

Psycoprophet.8107

I like to play berserker in WvW so i could feel like a footman in warcraft 3, being send to the certain death, doing absolutely nothing.Berserker should have a trait which allows him to spawn in the nearest keep/base so once he die, he could come back quicker and die again.But jokes aside i follow this guide with mediocore effects.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Burstzerker

@"KelyNeli.4516" said:I like to play berserker in WvW so i could feel like a footman in warcraft 3, being send to the certain death, doing absolutely nothing.Berserker should have a trait which allows him to spawn in the nearest keep/base so once he die, he could come back quicker and die again.But jokes aside i follow this guide with mediocore effects.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Burstzerker

Lol yeah from researching it seems like anet dumbed down berserker to rely on one skill than nerfed the skill shortly after the rework released and didn't do much to actually improve the spec. I don't have a lot of experience on warrior yet but that's just what it seems like reading post regarding the spec.

Well for Berserker you need to go full meme dps to get very much mileage out of it. Carrying a Rifle for Gunflame lolz is fun. If you roll Berserker, then work on timing Headbutt right, and slot savage instinct instead of smash brawler.

Generally speaking though, you asked for core or Spellbreaker. You will want Defense traited: any top top usually.

If you run GS then run Strength: any mid mid for sustain or any mid top for higher DPS

If you run axes then run Discipline: mid bot top.

Core is usually Strength, Defense, and Discipline.

If you want Spellbreaker: any top top for boon ripping, Top Bot Bot from dps/sustain depending on if you use OH dagger and Might Makes right from strength. Mid Mid Mid to alleviate power and condi pressure.

Mkay,

Go Strength: any mid midDisc: mid bot topSpell: Top Bot Bot

Run axe/dagger. The other weapon set could be GS, or dagger/shield. Axe/dagger gives high crit damage that heals you for 7% of the damage, and 50% chance to gain might on a crit that also heals you. Don't spam Full Counter, use it when you see an attack coming, or to buy yourself a few moment for another skill to come off CD. That would give you more sustain and DPS, but is just one way of doing it. You could spec Defense instead of Discipline and run Dagger/shield + GS, again with Might Makes Right.

Another option is to take hammer for the AoE stun + boonrip. I would run Greatsword in the other weapon set then. Spellbreaker isn't a move spamming spec, its all about counter playing your foe. Core you can just go all in and rely on double Endure Pain to keep you alive while you DPS.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Mkay,

Run axe/dagger. The other weapon set could be GS, or dagger/shield. Axe/dagger gives high crit damage that heals you for 7% of the damage, and 50% chance to gain might on a crit that also heals you. Don't spam Full Counter, use it when you see an attack coming, or to buy yourself a few moment for another skill to come off CD. That would give you more sustain and DPS, but is just one way of doing it. You could spec Defense instead of Discipline and run Dagger/shield + GS, again with Might Makes Right.

Another option is to take hammer for the AoE stun + boonrip. I would run Greatsword in the other weapon set then. Spellbreaker isn't a move spamming spec, its all about counter playing your foe. Core you can just go all in and rely on double Endure Pain to keep you alive while you DPS.

Thanks for taking the time to write that out, I'll definitely try those out. I think the ur right about the core's double endure pain lol I prob got used to that sustain as I unlocked spb.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Thanks for taking the time to write that out, I'll definitely try those out. I think the ur right about the core's double endure pain lol I prob got used to that sustain as I unlocked spb.

You can still do double EP on SpB if you spec Defense. Just tinker around, kill some sentries to figure things out, and then take on some players.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You can still do double EP on SpB if you spec Defense. Just tinker around, kill some sentries to figure things out, and then take on some players.

Yeah definitely gonna mess around in the mists, I like the idea of rolling def on spb.I'm so use to thief's playstyle takes some time getting used to not disengaging so often lol

• 5 weeks later...

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah definitely gonna mess around in the mists, I like the idea of rolling def on spb.I'm so use to thief's playstyle takes some time getting used to not disengaging so often lol

For roaming i use gs sword/shield alot.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAw6FlZwSYYsQGJOWPVLdA-zVQYR0xhbBdUKZmAdGClGB9WAqsGMB-w

Doesnt have as much dmg as axe, but sword 2 can hit on glass for like 5k and final thrust can hit for like 10k on under 50% targets.The added mobility lets you engage and disengage alot better, which might fit your playstyle more.

For elite you can basically use anything, i swap around rampage and battle standart alot, but the instant stomp effect on banner is just so fun. Rampage is better for pure soloroaming ofc since you lose the rezz effect on banner while solo.

If you like you can also easily add spb into it, just swap out strength traitline for berserker and get magebane tether. Or for even more dmg swap out defense for spb (wouldnt recomment in wvw, because dmg there is alot higher and auto endure pain and auro balanced stance are actually good in wvw and save lifes)

@RedShark.9548 said:

For roaming i use gs sword/shield alot.

Doesnt have as much dmg as axe, but sword 2 can hit on glass for like 5k and final thrust can hit for like 10k on under 50% targets.The added mobility lets you engage and disengage alot better, which might fit your playstyle more.

For elite you can basically use anything, i swap around rampage and battle standart alot, but the instant stomp effect on banner is just so fun. Rampage is better for pure soloroaming ofc since you lose the rezz effect on banner while solo.

If you like you can also easily add spb into it, just swap out strength traitline for berserker and get magebane tether. Or for even more dmg swap out defense for spb (wouldnt recomment in wvw, because dmg there is alot higher and auto endure pain and auro balanced stance are actually good in wvw and save lifes)

Solid advice on sword here. Use as much sustain as you think you need, but tether and might makes right is fairly good sustain in and of itself.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Thanks everyone for the help. I'm definitely gonna try running sword/shield next time I'm on as the mobility on sword definitely sounds like it would suit the playstyle I'm used to more than axe which is what I've been running.

No problem. There is a lot to be said for playing the style that works best for you rather than what the meta-lemmings run.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Thanks everyone for the help. I'm definitely gonna try running sword/shield next time I'm on as the mobility on sword definitely sounds like it would suit the playstyle I'm used to more than axe which is what I've been running.

No problem. There is a lot to be said for playing the style that works best for you rather than what the meta-lemmings run.

Yeah for sure. I find gs whirlwind and gs5 are good to for mobility purposes as well, although ive fell off of a few edges thanks to gs5 lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah for sure. I find gs whirlwind and gs5 are good to for mobility purposes as well, although ive fell off of a few edges thanks to gs5 lol

FYI if you use GS5 before a target stealths it will still hit them. GS5, WWA, swap, swd2 is a great way to get some distance. If you like that play style, then consider Bulls Charge for one of your utilities. Runes of Speed are a decent rune set if you have a source of swiftness, they turn swiftness from +33% runspeed to +99% runspeed, and unlike superspeed swiftness affects strafing speed and backpedaling speed. Those should play well into a mobile play style. Would pair well also with the new warhorn changes that hit tomorrow.

FYI if you use GS5 before a target stealths it will still hit them. GS5, WWA, swap, swd2 is a great way to get some distance. If you like that play style, then consider Bulls Charge for one of your utilities. Runes of Speed are a decent rune set if you have a source of swiftness, they turn swiftness from +33% runspeed to +99% runspeed, and unlike superspeed swiftness affects strafing speed and backpedaling speed. Those should play well into a mobile play style. Would pair well also with the new warhorn changes that hit tomorrow.

Its 66% not 99%.But yea, rune of speed is a viable option.And yes, bullscharge is great, thats why i put it into the build i posted :)I still think in soloroaming shield has better uses than warhorn, alone the block with shield mastery is kinda necessary

@RedShark.9548 said:

Its 66% not 99%.But yea, rune of speed is a viable option.And yes, bullscharge is great, thats why i put it into the build i posted :)I still think in soloroaming shield has better uses than warhorn, alone the block with shield mastery is kinda necessary

Well he was liking the mobility of GS and Sword, Bulls just adds to that, provides an evade, and some CC. So I thought it a fitting suggestion for him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...