How Scarlet did know Caithe secrets? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How Scarlet did know Caithe secrets?

ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 30, 2019 in Lore

i watched LS1 movie, Scarlet "hologram" dialogue with Caithe suggests that she knew about the events we would come to see in Caithe's memoirs in LS2. how did she does this?

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

He was such a grass......

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Everything is connected through the dream, including other races, so chances are Mordy knows too.

Which could really screw up Moedy's death. Why link Trahearne when the elder dragon knows he could be a way in?

And why just put a 'seed' in Trahearne when there seems to be more than one Pale Tree? This opens so many questions.

• EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

@serious.9730 said:
    Everything is connected through the dream, including other races, so chances are Mordy knows too.

Which could really screw up Moedy's death. Why link Trahearne when the elder dragon knows he could be a way in?

And why just put a 'seed' in Trahearne when there seems to be more than one Pale Tree? This opens so many questions.

Simple. Mordremoth underestimated Trahearne and was overconfident in his own power.

Also, Mordremoth wasn't connected to the Dream. It had to break the sylvari from the Pale Tree to put them under his own version of it. The only time non-sylvari are connected is when the Pale Tree brings them into it.

• Kalavier.1097Kalavier.1097 Member ✭✭✭

@serious.9730 said:
    Everything is connected through the dream, including other races, so chances are Mordy knows too.

Um, where did you get the first bit?

Only Sylvari are connected to the dream. Ventari has a presence, but he's the only non-sylvari present. All sylvari are linked to Mordremoth, it's just that Trahearne was the one Mordremoth placed the "seed" of his mind/soul into.

• Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

Also, Mordremoth wasn't connected to the Dream. It had to break the sylvari from the Pale Tree to put them under his own version of it. The only time non-sylvari are connected is when the Pale Tree brings them into it.

According to the final instance, anyway, Mordremoth was. "Its strongest attacks come from its mind, from the Dream." "Yes...strike at the dragon's mind through the Dream. It can work." "If I concentrate, I can open a path into the Dream...into Mordremoth's mind." It's... one of the unexplained bits people have been miffed about since HoT.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

• @Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

According to the final instance, anyway, Mordremoth was. "Its strongest attacks come from its mind, from the Dream." "Yes...strike at the dragon's mind through the Dream. It can work." "If I concentrate, I can open a path into the Dream...into Mordremoth's mind." It's... one of the unexplained bits people have been miffed about since HoT.

The way it looked to me is that Mordy created a physical connection to Trahearne's mind and Trahearne used that against him to allow us to attack Mordy through Mordy's own Dream.

Not unlike using a usb cable to plug your unsecure laptop into some other guy's PC, a guy who really hates you. And that guy decides to introduce you to some friends of his, Mr. Backdoor, Mr. Keylogger and Mr. Ransom because screw you man. Screw. You.

Dumb move on Mordy's part.

• @serious.9730 said:
    @Kalavier.1097 said:
    Only Sylvari are connected to the dream. Ventari has a presence, but he's the only non-sylvari present. All sylvari are linked to Mordremoth, it's just that Trahearne was the one Mordremoth placed the "seed" of his mind/soul into.

The only things known to be connected to the Dream are:

• The Pale Tree
    • Mordremoth
    • Shadow of the Dragon
    • The Pale Tree's sylvari
    • White Stag

Nothing else has been confirmed (or implied, tbh) to be connected to the Dream. But they haven't been denied to be either - though given descriptions of sylvari interactions with the Dream, others would know if they're connected to the Dream or not.

Ventari's presence is just a memory of him, no different than the risen, asura, skritt, and golem that can be seen in the sylvari tutorial.

@serious.9730 said:

Mordremoth was linked to all sylvari, technically speaking, as that was how he got to convert/brainwash them into becoming Mordrem Guard.

As for why put the mind seed in Trahearne instead of another minion - hard to say, but it could be due to the literal physical connection to Mordremoth's vines going on.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

It was brought up several times over that the way Mordremoth sent his call was via the Dream. He didn't create his own version of it, but rather hijacked it and the methods the Dream and Nightmare use to send Wyld Hunts and Dark Hunts (respectively), which was why some of his whispers felt like Wyld Hunts (e.g., Caithe).

All these squares make a circle.

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11:43AM

Hm, however if Mordremoth knew that Caithe knew about him from the Dream - then why didn't other sylvari also know this?
    How could this secret even stay secret for 20+ years when both Wynne and Caithe were connected to the Dream anyway? If they somehow managed to keep this from the Dream, then Mordremoth couldn't have known it from the Dream. If they couldn't, it wouldn't have been very secret at all.

... Maybe Scarlet was bluffing?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.