[Feedback] Cooking 500 - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Feedback] Cooking 500

2

Comments

  • TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    Have you tried it with a level 1 skilled cook?
    If it works you can just train 1 skill in cooking for all and have it in the back ground as a third unused crafting discipline on every character

    No I have not tried it and I have no intention of using a ghetto work around (if it even works) this is something that should have been account bound, I will either wait until they fix it or just never make the kitchen.

    @Trise.2865 said:
    Why would someone who isn't a cook care about a fancy kitchen?

    Sorry I don't roleplay my cook or any of my characters... my home instance belongs to all my characters, if I make something for one of them then I want it for all of them, like 90% of everything else in the instance.

    Fairly certain it's a bug, or at least on the guild chat they said it should be visible to all toons on the account when the question was raised.

    Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TheGrimm.5624 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    Have you tried it with a level 1 skilled cook?
    If it works you can just train 1 skill in cooking for all and have it in the back ground as a third unused crafting discipline on every character

    No I have not tried it and I have no intention of using a ghetto work around (if it even works) this is something that should have been account bound, I will either wait until they fix it or just never make the kitchen.

    @Trise.2865 said:
    Why would someone who isn't a cook care about a fancy kitchen?

    Sorry I don't roleplay my cook or any of my characters... my home instance belongs to all my characters, if I make something for one of them then I want it for all of them, like 90% of everything else in the instance.

    Fairly certain it's a bug, or at least on the guild chat they said it should be visible to all toons on the account when the question was raised.

    It will be visible, if they raise cooking as well. 425 for basic, 500 for bloodstone

  • Force Majeure.7152Force Majeure.7152 Member
    edited August 28, 2019

    Do not like the busy work of hoping for rng seeds to have to replant the seeds every day. Not a good mechanic.

    Couple of things when you plant the seeds that should be attended to:

    1) There should be a check to make sure you want to remove a plant. Since ascended seeds are one and done, it would be best if there was a check since the plots are not the easiest to target or see which one you are working on.

    2) I thought I had clicked on the open soil but it grabbed the growing plant, I dodged to avoid pulling up my newly planted cultivated seed but at the same time I dodged off the platform in the asura home instance, died and had to respawn. When I respawned, the seed pouch was gone. It needs to only remove the seed pouch after it has been successfully planted not when you activate it.

    Overall the collection wasn't bad, did it in less than 2 hours (had 10 minutes to go on the 2 hour timer for the norn part) and it didn't seem grindy. Only complaint is the busywork aspect of having to plant the food each day. Maybe some sort of charge system that you could fill with charges so that it automatically replants after harvest as long as you have charges. An interface with the gardener NPC where you have each location listed and you just add your extra charges into the respective location (ie. like labeled shared slots (plot 1, plot 2, etc) with a spot to put in a set of the cultivated seeds.

  • Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019

    Question about the Home Instance cooking station. Is Seimror(or whatever) going to turn into a vendor for common supplies? Otherwise this this is only useful for the Ascended food due to the Oven. You have to go to a normal vendor to buy the compost item.

    Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Loosmaster.8263 said:
    Question about the Home Instance cooking station. Is Seimror(or whatever) going to turn into a vendor for common supplies? Otherwise this this is only useful for the Ascended food due to the Oven. You have to go to a normal vendor to buy the compost item.

    sadly he does not become a vendor, a major oversight.

  • Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭

    Another (hopefully simple) confusion: I finished the Sylvari part of the collection which, as I understand it, is supposed to add some nodes to my home instance. However, I cannot find them at all - no nodes, no soil like the BL garden plot, no NPC to interact with. Is there something else I need to do or am I just stupidly missing how this is supposed to work?

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Considering you can redo the collections on alts, i think they have to do them to be eligible.

    Finally someome who knows about this! Can you please take a look here and tell me whether you ran into the same problem? Thank you.

    @Kunzaito.8169 said:
    I finished the Sylvari part of the collection which, as I understand it, is supposed to add some nodes to my home instance. However, I cannot find them at all - no nodes, no soil like the BL garden plot, no NPC to interact with. Is there something else I need to do or am I just stupidly missing how this is supposed to work?

    You need to plant the seeds yourself after you harvested their basic version (varietal seeds) in the open world, refined them as a cook, then planted that refined version in your home instance (a process you have to redo daily).

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    Correct me if I am wrong...but if I own a garden plot. I can harvest someone else garden plot for the day. If I do that I can not harvest my own. I have to have a garden plot to harvest someone elses garden plot. Which was a way for them to make money.

    This seems intended.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019

    @Josiah.2967 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    Correct me if I am wrong...but if I own a garden plot. I can harvest someone else garden plot for the day. If I do that I can not harvest my own. I have to have a garden plot to harvest someone elses garden plot. Which was a way for them to make money.

    This seems intended.

    You misunderstood. If you harvest a friend's plot with ascended seeds, it locks you out from your own. BUT! They do not have to replant them after youve looted them, nor for anyone else looting them. And then you invite your friend to your home instance where he loots your ascended seeds, and you too dont have to replant them.

    So thusly neither of you have to spend gold and effort to replant ascended seeds. If you loot your own ascended seeds, then you have to replant them.

  • Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    You need to plant the seeds yourself after you harvested their basic version (varietal seeds) in the open world, refined them as a cook, then planted that refined version in your home instance (a process you have to redo daily).

    Where do you plant them, though? I don't see any kind of prompt or node or NPC for it.

    Edit: Nevermind. I was in the Grove and didn't know the plots were on the roof, way away from all of the other nodes. Not exactly an... ideal... location...

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    I just read in map chat that you can abuse this: just find a friend and loot their garden instead, while they harvest yours, and that way neither of you will have to replant any seeds.

    @Kunzaito.8169 said:
    Where do you plant them, though? I don't see any kind of prompt or node or NPC for it.

    Garden plot(s). You get one for free during the Gourmet Training achievement.

  • zengara.8301zengara.8301 Member ✭✭✭

    Can anyone explain me if there is a difference in the stats? Looks like it is just the same, but with a bonus on karma boost, at least on one of the ascended foods that reminds me of sweet and spicy butternut squash soup?

  • @zengara.8301 said:
    Can anyone explain me if there is a difference in the stats? Looks like it is just the same, but with a bonus on karma boost, at least on one of the ascended foods that reminds me of sweet and spicy butternut squash soup?

    They all have an additional effect depending on which ascended herb they use; for example the peppercorn ones give -10% incoming damage.

  • Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

    Question on "effective progression":
    I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gorani.7205 said:
    Question on "effective progression":
    I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

    the gain from the collection is always 50 skill levels.

  • Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Gorani.7205 said:
    Question on "effective progression":
    I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

    the gain from the collection is always 50 skill levels.

    I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Overall this turned out alright and making ascended food isn't so bad. It doesn't used deldrimor or spiritwood, thank goodness. Also the surprise eater was a nice extra!

    However, you not being able to see the bench in your home on a non Chef character really sucks. It unlocks as a collection so its just baffling. Another glaring issue with crafting being character specific rather than an account wide thing.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gorani.7205 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Gorani.7205 said:
    Question on "effective progression":
    I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

    the gain from the collection is always 50 skill levels.

    I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

    No

  • I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

    I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

    @wattsup.4193 said:
    I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

    I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

    Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dedicated_Gardener

  • thanks - i saw that, but you don't seem to get access to that collection unless you buy the BLC garden plot

  • @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @wattsup.4193 said:
    I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

    I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

    Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dedicated_Gardener

    Actually can confirm that issue.
    Never bought a plot, don't see the collection, can't buy any seed, did not get any from gathering since I have it.
    So to me it looks either this sadly is a feature or its bugged.
    Am 500 at cooking and a gourmet.

  • @Joe Farmer.2063 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @wattsup.4193 said:
    I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

    I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

    Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dedicated_Gardener

    Actually can confirm that issue.
    Never bought a plot, don't see the collection, can't buy any seed, did not get any from gathering since I have it.
    So to me it looks either this sadly is a feature or its bugged.
    Am 500 at cooking and a gourmet.

    The collection and ability to buy seeds is tied to you purchasing a black lion plot for the 1000 gems otherwise you can't do the collection to buy the seeds

  • @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Joe Farmer.2063 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @wattsup.4193 said:
    I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

    I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

    Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dedicated_Gardener

    Actually can confirm that issue.
    Never bought a plot, don't see the collection, can't buy any seed, did not get any from gathering since I have it.
    So to me it looks either this sadly is a feature or its bugged.
    Am 500 at cooking and a gourmet.

    The collection and ability to buy seeds is tied to you purchasing a black lion plot for the 1000 gems otherwise you can't do the collection to buy the seeds

    Hmmm. Not good. Understandable, but they should communicate that better.

    Question here is: If you have bought a plot with gems, can you plant standard seeds on all three, or is the third one reserved for the new stuff?

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Joe Farmer.2063 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Joe Farmer.2063 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @wattsup.4193 said:
    I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

    I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

    Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dedicated_Gardener

    Actually can confirm that issue.
    Never bought a plot, don't see the collection, can't buy any seed, did not get any from gathering since I have it.
    So to me it looks either this sadly is a feature or its bugged.
    Am 500 at cooking and a gourmet.

    The collection and ability to buy seeds is tied to you purchasing a black lion plot for the 1000 gems otherwise you can't do the collection to buy the seeds

    Hmmm. Not good. Understandable, but they should communicate that better.

    Question here is: If you have bought a plot with gems, can you plant standard seeds on all three, or is the third one reserved for the new stuff?

    I have all 3, ive filled all with onions.

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

    This is not good for WvW.....

    Dilly Dilly

  • zengara.8301zengara.8301 Member ✭✭✭

    @Acheron.4731 said:
    This is not good for WvW.....

    That is kinda what I am wondering. Still n ot sure how it works tho, but it seems like the normal food is just as good. The ascended once seems to be + in bonus? o.o

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

    @zengara.8301 said:

    @Acheron.4731 said:
    This is not good for WvW.....

    That is kinda what I am wondering. Still n ot sure how it works tho, but it seems like the normal food is just as good. The ascended once seems to be + in bonus? o.o

    Yeah, the good part is you get 10% wxp bonus in wvw and various other bonuses such as magic find, etc..
    But if you are roaming...you will be at a slight disadvantage now without the food.
    e.g. some popular regular foods may include sweet and spicy butternut and squash soup +100 power +70 ferocity
    Or Fried Oyster Sandwich which gives +10% damage reduction +70 power
    Ascended will give you an effect such as +10 damage reduction
    plus BOTH stat increases : +100 power +70 ferocity
    so, yeah, it will be a slight advantage over the regular food

    Dilly Dilly

  • CeNedro.7560CeNedro.7560 Member ✭✭✭

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    That would be a massive bug. No wonder the ascended ingredients are dropping below 50 silver.

  • @Gorani.7205 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Gorani.7205 said:
    Question on "effective progression":
    I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

    the gain from the collection is always 50 skill levels.

    I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

    Your one impact will be on the basic xp you get from making an item. If level is to large you wont get any basic xp and only get the bonus for the first discovery. Would recommend craft up to 450 (will get some of this by making the foods they request) and then cash in the 5*10 rewards.

  • Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:

    @Gorani.7205 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Gorani.7205 said:
    Question on "effective progression":
    I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

    the gain from the collection is always 50 skill levels.

    I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

    Your one impact will be on the basic xp you get from making an item. If level is to large you wont get any basic xp and only get the bonus for the first discovery. Would recommend craft up to 450 (will get some of this by making the foods they request) and then cash in the 5*10 rewards.

    In the end, it did not make any difference:
    400-425 => Refinement; I think I got almost all the XP from grinding Casava Flour; a few discoveries will help though
    425-475 => can be covered with the collection
    475 - 500 => Once you reach 475, you can make the Pouches for growing the ascended seeds in your garden; at this point, you will always have a thing to crfat to take you to 500, no matter whether you have any discoveries left to give you a boost to the process.

    IIFC, I made like 2-3 pouches to push me to max. Cooking after I had done the discoveries between 440 and 450.
    PS: I wish I had not trashed all those Crafting Material Coffers from my WvW tracks, which now would produce the exotic compost ingredient from salvaging the feast.

  • yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I really enjoyed the quest to get max cooking. It made it feel way more real.

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @videoboy.4162 said:

    • Apparently, only your Chef can see the kitchen and none of your other toons

    Considering my cook is an alt character I will not waste my time building the kitchen as I will very rarely ever get to see it again.

    Me : Enters home instance on alt character cook, see's a nice shiny kitchen
    Me : Relogs
    Me : Enters home instance on main character, kitchen's gone
    Me : Such Immersion...

    Another failed attempt at content...

    Have you tried it with a level 1 skilled cook?
    If it works you can just train 1 skill in cooking for all and have it in the back ground as a third unused crafting discipline on every character

    No, it doesn't work. I tried it with a level 400 cook, and no dice.

    I have not tried it with another chef at 401 or higher, though. Mostly because I don't have any, but I'll be reluctant to spend that much money leveling another toon up.

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Tarlonniel.6534 said:
    And Seimur's reaction to the oven was priceless.

    I wish I had paid better attention to him! My eyes were on the oven. :/

    You can talk to him again. The dialog doesn't change (I think).

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gorani.7205 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Gorani.7205 said:
    Question on "effective progression":
    I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

    the gain from the collection is always 50 skill levels.

    I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

    Yes. While you get the same number of XP, that moves you a lesser measure up the leveling tree when you're 490 vs. 440.

    It didn't matter for regular crafting, but this process is 10 levels, not 10 times whatever XP you need. Unless all of the levels from 401-500 require the same number of XP, it's definitely better to do it earlier.

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kunzaito.8169 said:
    Anyone know how to get the "Cut of Quality Rare Meat" item? Wiki says it can drop for any enemy that can drop normal red meat, but I have been slaying those critters on various maps for hours (probably a couple hundred, mostly dolyaks) and not gotten one. Based on the the TP price it should be rare but not that rare. Any advice? I know I could just buy one but I'd rather get it myself.

    You have to farm with the character who is leveling chef. Another character can't do it.

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @CeNedro.7560 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    That would be a massive bug. No wonder the ascended ingredients are dropping below 50 silver.

    I'm HOPING that the bug is that you have to replant if you harvest them (once). Unless that gets changed, I won't be bothering with finishing to 500, because it's just not worth it.

    I mean, you have to salvage twenty-five food items of varying levels, to get only ONE ascended item? That's absurd, IMO.

  • CeNedro.7560CeNedro.7560 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    @Daddicus.6128 said:

    @CeNedro.7560 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    That would be a massive bug. No wonder the ascended ingredients are dropping below 50 silver.

    I'm HOPING that the bug is that you have to replant if you harvest them (once). Unless that gets changed, I won't be bothering with finishing to 500, because it's just not worth it.

    I mean, you have to salvage twenty-five food items of varying levels, to get only ONE ascended item? That's absurd, IMO.

    Those 25 Food items are worth 10s in total? Come on, we're used to pay a lot more for food, and this is a dish you can share with even better stats and additional boosts. It's surprisingly cheap considering other useable dishes were like 1,5-3 gold. Sure, it's more expensive than the 2s-Non-Meta-but-some-kind-of-useable-food, but when you used metafood already before it won't get much more expensive for you(just takes a little time to craft). Making the seeds regrow without replanting would make all other food pretty much useless.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Daddicus.6128 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Tarlonniel.6534 said:
    And Seimur's reaction to the oven was priceless.

    I wish I had paid better attention to him! My eyes were on the oven. :/

    You can talk to him again. The dialog doesn't change (I think).

    His emote when he saw the new kitchen installed can't be triggered again by any means.

  • Kelly.7019Kelly.7019 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    From reading the announcement (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/party-harder-with-ascended-food/) a couple days after it launched i was unaware of some things ingame. Obviously i knew i was in for some hurt not waiting for a guide :(

    1) Thinking maxing 500 was best i quickly got to 468 and stopped cause i didn't see a clear path of getting to 500 easily. I went back and looked at that gourmet cheevo (which you can't read the last steps to because it's locked, so you don't know that each of the 5 tiers gives you an additional "10 chef progress points" until you've unlocked the full row.) :( which means STOP @ 450!, but oh it doesn't tell you that. (i got to 450 and nothing extra was unlocked- no new recipies to climb higher) So i thought maybe a little higher :(

    2) i'm at 494 currently and all i see that's new are basically the consumables... which apparently you need a gemstore purchase of a "Garden Plot" to use?!?!? what! No other professions to 500 require you to use gemstore items to craft things. This feels scammy . It would be more helpful to understand if garden plot is necessary, to have red text warning people that the garden plot purchase is necessary to craft these consumable items. (i mean i assume garden plot because i have no "garden"???) or also mention it at 400 warning people you need to purchase a garden plot from gemstore to craft 500 food. ( don' t know for a fact that's true yet though, well c in 18mins.)

    3) i assume/ hope at 500 "Ascended food" I will be able craft and won't require mats from the garden plots. Otherwise this has just been a waste of my ascended mats --> spirit planks, deldrimore steel- MY MUHNEEE! on something i won't be able to use!!! >:(

    edit:
    4) well kitten . read comment below. me founds something i didn't see before in home instance :D

  • Kelly.7019Kelly.7019 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    after skimming half way down thru the comment section very few of you mention a garden plot is necessary for all of this. Nor did i see ANET mention ANYTHING ABOUT IT! As someone who is not used to garden plots nor understanding "seed pouches" means garden plots, this is very easy to miss.

    ( goes to home instance sees cooking station- wonders where this garden thing is ) :/

    edit:
    uh oh... mr. dumby just got done harvesting his treelogs, veggies and basic cloth, leather racks, turned and noticed some "open soil" yellow font off in the distance that wasn't there before :) :( oh this is where you plant them consumable things huh :D :D :D

    what... i didn't see it okay, it's hidden, kinda

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kelly.7019 said:
    From reading the announcement (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/party-harder-with-ascended-food/) a couple days after it launched i was unaware of some things ingame. Obviously i knew i was in for some hurt not waiting for a guide :(

    1) Thinking maxing 500 was best i quickly got to 468 and stopped cause i didn't see a clear path of getting to 500 easily. I went back and looked at that gourmet cheevo (which you can't read the last steps to because it's locked, so you don't know that each of the 5 tiers gives you an additional "10 chef progress points" until you've unlocked the full row.) :( which means STOP @ 450!, but oh it doesn't tell you that. (i got to 450 and nothing extra was unlocked- no new recipies to climb higher) So i thought maybe a little higher :(

    2) i'm at 494 currently and all i see that's new are basically the consumables... which apparently you need a gemstore purchase of a "Garden Plot" to use?!?!? what! No other professions to 500 require you to use gemstore items to craft things. This feels scammy . It would be more helpful to understand if garden plot is necessary, to have red text warning people that the garden plot purchase is necessary to craft these consumable items. (i mean i assume garden plot because i have no "garden"???) or also mention it at 400 warning people you need to purchase a garden plot from gemstore to craft 500 food. ( don' t know for a fact that's true yet though, well c in 18mins.)

    3) i assume/ hope at 500 "Ascended food" I will be able craft and won't require mats from the garden plots. Otherwise this has just been a waste of my ascended mats --> spirit planks, deldrimore steel- MY MUHNEEE! on something i won't be able to use!!! >:(

    edit:
    4) well kitten . read comment below. me founds something i didn't see before in home instance :D

    Havent you noticed that you get a garden plot for finishing the Sylvarri line?

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Daddicus.6128 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Tarlonniel.6534 said:
    And Seimur's reaction to the oven was priceless.

    I wish I had paid better attention to him! My eyes were on the oven. :/

    You can talk to him again. The dialog doesn't change (I think).

    His emote when he saw the new kitchen installed can't be triggered again by any means.

    Sorry, I didn't realize there was an emote. I guess I didn't see it, either.

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @CeNedro.7560 said:

    @Daddicus.6128 said:

    @CeNedro.7560 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    That would be a massive bug. No wonder the ascended ingredients are dropping below 50 silver.

    I'm HOPING that the bug is that you have to replant if you harvest them (once). Unless that gets changed, I won't be bothering with finishing to 500, because it's just not worth it.

    I mean, you have to salvage twenty-five food items of varying levels, to get only ONE ascended item? That's absurd, IMO.

    Those 25 Food items are worth 10s in total? Come on, we're used to pay a lot more for food, and this is a dish you can share with even better stats and additional boosts. It's surprisingly cheap considering other useable dishes were like 1,5-3 gold. Sure, it's more expensive than the 2s-Non-Meta-but-some-kind-of-useable-food, but when you used metafood already before it won't get much more expensive for you(just takes a little time to craft). Making the seeds regrow without replanting would make all other food pretty much useless.

    Where do you get 10s? You have to salvage 10 level 80 foods for each seed. You yourself point out that they cost 1.5-3g each. And that doesn't count the lower-tier ones you have to make and salvage.

  • @Daddicus.6128 said:

    @CeNedro.7560 said:

    @Daddicus.6128 said:

    @CeNedro.7560 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    That would be a massive bug. No wonder the ascended ingredients are dropping below 50 silver.

    I'm HOPING that the bug is that you have to replant if you harvest them (once). Unless that gets changed, I won't be bothering with finishing to 500, because it's just not worth it.

    I mean, you have to salvage twenty-five food items of varying levels, to get only ONE ascended item? That's absurd, IMO.

    Those 25 Food items are worth 10s in total? Come on, we're used to pay a lot more for food, and this is a dish you can share with even better stats and additional boosts. It's surprisingly cheap considering other useable dishes were like 1,5-3 gold. Sure, it's more expensive than the 2s-Non-Meta-but-some-kind-of-useable-food, but when you used metafood already before it won't get much more expensive for you(just takes a little time to craft). Making the seeds regrow without replanting would make all other food pretty much useless.

    Where do you get 10s? You have to salvage 10 level 80 foods for each seed. You yourself point out that they cost 1.5-3g each. And that doesn't count the lower-tier ones you have to make and salvage.

    There's still probably less then 1s lvl 80 food on market. Just go into the food list and sort by lowest and pick the cheapest food at various levels. Now everything has spiked but early on you could get 2c food and 20c lvl 80 food so he might be talking his/my experience.

  • Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    the seeds can be bought on tp, and will likely be sold at a premium. But yeah, its most unfun that you have to recraft the seed bags daily.

    Daily is too much, weekly is manageable, monthly is easy and chill, yearly is boring and not very challenging

  • CeNedro.7560CeNedro.7560 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    @Daddicus.6128 said:

    @CeNedro.7560 said:

    @Daddicus.6128 said:

    @CeNedro.7560 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    That would be a massive bug. No wonder the ascended ingredients are dropping below 50 silver.

    I'm HOPING that the bug is that you have to replant if you harvest them (once). Unless that gets changed, I won't be bothering with finishing to 500, because it's just not worth it.

    I mean, you have to salvage twenty-five food items of varying levels, to get only ONE ascended item? That's absurd, IMO.

    Those 25 Food items are worth 10s in total? Come on, we're used to pay a lot more for food, and this is a dish you can share with even better stats and additional boosts. It's surprisingly cheap considering other useable dishes were like 1,5-3 gold. Sure, it's more expensive than the 2s-Non-Meta-but-some-kind-of-useable-food, but when you used metafood already before it won't get much more expensive for you(just takes a little time to craft). Making the seeds regrow without replanting would make all other food pretty much useless.

    Where do you get 10s? You have to salvage 10 level 80 foods for each seed. You yourself point out that they cost 1.5-3g each. And that doesn't count the lower-tier ones you have to make and salvage.

    Ofc you don't want to salvage those pricy Meta-feasts everyone was using in WvW ^.^
    Prices spiked but there are still possibilities got get cheap food when you're crafting it yourself/collecting some items yourself.
    F.e. Tarragon bread for yellow(25 copper each on TP), Strawberryghost for green and blue(7 copper each on TP, other food is cheap there too), and 1 Winterberry pie you crafted yourself gives you 10 exotic(3 Winterberries from daily homeinstance, 1 piece of butter[4-5 silver on TP], 24 copper for sugar, flour and water and 3 karma for lemons).
    Also Halloween is coming soon, maybe prices will drop then again when they don't change the droprates of the treatbags.

  • Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Josiah.2967 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

    If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

    Correct me if I am wrong...but if I own a garden plot. I can harvest someone else garden plot for the day. If I do that I can not harvest my own. I have to have a garden plot to harvest someone elses garden plot. Which was a way for them to make money.

    This seems intended.

    You misunderstood. If you harvest a friend's plot with ascended seeds, it locks you out from your own. BUT! They do not have to replant them after youve looted them, nor for anyone else looting them. And then you invite your friend to your home instance where he loots your ascended seeds, and you too dont have to replant them.

    So thusly neither of you have to spend gold and effort to replant ascended seeds. If you loot your own ascended seeds, then you have to replant them.

    So if you have a friend/guild mate who shares his garden with you, you have an endless supply of garden mats for free?

  • Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

    That "harvest sharing" with friends/guild mates sounds like a bug and not a feature. I guess we will see how fast they will react to that thing, when Devs return to work on Monday. It can't be intentional.
    I really wish you could make individual food with the WxP +10% bonus (Suggestion: can you please add that bonus to the food the Portable Provisioner gives you?)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.