Buff signet of restoration active

Edu.6984

Right now there is almost no reason to ever use the signet active. It is like the old warrior healing signet where the passive was just way better than the active. To make healing signet active more appealing they added resistance to it. They could give eles a reason to use the signet active. Maybe condi removal or a stun break or even just resistance like the warrior's signet.

What do you think about it?

Yeah the active is very mediocre and is useless without Written in Stone trait.

I'm becoming more convinced that ANet is internally scared of the Elementalist. Karl's recent Reddit topic even mentions the "invulnerable elementalist" from internal testing with barriers. Part of me wishes they'd redesign certain aspects to eliminate this skill disparity between god-like elementalist players and all of rest of us mortal players.

Yeah the active heal is pretty bad. Yet it still heals for more than Aquatic Stance active, lol.

Coolest would be IMHO if the signet active heal removed a few conditions, or maybe even converted them to boons. Then you'd have the actual choice of deciding if you power through some conditions with your passive heal, or forgo the passive for some time to remove or convert the conditions.

Needs to be a small heal that it has now and an barrier. I think that where signet can fill a roll and keep with the ideal of being tankly though earth line (the signet line) add in barrier on signet use. Not sure if it should be aoe or just self only.

@juno.1840 said:Yeah the active is very mediocre and is useless without Written in Stone trait.

I'm becoming more convinced that ANet is internally scared of the Elementalist. Karl's recent Reddit topic even mentions the "invulnerable elementalist" from internal testing with barriers. Part of me wishes they'd redesign certain aspects to eliminate this skill disparity between god-like elementalist players and all of rest of us mortal players.

Its so odd that karl is like this because it dose not seem the other classes dev or even the other classes karl may work on dose not get the same fear / treatment. Look at what scorge is now its more tankly then reaper is and has a long ranged and can heal it self where other version of necor could not. Look at realty all the other classes they have super "you cant kill me" builds far more then any thing ele has. There is something realty up with anet and how they look at the ele class.

They're scared to buff the active I think because of the Earth signet Grandmaster trait, which I think could use a small buff anyways. If they were to buff the active effect, I'd like to see it either grant Barrier on activation, or possibly a toughness/vitality buff for a medium duration, to offset not having access to the signet.

@Aether McLoud.1975 said:Yeah the active heal is pretty bad. Yet it still heals for more than Aquatic Stance active, lol.

Coolest would be IMHO if the signet active heal removed a few conditions, or maybe even converted them to boons. Then you'd have the actual choice of deciding if you power through some conditions with your passive heal, or forgo the passive for some time to remove or convert the conditions.

aquatic stance + lightning storm is some god tier heals.

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:

@Aether McLoud.1975 said:Yeah the active heal is pretty bad. Yet it still heals for more than Aquatic Stance active, lol.

No it's not. The heal proc has 1 second cooldown. So you'll get 5 heal procs at best.

@Aether McLoud.1975 said:

No it's not. The heal proc has 1 second cooldown. So you'll get 5 heal procs at best.

damnit. It didn't the other day when I used it at gorseval. Well never mind then..

Archived