New Ascended Seeds not working as intended(I hope) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Ascended Seeds not working as intended(I hope)

Silencer.7614Silencer.7614 Member ✭✭
edited August 28, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I know the sale of new garden plots is disabled temporarily. But I already owned 2 and got a third plot yesterday with the chef 500 collection. After finishing the Chef collection last night at reset I made 1 seed pouch for each of the 5 new seeds that come with chef 500 and planted them in my garden. I noticed after I gathered them, the soil changes from the name of the plant to open soil. In the past Open Soil meant that there is no longer anything planted in that spot.

Please tell me that this is a a bug and we are not going to only get 1 gather per seed pouch and then have to craft more seeds, plant, harvest and start the cycle over every day. If that is how it is meant to work that is a ridiculous amount of work to have to do each and every day and quite expensive as well.

I'm going to leave the 5 open soil spots alone until reset tonight and go back and see if there is anything there as a test but I am not hopeful.

<1

Comments

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I am afraid its not a bug, given that the seed pouches doesnt appear on the vendor. As well the fact that we got a cooking station in the home instance.

  • Sorry, WAI.

  • It's not much work. Buy some cheap food of various levels. Halloween food 2c ea works but for higher you might hit 30c per. Salvage all. You need alot cause its 5 5 5 10 of each for the ascended version and you need 4 a day or 12 if you bought more plots. The varital drop off the herb nodes mostly 1 from each type sprouts mature etc except in lake doric where you can get 3 diff versions. I mean with glyph of bounty and a couple alts in 15m i had 20 of each of those. The peppercorn one I got in kessex.

  • HtFde.3856HtFde.3856 Member ✭✭

    @Pifil.5193 said:
    Having to constantly replant is a bit tedious.

    The fact that you have to salvage 25 dishes every time you want to plant a single seed makes me wonder how sustainable this is. If you just plant these in all of your garden plots you'll need 100 to 300 dishes a day depending on how many garden plots you have.

    That's why the harvested produce can be sold/bought. You're not MEANT to mass produce the ascended food. You can, if you wish, but it's getting unfriendly if you do.

  • The seed limit is meant to mimic the timegate on other ascended materials. It is working as intended.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TheGrimm.5624 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Cronospere.8143 said:
    You can bypass this by gathering from other players home instance.
    If you have a good friend who also has 12 slots of these you can farm his plots and he can farm yours.
    Because you yourself didnt harvest your own home they dont become soil.

    Yep, which seems like a major oversight. People is selling trips to their homes with grown ascended seeds.

    That must have been a change along the way, the way this was working was you could either harvest your own garden plots or another's, but not both. Granted last time test this was close after they had first released the plots and haven't tried it with the in game earned one yet.

    I think the point is you don't harvest your own plots instead you harvest someone else's and they have full ascended plants in every slot.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You cant dubble harvest now you couldent before, checked on my alt account harvested half ran out of gathering tool, went out got another.
    When I opended it up again all looked unharvested for both accounts but alt account could only harvest what i dident harvest before.

  • Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Guessing there are a lot of bugs atm. I never purchased the gardening plots, so I only have the one from the new achievement. BUT, the home instance gardener does not have ANY seeds., so I can't even use the one I have been given. So, they gave me a gardening plot, that I can never grow anything in, not even the regular seeds.

    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ubi.4136 said:
    Guessing there are a lot of bugs atm. I never purchased the gardening plots, so I only have the one from the new achievement. BUT, the home instance gardener does not have ANY seeds., so I can't even use the one I have been given. So, they gave me a gardening plot, that I can never grow anything in, not even the regular seeds.

    Because the seed collection is appearently ONLY triggered from buying a garden plot from gemstore. Seems like an oversight you dont get it from the free one.

  • NaramSin.2693NaramSin.2693 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019

    I Agree, as it is now is useless at least like Empty Rune Slots Chest of Sun's Refuge, you must craft 1 (one) seed, plant the seed, gather and then repeat? I could understand MAYBE if it could work like every other pouch of seed that do not disappear after you plant one seed, I could MAYBE accept You have to plant seeds EVERY Day (it's so strange but anyway) but really, if you have to craft every seed you plant EVERY day! i will not use it so much, thanks for the plot I will use it with my existing seeds :D

  • Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019

    All I'm doing currently is gathering herb seeds when I can and replanting whatever I have and building up resources for when I make the feast in larger quantities.

    Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @HtFde.3856 said:

    @Pifil.5193 said:
    Having to constantly replant is a bit tedious.

    The fact that you have to salvage 25 dishes every time you want to plant a single seed makes me wonder how sustainable this is. If you just plant these in all of your garden plots you'll need 100 to 300 dishes a day depending on how many garden plots you have.

    That's why the harvested produce can be sold/bought. You're not MEANT to mass produce the ascended food. You can, if you wish, but it's getting unfriendly if you do.

    Not sure about food for other things but at least for power DPS it remains about the same. The cost of the ingredients for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cilantro_Lime_Sous-Vide_Steak is about the same as the old price for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Sweet_and_Spicy_Butternut_Squash_Soup and for the same duration.

  • Vectara.2407Vectara.2407 Member
    edited September 5, 2019

    Friend of mine crafted the seed pouch, planted it but couldn't harvest the next day (wasn't online). The day after (so about 30 hours after planting the seed) it was gone. Does anyone know if that's expected too?

  • Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vectara.2407 said:
    Friend of mine crafted the seed pouch, planted it but couldn't harvest the next day (wasn't online). The day after (so about 30 hours after planting the seed) it was gone. Does anyone know if that's expected too?

    Did they harvest somebody else's garden inbetween? We did get the impression that the game got messed up on keeping track of your harvests if you harvest somebody else's plot that you didn't have yourself (as in I harvested plot 3 of a friend while only having two plots myself, and found that my first plot was harvested/empty afterwards, but we didn't try to reproduce the effect). With the ascended herbs being account bound this will hopefully no longer be a problem, but I still hope development and qa will take another look at the garde plot, as planting/seed pouches still bugs out occasionally (bug reported).

  • no she wasn't online

  • another new thing: you can now only harvest ascended plants in your OWN garden, that's ridiculous!!

  • Why not just make a large batch 1 time? This is not tedious at all compared to some other things.

    You want ascended food or not? Its not like its just a little better than its lower tier food, its like A LOT better. And theres a lot of very very cheap food to craft.

    I just found out what food I want, and I bought the seeds and make a massive batch, I go harvest, plant new, done.

  • Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vectara.2407 said:
    another new thing: you can now only harvest ascended plants in your OWN garden, that's ridiculous!!

    Kind of like how lumps of aurilium are account bound. I was shocked when you COULD and am unsurprised they fixed it.

  • So let me see if i got this right. You have 1 seed. Make a pouch. Plant 1 seed. Day after harvest 1 seed. In other words you got the exact same thing as you planted in the first place? What is the point of planting 1 seed that you then make into a pouch and plant?

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Draco.5014 said:
    So let me see if i got this right. You have 1 seed. Make a pouch. Plant 1 seed. Day after harvest 1 seed. In other words you got the exact same thing as you planted in the first place? What is the point of planting 1 seed that you then make into a pouch and plant?

    No you get leaf from the plant you harvest and no seed, to get the seed to plant again you have to go to the trading post or out hunting herb nodes in the game and be lucky to get the seed you want.

  • Draco.5014Draco.5014 Member
    edited September 8, 2019

    @Linken.6345 said:
    No you get leaf from the plant you harvest and no seed, to get the seed to plant again you have to go to the trading post or out hunting herb nodes in the game and be lucky to get the seed you want.

    Ah... i see. Is it worth it though? (financially)

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Not compared to other ways of farming.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

    I have toons I don’t actively play parked at a few seed spots. Worth it to me to farm those seeds. Go back to tv and return to the farm anytime after 1 hour. Also worth using glyph of alchemy in wvw and GH to passively farm seeds from synthesizers

  • @zipain.5276 said:
    Why not just make a large batch 1 time? This is not tedious at all compared to some other things.

    You want ascended food or not? Its not like its just a little better than its lower tier food, its like A LOT better. And theres a lot of very very cheap food to craft.

    I just found out what food I want, and I bought the seeds and make a massive batch, I go harvest, plant new, done.

    This is what I do.

    Tip of the day: Using item boosters and other farming boosts lets you harvest the varietal herb patches multiple times. The last time I made a batch, I planted 8 cilantro, and picked up 13 once I grabbed all of them. Planted 4 sesame, reaped 5.

    That's several gold with of free loot. If you have a spare toon, park one near the home instance, give them an item booster and give them a sickle with the Glyph of Bounty. You'll get several gold of extra loot with every wave of cultivated herbs.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

    @zipain.5276 said:
    Why not just make a large batch 1 time? This is not tedious at all compared to some other things.

    You want ascended food or not? Its not like its just a little better than its lower tier food, its like A LOT better. And theres a lot of very very cheap food to craft.

    I just found out what food I want, and I bought the seeds and make a massive batch, I go harvest, plant new, done.

    This is what I do.

    Tip of the day: Using item boosters and other farming boosts lets you harvest the varietal herb patches multiple times. The last time I made a batch, I planted 8 cilantro, and picked up 13 once I grabbed all of them. Planted 4 sesame, reaped 5.

    That's several gold with of free loot. If you have a spare toon, park one near the home instance, give them an item booster and give them a sickle with the Glyph of Bounty. You'll get several gold of extra loot with every wave of cultivated herbs.

    Really!? Thats nice!

    You need to use item boosters when you plant or when you harvest?

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zipain.5276 said:

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

    @zipain.5276 said:
    Why not just make a large batch 1 time? This is not tedious at all compared to some other things.

    You want ascended food or not? Its not like its just a little better than its lower tier food, its like A LOT better. And theres a lot of very very cheap food to craft.

    I just found out what food I want, and I bought the seeds and make a massive batch, I go harvest, plant new, done.

    This is what I do.

    Tip of the day: Using item boosters and other farming boosts lets you harvest the varietal herb patches multiple times. The last time I made a batch, I planted 8 cilantro, and picked up 13 once I grabbed all of them. Planted 4 sesame, reaped 5.

    That's several gold with of free loot. If you have a spare toon, park one near the home instance, give them an item booster and give them a sickle with the Glyph of Bounty. You'll get several gold of extra loot with every wave of cultivated herbs.

    Really!? Thats nice!

    You need to use item boosters when you plant or when you harvest?

    sounds alike an exploitl

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019

    1.) Arena.net should be ashamed for pushing the Garden again with this patch. It should not have been purchasable until everything was finalized.
    2.) Arena.net did not give any indication that things were not working as intended.
    3.) The garden itself is now inconsistent. Telling a new player you can't farm those but you can farm these, because... Reasons? Could be in the same garden slot.
    4..) There are multiple exploits with the gardening. Before the attention was on people sharing and using it as a community thing. Helping other guildies etc. Now it's a gold farmers and exploiters dream...
    5.) One of those exploits caused another item people purchased to be disabled....
    6.) Two of the other exploits are being pointed out in this thread.
    7.) It caused cheap holiday food to skyrocket in price. (I should be thankful because I buy stacks to help out new guildies... I honestly believe holiday food should not be salvaged. Food can really help out new players, and I believe it is extremely helpful for new players. Especially those that decide to do an instant 80 instead of leveling up from scratch.

    To call the implementation disappointing, is an understatement.

  • Kind of happy I haven't bothered with cooking....this all seems kind of fail to me tbh. Getting food for buffing yourself shouldn't be such a hassle.

  • @zipain.5276 said:

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

    @zipain.5276 said:
    Why not just make a large batch 1 time? This is not tedious at all compared to some other things.

    You want ascended food or not? Its not like its just a little better than its lower tier food, its like A LOT better. And theres a lot of very very cheap food to craft.

    I just found out what food I want, and I bought the seeds and make a massive batch, I go harvest, plant new, done.

    This is what I do.

    Tip of the day: Using item boosters and other farming boosts lets you harvest the varietal herb patches multiple times. The last time I made a batch, I planted 8 cilantro, and picked up 13 once I grabbed all of them. Planted 4 sesame, reaped 5.

    That's several gold with of free loot. If you have a spare toon, park one near the home instance, give them an item booster and give them a sickle with the Glyph of Bounty. You'll get several gold of extra loot with every wave of cultivated herbs.

    Really!? Thats nice!

    You need to use item boosters when you plant or when you harvest?

    Harvest only. They count as regular herb patches then.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • zipain.5276zipain.5276 Member ✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019

    @Calistin.6210 said:
    Kind of happy I haven't bothered with cooking....this all seems kind of fail to me tbh. Getting food for buffing yourself shouldn't be such a hassle.

    This food is just not food, it gives a lot of extra buffs than just a simple damage buff or healing buff. You can get easy food, and it will still do the trick.

    And there is really no hassle to it. Its pretty straight forward and simple. Even the quest for unlocking it is simple.

  • Calistin.6210Calistin.6210 Member ✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019

    @zipain.5276 said:

    @Calistin.6210 said:
    Kind of happy I haven't bothered with cooking....this all seems kind of fail to me tbh. Getting food for buffing yourself shouldn't be such a hassle.

    This food is just not food, it gives a lot of extra buffs than just a simple damage buff or healing buff. You can get easy food, and it will still do the trick.

    And there is really no hassle to it. Its pretty straight forward and simple. Even the quest for unlocking it is simple.

    Sounds like a hassle to me, didn't say it was too complicated. The whole need to get a seed to plant just to harvest once is a huge hassle IMO, they should be node that do not require seeds to be planted each time...just like other mats you gather.

    I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The sheer hassle of this is making it not worth the bother, when standard food works just fine.

  • Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The garden doesn't even work with regular seeds UNLESS you buy a gem store plot too. The vendor doesn't have any options to buy stuff to plant.

    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

  • @Calistin.6210 said:
    I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

    Typical "I don't want to have to put in any work whatsoever for endgame content" mentality.

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You could just buy them ... or at mentioned above just craft a pile of them at once. Right now I would only need to craft once every 3 months. If I do a bit more gathering that could easily stretch into a once a year thing. That is not even counting the seeds that will get picked up while doing other stuff around the world.

  • Calistin.6210Calistin.6210 Member ✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

    @Calistin.6210 said:
    I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

    Typical "I don't want to have to put in any work whatsoever for endgame content" mentality.

    Not really I just don't consider "buffs" endgame content. Remember to not attack a poster simply because you do not agree with them, it doesn't make you look cool, clever or tuff at all.

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    The sheer hassle of this is making it not worth the bother, when standard food works just fine.

    Pretty much what I am thinking.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

    @Calistin.6210 said:

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

    @Calistin.6210 said:
    I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

    Typical "I don't want to have to put in any work whatsoever for endgame content" mentality.

    Not really I just don't consider "buffs" endgame content. Remember to not attack a poster simply because you do not agree with them, it doesn't make you look cool, clever or tuff at all.

    You may not but Anet does. They’ve even created a system where the buffs available to the player which get stronger with their level. There’s also nothing that states that crafting buffs cannot be a part of endgame.

  • I seems to not be getting Varietal Cloves to drop where each of the other varietals drop just fine on harvesting. Am I missing something?

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aurelian Omenkind.2470 said:
    I seems to not be getting Varietal Cloves to drop where each of the other varietals drop just fine on harvesting. Am I missing something?

    it depends on region, ascalon, kryta, maguma and shiverpeaks.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

    @Calistin.6210 said:
    I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

    Typical "I don't want to have to put in any work whatsoever for endgame content" mentality.

    Cooking is endgame content now?

    He didnt say he wasnt willing to put in effort, rather this particular sort of busywork.

  • sevenDEADLY.5281sevenDEADLY.5281 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

    @Ashen.2907 said:

    Cooking is endgame content now?

    He didnt say he wasnt willing to put in effort, rather this particular sort of busywork.

    Correct see now you're getting it, ascended cooking is endgame content, just like ascended armorsmithing and ascended weaponsmithing is considered endgame content.

    No one says you need ascended armor or weapons, but people who want the extra bonus put the effort in. No one says you need ascended cooking, but people who want the extra bonus will also put the effort in. That's how that works.

  • End game busy work, who wouldn't want to do that?

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

    @Ashen.2907 said:

    Cooking is endgame content now?

    He didnt say he wasnt willing to put in effort, rather this particular sort of busywork.

    Correct see now you're getting it, ascended cooking is endgame content, just like ascended armorsmithing and ascended weaponsmithing is considered endgame content.

    No one says you need ascended armor or weapons, but people who want the extra bonus put the effort in. No one says you need ascended cooking, but people who want the extra bonus will also put the effort in. That's how that works.

    Hey, if standing in LA adjacent to a crafting station while pressing "F" is what passes for endgame content now, we might as well disband the raid, fractal, pvp, and wvw teams.

  • sevenDEADLY.5281sevenDEADLY.5281 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

    @Ashen.2907 said:
    Hey, if standing in LA adjacent to a crafting station while pressing "F" is what passes for endgame content now, we might as well disband the raid, fractal, pvp, and wvw teams.

    So your argument is that working towards endgame gear and buffs is not endgame? You have to be trolling to come up with that kind of nonsense.

  • @Ashen.2907 said:

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

    @Calistin.6210 said:
    I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

    Typical "I don't want to have to put in any work whatsoever for endgame content" mentality.

    Cooking is endgame content now?

    Technically, yes. After all, according to old GW2 adage, "The whole game is endgame".

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

    @Ashen.2907 said:
    Hey, if standing in LA adjacent to a crafting station while pressing "F" is what passes for endgame content now, we might as well disband the raid, fractal, pvp, and wvw teams.

    So your argument is that working towards endgame gear and buffs is not endgame? You have to be trolling to come up with that kind of nonsense.

    How end games is clicking on a buff someone else created...and your team now being stronger in WVW?

  • Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

    @Ashen.2907 said:
    Hey, if standing in LA adjacent to a crafting station while pressing "F" is what passes for endgame content now, we might as well disband the raid, fractal, pvp, and wvw teams.

    So your argument is that working towards endgame gear and buffs is not endgame? You have to be trolling to come up with that kind of nonsense.

    To be fair, some people don't want to spend all their time just getting ready to be able to have fun. They want to log in and have fun.

    If you find working towards all this stuff fun, then great! But if you don't, then the prep-work is just that. Work.

    Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

  • sevenDEADLY.5281sevenDEADLY.5281 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

    @Palador.2170 said:

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

    @Ashen.2907 said:
    Hey, if standing in LA adjacent to a crafting station while pressing "F" is what passes for endgame content now, we might as well disband the raid, fractal, pvp, and wvw teams.

    So your argument is that working towards endgame gear and buffs is not endgame? You have to be trolling to come up with that kind of nonsense.

    To be fair, some people don't want to spend all their time just getting ready to be able to have fun. They want to log in and have fun.

    If you find working towards all this stuff fun, then great! But if you don't, then the prep-work is just that. Work.

    Good, and you don't have to. You don't have to have ascended armor or weapons, and as MANY others have pointed out already, you don't have to have ascended cooking. Basically the complainers are complaining that they aren't willing to work for the thing that isn't required of them to have in the first place. So whats the problem? If you don't want to put the effort in, continue to play the game with exotics and 400 level buffs as you always have. Once again, the people willing to put the effort in for ascended armor, ascended weapons, and ascended food will.

    I can't wait for these exact same complaints when 500 jewelcrafting comes out. "What! I have to make ascended mats with a daily cooldown to make ascended jewelry?! This is reprehensible and I can't be bothered to do this!"

  • @Josiah.2967 said:
    How end games is clicking on a buff someone else created...and your team now being stronger in WVW?

    Someone put the time and effort in for that. It didn't just magically appear out of thin air.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.