When the new seed pouches are planted and harvested they will be removed

@Linken.6345 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:As already explained in other threads, this is no bug, it was designed that way.

If so, this is an absolute scam, and it feels like being cheated, or being suckered in to misleading content.

Havent done my garden yet but cant you plant any of the other seeds like clovers or onions for example?

Have not tried. I presume it is possible. But I am of the opinion that the 4 plants needed for crafting the 2 hour utility and metabolic primers would be a better choice. At least for a gathering junkie like me. But I already grow 2 sets of those per day in my 2 other gardens.

They changed the plot deeds?

I don't want to waste my time having to replant every plant every day I farm my instance.. if that's what I have to do now then i'm not going to bother using them anymore.Home instance is supposed to be a a quick node run, but this change is just annoying.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:How’s it misleading that a plant that grows from you planting its seed doesn’t re-grow out of nothing after it’s been picked?It's not misleading; it's confusing, because the names of the plant-once-and-forget pouches match that of the cultivars and the mechanics of removing/replanting is otherwise identical.

The plants are essentially performing the same function as the daily ascended refinement.It makes sense that there are daily cooldowns, that depend on gathering materials (otherwise there would be little need to salvage foods or gather).

However, it's annoying: there's a lot more maintenance for ascended chef than the existing 6 ascended crafts. For those, you collect the mats manually or TP and everything else happens at the crafting station. For Chef, you have to get the seeds (RNG or TP), head to the home instance, remove any old plants, replant, and wait for the next day.

That's a ton of extra prep work in order to manage 10 seconds of crafting, especially since nothing other than the varietals can be traded.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:How’s it misleading that a plant that grows from you planting its seed doesn’t re-grow out of nothing after it’s been picked?

The plants are essentially performing the same function as the daily ascended refinement.

You are missing the point: none of the other home garden seeds behaves that way. They can be harvested daily without you having to plant new ones each day by using another bag of seeds.

OK, so it's not a bug and the plants were made to be one time use. It should have been made clear and I'm hoping that it gets reviewed. To me it's too expensive to keep making new seed pouches everyday. It's looking like level 500 cooking was a waste of time and money for me

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:As already explained in other threads, this is no bug, it was designed that way.

Just lost all interest in ascended cooking.

Yeah, I find this choice of handling it rather peculiar myself.

Its so typical anet. Making it tedious instead of challenging, because they are afraid people will complain if you had to actually play the game to acquire the ingredients to perma unlock the ascended seeds.

Now, a really engaging system would have been going out into the world, killing world bosses, champs, dungeon bosses, fractal bosses, wvw players. Not pressing interact a couple of times and then stupidly watching a yellow bar fill to craft seeds for daily planting. THIS is whats wrong with GW2. It seems the mainfocus for all collections shifted from THE best and most engaging feature of GW2 - the combat - to the most boring and unimaginative one... pressing interact.Whoever made that design decision... please stop... its just about to destroy GW2.

Anyway, Im not going to bother with ascended cooking anymore.