a little help with dyes

there is no warning in the system that once you change the color/dye on an item you can not revert to the original colors but that is ok, meaning I removed the color on my current set. but then I went and bought the cultural armor set and as soon as I equipped it had all his colors/dyes removed even tho I never touched the dyes on that one. I understand that happening to the one I am wearing now because I changed the colors willing and because I wanted to change them. but why is it carrying on to a brand new set that I never dyed myself ???

afaik this is how dye works. The dye is bound to the item in channels. So if you equip another set of armor, it will have it's own set of dyes.This is not always visable as changing a skin using the wardrobe will result in taking over the original items dies as good as possible.....but...Some items have additional dye channels . This means that when you change the skin, the dyes are taken over in random channels and some channels are blank.

@Sweet Tears.9852 said:there is no warning in the system that once you change the color/dye on an item you can not revert to the original colors but that is ok, meaning I removed the color on my current set. but then I went and bought the cultural armor set and as soon as I equipped it had all his colors/dyes removed even tho I never touched the dyes on that one. I understand that happening to the one I am wearing now because I changed the colors willing and because I wanted to change them. but why is it carrying on to a brand new set that I never dyed myself ???

If you want the original colours on an item, on the dye window, top left side, are 3 icons, a paintbrush, an eraser and an ink dropper. Choose the eraser (middle one) this will delete the dye colour off of an item and set it back to it's base color.

Also when you look at armor before you buy it, it will show it with the dye colours from your current armor.