[Feedback] Cooking 500 - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Feedback] Cooking 500

13>

Comments

  • Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Having to replant ascended seeds kind of kills it for me.

  • Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    @Kelly.7019 said:
    From reading the announcement (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/party-harder-with-ascended-food/) a couple days after it launched i was unaware of some things ingame. Obviously i knew i was in for some hurt not waiting for a guide :(

    I also didn't wait for a guide and felt some hurt because of it; here's some additional feedback in case it helps others.

    1) Thinking maxing 500 was best i quickly got to 468 and stopped cause i didn't see a clear path of getting to 500 easily. I went back and looked at that gourmet cheevo (which you can't read the last steps to because it's locked, so you don't know that each of the 5 tiers gives you an additional "10 chef progress points" until you've unlocked the full row.) :( which means STOP @ 450!, but oh it doesn't tell you that. (i got to 450 and nothing extra was unlocked- no new recipies to climb higher) So i thought maybe a little higher :(

    425 unlocks the achievement. I also went to 450 because I started on Asura and one of the steps of that track requires you to craft a 450 food. But I think if you do it in the "correct" order you don't need to go any higher than 425 on your own - none of the other races require more than 425. The Dragonite ingots, Bloodstone bricks, and Portable Composter (for Norn, Human, and Sylvari respectively) give you crafting XP (can be boosted for even more) plus their 30 levels for completion. Charr doesn't require any crafting at all and adds 10, at which point you can do Asura for more XP and 10 more levels. Not sure what the optimal order is but I think it would get you very near to 500 (maybe the math says you need to do a few more levels at the start, I dunno.)

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The "farm it at a buddy's home" trick doesn't work. While the plant doesn't disappear, you can't farm it a second time.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2019

    @Daddicus.6128 said:
    The "farm it at a buddy's home" trick doesn't work. While the plant doesn't disappear, you can't farm it a second time.

    Read game update notes maybe?

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/85714/game-update-notes-august-30-2019#latest

    Fixed an issue that allowed ascended herb nodes to be gathered by players who were not instance owners.

    Edit
    all other garden plant nodes you can farm aslong as your buddy havent farmed em anytime before that day.

  • Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

    Is there a guide to ascended recipes so I don't have to waste a lot of mats on ones that are not useful to me?

    I agree that the one-use of the new seeds is a real killer for this for me. I just can't justify the time and cost for something that lasts one hour, much of which I will probably be waiting to find something to do.

  • Needs an herb that give seaweed salad passive
    Need a foods that gives omnomberry primary and secondary effects. Possibly an herb that gives the 40% mf while enchanted passive effect.

  • they're not that much more powerful. won't be using the ascended foods.

    Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

  • Matt H.6142Matt H.6142 Member ✭✭✭

    This was certainly the best bit of world building that crafting has given. I don’t know that the crafting level boosts were necessary. With it maxed out once again, there’s one less incentive to craft.

  • I actually had fun. The biggest problem I have with most of the crafting skills in this game is that they don't produce much out in the world. If you have leatherworking or huntsman at 500, all it lets you do is make ascended gear. That's it. It is just one of the ways to get ascended, and it goes nowhere aside from that. But cooking? I now have these souped up (roflpun) meals that let me give massive buffs to massive amounts of people, and I am fairly unique in my ability to do that. It puts something out in the world, and that gives me a real sense of accomplishment and impact.

    The standard that I go back to is Runescape when it comes to crafting. Yes, it is an old game, but it also has an excellent crafting system. Nearly everything you learn has a real impact in the world around you, including the non-combat crafting abilities. You get unique ways to make money, unique buffs, the ability to craft unique things, the ability to interact with objects in the world in new and interesting ways, the ability to solve puzzles that otherwise could not if you don't have those skills, and so on.

    GW2 is structured in such a way that it really can't do this. The closest is the wvw skills. Thankfully, cooking breaks the mold.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • While the crafting quest was interesting and i hope we can say something like this to others ones, maybe all crafting will have there own place.
    My suggestion will be should have a vendor that it selling cooking materials, the crafting station it for nothing if we can't buy items that we require from vendor

  • @Julischka Bean.7491 said:
    I had fun with it. Will not use the ascended food, but I do not regret the merry chase to 500 :)
    Thumbs up!

    I had fun as well! My Chef happens to be my DH so he was just sitting around anyway! I do use some of the food in WvW. The issue I have now is that Sticks of butter have become scarce! Pirates not dropping in loot bags; can't find a loot bag with a stick of butter. Now it costs 10 silver!

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Carlos Adriano.7894 said:

    @Julischka Bean.7491 said:
    I had fun with it. Will not use the ascended food, but I do not regret the merry chase to 500 :)
    Thumbs up!

    I had fun as well! My Chef happens to be my DH so he was just sitting around anyway! I do use some of the food in WvW. The issue I have now is that Sticks of butter have become scarce! Pirates not dropping in loot bags; can't find a loot bag with a stick of butter. Now it costs 10 silver!

    Cant you farm the bandits at kessex just east of enterance from shadow behemoth worldboss?

  • Without doing the cooking quest, I was able to get to 492.... burned a lot of materials to get there... made several back pieces... more than what I will use....
    I did so some ascended prep, the ingots and such... on the stage of getting the cooking pots and pans done... should be 500 before you know it.. or at least hope so...

  • @Linken.6345 said:

    @Carlos Adriano.7894 said:

    @Julischka Bean.7491 said:
    I had fun with it. Will not use the ascended food, but I do not regret the merry chase to 500 :)
    Thumbs up!

    I had fun as well! My Chef happens to be my DH so he was just sitting around anyway! I do use some of the food in WvW. The issue I have now is that Sticks of butter have become scarce! Pirates not dropping in loot bags; can't find a loot bag with a stick of butter. Now it costs 10 silver!

    Cant you farm the bandits at kessex just east of enterance from shadow behemoth worldboss?

    I'll give it a shot. Thanks

  • @Jenstone.6891 said:
    Without doing the cooking quest, I was able to get to 492.... burned a lot of materials to get there... made several back pieces... more than what I will use....
    I did so some ascended prep, the ingots and such... on the stage of getting the cooking pots and pans done... should be 500 before you know it.. or at least hope so...

    Check your mail; go to your home instance and talk to Simur Oxebone, I think his name is and do your advance training at his cooking station to get to 500.

  • @Carlos Adriano.7894 said:

    @Jenstone.6891 said:
    Without doing the cooking quest, I was able to get to 492.... burned a lot of materials to get there... made several back pieces... more than what I will use....
    I did so some ascended prep, the ingots and such... on the stage of getting the cooking pots and pans done... should be 500 before you know it.. or at least hope so...

    Check your mail; go to your home instance and talk to Simur Oxebone, I think his name is and do your advance training at his cooking station to get to 500.

    Carlos, thank you for the information, but I finished to 500.
    I had already completed the 500 on my main account.
    This was on my alt account so I wanted to see how far I could get, by cooking without the achievement open.
    493 was it.
    Actually gained 500 with the first step of achievement process, ie the Norn.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.