Some more condition Revenant love with another longer montage.

Shao.7236

No thank you for the nice content! Fun to watch, nice snpis and good music choice. Once or twice there were a few seconds to wait, but there you just wanted to show it was the same game or so. Like it!

I do feel like because there are so few condi revenants around, people don't know how to play against it (myself included). It also lacks lots of red circles and makes many AoE skills less visible - but as long as the build is no problem, Anet is not going to do much about it. ;)

@Megametzler.5729 said:No thank you for the nice content! Fun to watch, nice snpis and good music choice. Once or twice there were a few seconds to wait, but there you just wanted to show it was the same game or so. Like it!

I do feel like because there are so few condi revenants around, people don't know how to play against it (myself included). It also lacks lots of red circles and makes many AoE skills less visible - but as long as the build is no problem, Anet is not going to do much about it. ;)

Sometimes the best way to beat someone is not going all the way in at once! Much appreciating the support.

@saerni.2584 said:I enjoyed fighting your build the other day Shao :)

Nice video!

Yeah, you were pretty hard to catch. Made it out though, very nice fights still.

Nice video Shao! Always love seeing Condi Rev play. Funny, I have been theorycrafting with Tempest runes recently as they seemed like a good fit for Rev since it further incentivizes healing power investment and offers some nice duration, especially with no expertise otherwise. Have you found any other runes that work well?

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Nice video Shao! Always love seeing Condi Rev play. Funny, I have been theorycrafting with Tempest runes recently as they seemed like a good fit for Rev since it further incentivizes healing power investment and offers some nice duration, especially with no expertise otherwise. Have you found any other runes that work well?

Tempest is what I use with Sage, there is no reason to use anything else since people CC all the time and Revenant is the profession that can stunbreak the most without sacrificing anything. The condition duration added from the runes are a blessing, I just wish the stats were something like Vitality or Healing Power, All Stats even if giving some Expertise and Concentration doesn't feel as useful as would have a bigger health pool or more potent Healing skills/Regeneration.

I used to be Rune of Speed for kitting with Unyielding Anguish, but those days are over.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Clean footage, nice video.

Thanks, being you from what I know Druid seems to have reached a pretty rough spot. Though somehow I have a friend who is still able to make it worth neatly, maybe I could get to have em share their stuff so you could try it. I surely ain't in that spot anymore though, gonna miss your ganking vids though haha.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Hi, you managed condis well on my Fire Weaver. Cool build you have here!

Thanks, it was a lot of fire to take in!

@Liewec.2896 said:i hate what the recent patch did to condi rev, completely killed it for me,i miss when the leap was a spammable aoe, R.I.P 40 stacks of torment :(

Theorically, yes the old AoE is stronger if you have all the energy for it, in practice it was inefficient and poor unless targets would stand in it which in PvE is fine, but WvW or PvP it was only during very specific niche situations, like holding at the very last second/cleave down, otherwise nobody would fall for them. It was also too risky, too long to apply. Better off as a mobility skill that would occasionally punish tight tracks if chased.

The newer skills are much more practical and lethal in application as well having greater and easier synergy with all of the Revenant skills. Embrace the Darkness while not unblockable which seems like a bad thing, is a good thing because it costs little energy and can hit in the following with your other skills, meaning that blinds and aegis are no longer the problem they used to be, even if having Resistance or being Immune to blind a pulse, blind would remain it's set time or make you miss a defining attack after Resistance is gone. Now in less than 3 seconds at the cost of much much less energy (25%~), it's possible to apply roughly 20 torment with much more ease. The leap is an actual leap that can be used for sustain while landing great punishes because not having any CC meant that you couldn't pressure in any other way than hugging and lure people which is very dangerous as they could easily delete your entire HP while the torment slowly applied. Giving Mallyx a CC allowed it to give the incentive to make people use their stunbreaks instead of being limited to Axe 5 or in my case Chaotic Release, occasionally Forced Engagement.