Please tell me this isn't working as intended.. 1 shot for over 40k in less than a second.. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Please tell me this isn't working as intended.. 1 shot for over 40k in less than a second..

SLOTH.5231SLOTH.5231 Member ✭✭

One shot at full HP 17kHP no time to react over 40k dmg in less than a second and don't kitten tell me it's a L2P issue. I don't mind dying but this is complete kitten.

https://ibb.co/0rnxT47

<1

Comments

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

Working as intended.

• Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

I hate thieves.

HATE THEM!!!

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

It is working as intended. Disappointing news I know. Unfortunately against some thief builds you don't have much time to react. After the first hit, assuming it doesn't kill you, you want to do something to get out of dodge. I can't really give you many tips on how to do that as a mesmer since I am not a mesmer player, but I am sure there is a way.

Also the vault skill hits pretty hard while also being an evade, so you are going to want to avoid getting hit by that. Overall, until you are pretty experienced with your class you might want to avoid matchups against thieves altogether. A lot of thieves run very cheesy builds that can disengage pretty well. I understand they aren't always avoidable, but it will probably save you from frustration just ignoring them as much as possible.

But long story short, yes, this is working as intended. Perfectly fair and balanced.

so you are still salty about that.

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭

@Baldrick.8967 said:
    Working as intended. Thief will hit you with 6-9 skills within 0.1 of a second and claim they have muscle memory'd the skill chain- but really it's just a macro as Anet didn't bother putting cooldowns between thief skills so they can fire off as many as they have initiative for.

The easy solution would be for all skills to have an internal cooldown between casts so no class could fire off such a combination (whether by 'muscle memory' or macro), but Anet don't seem to care, and it's not just a thief problem, it's just easiest to macro on a thief.

And there are many other examples of stupidly OP damage or stupidly large amounts of condis, etc as the word 'combat' and the word 'balance' have no relation in GW2.

I'm sure some people use macros but some builds allow nice combos of varying cast and travel times which a macro wouldn't allow any troublshooting in. I'd like to juice up my own opener more, but I have to build to counter those kind of builds so I can recover and flip control to cover people again. I'm sitting around 20-22k health and usually a quick evade and interrupt recovers, I'm not a fan of getting hit by that opener but I'm not seeing the whole thing happen in under a second.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

I thought for sure this was some de malicious back stab nonsense, I was ready to pounce. but hey, look! good ol daredevil representin its own one shot shenanigans.

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

is that your keep? how was bloodlust? how much damage reduction multiplier did you use?

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

edited August 28, 2019

this is how glass build works though. you win some, you lose some. =3

like i know with my war, if my bulls rush berserker stances gs f1 523 downs, im good. else, i run away. and they can 1 hit me too.

same with my guard if my hamme 2 ji smite sword trap doesnt down u, i run away too.

edited August 28, 2019

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SLOTH.5231 said:
    One shot at full HP 17kHP no time to react over 40k dmg in less than a second and don't kitten tell me it's a L2P issue. I don't mind dying but this is complete kitten.

The one shot was backstab. There were 6 hits for your 40k. Likely not in 1 second but ok.

You are running a Mesmer with greatsword. A power weapon. So likely you are running fairly glassy.

So, a boosted up hit from stealth to a glassy class? Yes. It’s working as intended.

Just because he is zerk doesnt mean any kitten dmg number is justified.

well, it the structure is claimed by enemy has bloodlust and has presence of keep, has damage food and sigil bloodlust, force, and that other damage sigil based on day and night and he is glass build, well...

• Dhemize.8649Dhemize.8649 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah but... I don't see the mosquito complaining that you 1hit killed him at full health with 85k dmg. Please nerf.

@Dhemize.8649 said:
    Yeah but... I don't see the mosquito complaining that you 1hit killed him at full health with 85k dmg. Please nerf.

hehe <3

• Fish.2769Fish.2769 Member ✭✭✭

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    Yet some classes get auto proccing defenses that negate fatal stealth damage like that, but I guess that's a-ok for them to go glass and get a free pass huh.

If you're refering to the Auto-Endure Pain on Warriors, that's not entirely true. If you take too much damage in too short a period, it doesn't actually proc and you go down. Saying that, there's only 3 classes i've ever experienced that can actually achieve this:- Thief, Ranger and Mesmer.

• Sylosi.6503Sylosi.6503 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019

You are roaming in WvW there is no "intended", because that scenario is not really a consideration, this game is basically balanced around PvP & PvE raids, then very occasionally they make a change for large scale WvW.

edited August 28, 2019

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:
    well, it the structure is claimed by enemy has bloodlust and has presence of keep, has damage food and sigil bloodlust, force, and that other damage sigil based on day and night and he is glass build, well...

I'm not sure what you wanted to show by pointing out bloodlust, buffclaims etc. here, but doesn't matter how many dmg boosts x or y is stacked with, in paper vs paper these numbers shouldn't be allowed, ever. It's simply unacceptable. Vault have evasion on top of that, that's even more hilarious and just another reason in my list "Why I should quit WvW and PvP forever". Guys, it's 2019, just accept it finally that this game is unbalanced and these kind of memes should be just straight up deleted the moment someone discovered it. The max damage one should be capable of doing in full berserk against another full berserk while having every possible buff and damage modifier in game SHOULDN'T exceed ~80% of the lowest hp pool available (beep, lowest hp pool = 11,645).
    I really don't understand what's so funny in "lol 20k dmg from stealth and he's dead wahahaha" or "me gonna stunlock u foreva until u daed" or "me gonna fart 413274561345871568 condis and run away far enough to get out of combat and stomp you with a mount while you still die slowly to condis while stuck in combat wololo" or "lul, me evading and dealing damageeee and you can't do a kitten about it waaaaa" etc. Where is skill here? Where is "fun" here?
    How we even got here from almost somehow balanced gameplay to this joke?

@,[email protected] well i used to riffle elite on my war for over 30k 1 hitting anything and everything.

the key is to kill them when they dont pay attention.

point here is, op being a mesmer, shouldnt have stayed afk :3

i for one am glad the game has mis balanced toons. else, theres always pvp.

• This is a game where damage and defense stats cover a big range, so if 2 full dps meet, 1shot is possible and if 2 full tanks meet, no one can win.
    While other call it unbalanced, I personally like that big range, you have so much flexibility in what you want to run. Go for condi tank against full glass spikers, go to full glass spike against healers and go for healer against condi tanks.... OR Chose a intermediate build to do fairly well against all of those.

• SLOTH.5231SLOTH.5231 Member ✭✭

No just a few of us were attacking smc and yes this thief instant killed me with those attacks no animations nothing just dead one shot in less than a second. I have no reason to lie guys or I wouldn’t be posting here.

The funny thing he kept doing it to me until I finally got sick of it and logged. There needs to be some sort of dmg cap. I die a lot it’s part of the game but I at least want a dying chance lol.

@SLOTH.5231 said:
    No just a few of us were attacking smc and yes this thief instant killed me with those attacks no animations nothing just dead one shot in less than a second. I have no reason to lie guys or I wouldn’t be posting here.

The funny thing he kept doing it to me until I finally got sick of it and logged. There needs to be some sort of dmg cap. I die a lot it’s part of the game but I at least want a dying chance lol.

what gear are you using? and are you base or mirrage.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SLOTH.5231 said:

The one shot was backstab. There were 6 hits for your 40k. Likely not in 1 second but ok.

You are running a Mesmer with greatsword. A power weapon. So likely you are running fairly glassy.

So, a boosted up hit from stealth to a glassy class? Yes. It’s working as intended.

Just because he is zerk doesnt mean any kitten dmg number is justified.

Yes, it does, As @Sovereign.1093 noted, if that is his keep, then there are several other modifiers added.

Sure toning some down would be great.

But maybe, just maybe, that cloth armored, low health profession could add just a little bit of armor. Likely, looking at his HP, he is running mostly all mauraders: that comes with a risk.

Popping like a gorged tick is the payoff.

Thank You for the {MEME}

edited August 28, 2019

presence plus claim is 200 stats. plus bloodlust thats 230. if your power is 2000, thats 10% bro. now add bloodlust 10$ also force 5% and day night 7% and food 3%, 5%

30% or 600 stats.

i kid you not. do not fight zerkers in their keep 1v1.

oh i forgot the runes.

ok probably roughly 700 to 800

note also the debuff and self boons from thief.

also this is based if thief got 2k power. if 2.7k, assume 1k+ addition on power and roughly 50% more damage and probably atleast 2 x or more on a crit based on modifier. of course this happens if you let him be.

let me test my old school war on rifle

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah but see you did double that to the mosquito so anet should probably look into nerfing mesmers some more.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PK1AEd7lFwSYYsRGKOyOmLdA-zVIYRU/PINrqKhQmEQ1BJM+bh0XL-w

not really riffle but you get the giest on the stats.

also we battle opponents in this state too. sometimes you get lucky if they lag, are bad, or using the wrong setup.

• SLOTH.5231SLOTH.5231 Member ✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@SLOTH.5231 said:

Mirage Marauder trinkets and armor. I died from many thieves over the course of 7 years this is the first time this has happened like this instantly dead not a fighting chance in hell.

@SLOTH.5231 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@SLOTH.5231 said:

Mirage Marauder trinkets and armor. I died from many thieves over the course of 7 years this is the first time this has happened like this instantly dead not a fighting chance in hell.

presence of the keep bro. :/ and dd probably using the best gear and food and that buffs.

in a full buff my war has 4.8k power and nearly 3k armor as pure zerk.

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Baldrick.8967 said:
    Working as intended. Thief will hit you with 6-9 skills within 0.1 of a second and claim they have muscle memory'd the skill chain- but really it's just a macro as Anet didn't bother putting cooldowns between thief skills so they can fire off as many as they have initiative for.

Please explain what 6-9 Thief skills can hit you within 0.1 seconds. You should use skills from the usual effective builds, but I'll actually accept a response using completely ineffective and irrelevant skills. In fact, if you want you can also pretend like the Theif can slot 10 utilities for this exercise.

Are you aware of what a cast time is? Can you tell us which initiative-based skills can be fired off at the same time as another within 0.1 of a second?

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SLOTH.5231 said:

Yep, you got hit by a macro-monster.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• ethanethereal.9315ethanethereal.9315 Member ✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019
  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ArchonWing.9480 said:
    So apparently the only consolation to OP people could give is that they didn't get one shot as badly as they could have....

Yeah this is gw2, literally every spec has that very same burst potential in one form or the other lol.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

same with my guard if my hamme 2 ji smite sword trap doesnt down u, i run away too.

I ran into this before...deadly...what is the build as I need to find a counter lol.
    OP: I run Marauder/Valk myself and can typically eat a burst for 17k, although if my reaction time is fast enough, I can typically turn it around after

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• nothing new

HoD

• @SLOTH.5231 said:

But but but you hit the mosquito for 85K ...🤪

• Carry condi gear in your bags ...
    Claim your vengeance B)

• JTGuevara.9018JTGuevara.9018 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SLOTH.5231 said:

Are you seriously defending this? None of what you said even MATTERS. It's freakin 40k lmao! I hate how players have accepted this as NORMAL.

edited August 29, 2019

anyway my guild will run all mirage later. itll be fun. =) we will avenge u and hunt all dd. we will all be gs sword focus or shield. hehe zerkers.

i know its not as popular as condi but meh.

• alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SLOTH.5231 said:

Are you seriously defending this? None of what you said even MATTERS. It's freakin 40k lmao! I hate how players have accepted this as NORMAL.

Check the previous posts it is not 40 k. Or at least check the picture. There is only one char that can do one shot 30k+ dmg (as far as I have seen in wvw) and it is (or was) norn-form-soulbeast. Thief damage is, although not healthy, quite normal and necessary to burst down other overperforming dps builds. This is caused by a bad game balance and a heavy power creep that includes cc chains. And mesmers burst damage is not that bad either when you compare.

And OP, as a burst profession player yourself, you should not make unnecessary claims about others. If you claim that you were one shotted with 40 k dmg, show the proof. Otherwise please at least use the truth. Perma invis malicious backstab deadeye is not good, we all know that. But demanding nerf and balance are two different things.

• Kageseigi.2150Kageseigi.2150 Member ✭✭✭

@SLOTH.5231 said:

Dude, Mosquito is my alt account! :-(
    Nerf Spatial Surge! :-D

You did accomplish something, though! You got hit by the mythical Dagger/Staff Thief! Never in my days have I actually seen one!

I am actually curious how long it took the Thief to get that burst in. I'm not sure if it would really be that quick going from Backstab to dagger auto, then switching to Staff to get the Vault in. Too bad there wasn't a video, though it probably seemed a lot faster in the moment than it actually was. Deadeye can get Quickness on Steal, but Daredevil would have to get it from elsewhere (maybe hitting the Backstab from the rear). I'm also curious how much health you had, and which shot actually took you down. If it was 17k, then it only took the Backstab, so the rest is rather irrelevant.

Don't feel bad, though. The last time I was in WvW, I got hit by an 18k Backstab, and I only had 14k health :-P

Of course, Thieves aren't the only ones who can do this. I was insta-down by an invisible Mesmer a while back also. What's really bad is other professions have been able to pull bigger numbers off in PvP (some in Stealth, some not).

The best thing to do in these cases is to sit back and laugh while you imagine how much worse it could be... you could actually be a Thief in PvP ;-P

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.