[UI Suggestion] Move Non-combat Buffs to the Top of the Chat Box

I just think it would be a good idea to keep the status section above 6~0 skill buttons as clean as possible, reserved only for combat related icons. Heroes Banner, Guild Buffs, the notorious Directives (yes, those are still there) and other noncombat status icon/visual noise can go elsewhere, say, the top of the chat box.

It also helps with people playing on potato laptops with low resolution and so on, in which case the icons on the right side often go under the minimap when the line becomes too long.

Edit:In regard to the suggestion by Manasa Devi.7958 below, maybe even more simple: a single icon that upon being hovered displays a list of all active non-combat icons as we currently have in a pop-up tooltip window. That should do!

I don't think I would like to have 2 rows of icons in 2 different places (considering that I also have to look at the icons below the enemy's healthbar, they will be 3 rows in 3 different places). I only say it for personal experience: in FFXIV you can choose to have your personal buffs displayed on the top of your screen, and when I tried, I never watched them. But I never tried on the left of my screen.It's also true that banners/guild buffs and such, don't change constantly during a fight, so we can move them indeed somewhere else.I would be already happy if we had 2 rows above the skills 6~0: the upper one for combat related icons, and the bottom one for other long-term buffs. Sometimes the buffs are so many that it's impossible to hover the mouse on a particular buff, during a fight (for example to see which guild buff I have) to read the description, since they keep changing position.

On some characters (ones that generate many buff and other combat-related icons) I stopped using banners a long time ago because I value clarity more than a few percentages of extra reward. Buffs that don't involve combat shouldn't clutter up things like they do. I'd prefer it if there was a single icon that displays all active reward buffs when you mouse over it. It could have a number on it to indicate how many buffs are active. A decrease of that number would tell you something needs to be reapplied.

@Linken.6345 said:You can move the mini map to the top right corner mate.

Indeed, yet to do so it would block a much greater field of view than to just leave it at the bottom right corner, particularly when the camera is positioned high, which is commonly set by WvW players. I just do not think that the problem should be solved at the cost of my combat situational awareness.

@Urud.4925 said:I don't think I would like to have 2 rows of icons in 2 different places (considering that I also have to look at the icons below the enemy's healthbar, they will be 3 rows in 3 different places). I only say it for personal experience: in FFXIV you can choose to have your personal buffs displayed on the top of your screen, and when I tried, I never watched them. But I never tried on the left of my screen.

Just to clarify: what was recommended was to move those 'non-combat' icons elsewhere, so in practice, instead of three, you would still only need to look at two spots on your screen: below enemy HP bar and above 6~0 skills, with the latter being more legible for having gotten rid of non-combat stuffs.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I'd prefer it if there was a single icon that displays all active reward buffs when you mouse over it. It could have a number on it to indicate how many buffs are active. A decrease of that number would tell you something needs to be reapplied.

Or maybe even more simple: a single icon that upon being hovered displays a list of all active non-combat icons as we currently have in a pop-up tooltip window. That should do!