This is a new low, even for you ArenaNet.

Math.5123

considering that the pvp community has been neglected, I find that actually quite distasteful and it will feed any sense that they do not care much for pvp. And for pvp updates, honestly, a new armor set? Who cares! Would have been nice if legendary pvp armor actually looked a little bit more.. ehh legendary

I love it! Truly hilarious clip and I’m glad that anet is actually acknowledging the situation with pvp and having a little joke about it, rather than pretending that it’s still an important thing to them. I was barely paying attention during the announcement so I’m glad someone clipped this.

@Blocki.4931 said:He's a comedian, what do you expect? Are you upset at a joke?

Jokes are great when they're timed correctly. This was a hyped up stream that was supposed to inform players about the future of the game. I have friends leaving left, right and centre for different games because this game has no direction.

This was a poorly timed joke that became a slap in the face to a desperate PvP community.

-So any pvp stuff?-Yea.. new armor. Swiss tourn. Umm hmm what else... nothing. Oh yea mini seasons.

This is sucha facepalm for pvpers. PvP and WvW stuff was mentioned for like 15 seconds. And joke was pure gold. Accurately represents how pvp is looked at.

Why no1 asks them the real question. "So what about balance? All these elite specs. Core specs. So many traits that could synergize compared to core days.. and yet people are still forced into 1 way tunnel builds. Even in old core days when people could play non-meta builds and be as good as meta(any1 remember old trait system like 30 30 10? even then we had more build diversity then now). Whats up with that? When will you balance out classes and make more builds viable?" That's what he needed to ask.

@"Happy Yes.1453" said:After rewatching this I noticed his body language actually reveals the real answer here. He is shaking his head "no", so he knows the cake is a lie.

Lol did the same and yes he is saying no, he just forgot the no in what he says. Let me correct this: Is there PvP stuff for this? Absolutely... NOT!

@Whitworth.7259 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:He's a comedian, what do you expect? Are you upset at a joke?

Jokes are great when they're timed correctly. This was a hyped up stream that was supposed to inform players about the future of the game. I have friends leaving left, right and centre for different games because this game has no direction.

This was a poorly timed joke that became a slap in the face to a desperate PvP community.

It was only ever advertised by ANet as being about Living World, which has nothing to do with PvP. And there is definite comedy in only one person going "woo" when they said the words PvP and the rest of the audience being dead silent.

@"Stallic.2397" said:The one pvp fan in the back of the room...? Wow

Bit of a punch in the face... The "brainless apes in the mists" was funny, the vial of salt was funny, the llamas afraid of hyperboles in the mists was funny...This comment and "if you play wvw youre actually into pve" just shows how out of touch they are.

It's very clear now that they don't appreciate thier most loyal players. The ones who have stuck around through thick and thin and didnt move on to the next game after finishing the story.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

@"phokus.8934" said:OP doesn’t understand jokes.

Jokes are not "jokes" when they actively try to attack someone.This is one such case.

It is one thing to actively disregard the fans of a play mode.But making of fun of them during a public event? That's just disrespectful and insulting.

@Whitworth.7259 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:He's a comedian, what do you expect? Are you upset at a joke?

This game has a direction and has had a direction for a long time. You're just not happy with that direction. The direction this game has gone in, pretty much as long as I can remember is the living world is the way forward. The company wanted to, from day 1, create a living breathing world. It even said living breathing world on the main tag line of the first website. It has a direction...you just don't like that direction. I like it just fine.