If you own PoF you get HoT for free! But what about..?

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:If you have Path of Fire you will get Heart of Thorns for free since new content coming out will benefit from all masteries.No

What about players who own HoT, but don't have PoF?Also no.

This is for players buying PoF today and ongoing.Just as "f2p" got access to all the core game (except masteries) and HoT buyers got all of core, while 2012 veterans paid for each separately.

Turns out: I was mistaken. I was going by past practices, not what they announced.Turns out: they have a full blog post about it. (To be fair, had the OP read that first, they would not have had any questions.)

If You Already Own Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

If you purchased and activated Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns before 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on August 30, 2019, we’ll send you a Heart of Thorns Veteran’s Package through the in-game mail system. It contains an exclusive Mordrem Glider, the exclusive “Vanguard” title, and a Heart of Thorns Veteran’s Armor Voucher you can use to select one of sixteen Gem Store armor skins. (Please allow up to seventy-two hours for delivery.)

Players Who Purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns in the Last 60 Days

Players who bought Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 31 and August 30, 2019, can request a refund in either cash or the equivalent value of gems. Players who purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns through the Black Lion Trading Post or our official website between July 1, 2019, and July 30, 2019, can request gem compensation.

Even if you apply for a refund, any digital items (like the Max-Level Boost or Heart of Thorns Veteran’s Package), or currency (such as bonus gems included with the Ultimate edition) included with your purchase will remain on your account.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:If you have Path of Fire you will get Heart of Thorns for free since new content coming out will benefit from all masteries.No

This is for players buying PoF today and ongoing.Just as "f2p" got access to all the core game (except masteries) and HoT buyers got all of core, while 2012 veterans paid for each separately.

They said that all current players who own PoF will get HoT for free. They're also refunding anyone that bought HoT in the past 2 months.

@knomslayer.9457 said:I have Path Of Fire but no HoT. Thank You Anet for giving free expansion. WoW would never give their players free expansion. LEL

Actually, WoW stopped requiring you to even buy the base game (for a new player). At this point if you pay the sub price, you get access to everything through Legion. Battle for Azeroth is the only expansion you have to pay for. (And once the next expansion goes on sale, BfA will be rolled into the same deal.)

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:If you have Path of Fire you will get Heart of Thorns for free since new content coming out will benefit from all masteries.What about players who own HoT, but don't have PoF?

Yeah what about us? I got HoT and left some 2 months after its release. I never bought PoF because I saw no future in Anet's overall fuzzy-logic (too much left: Turn right - too much rigtht, Turn left) choice of "direction". If they gave me PoF today it wouldn't change a thing for me: I would not return, I wouldn't buy tons of gems. It would probably annoy many of the GW2 loyalists though.Unwanted gifts is on most accounts a stupid move. Otoh: Giving HoT to fans that like PoF may make a lot of sense.

PS: Yeah I am revisiting, lurking the forums, for that 0.001% chance of a GW3 announcement was happening.

@Fueki.4753 said:Do people who already own both expansions the armour(or is it an outfit?) and Glider as well, or are we left out of the deal?

You could not have had the glider already as it was just released today as part of said HoT Veteran’s Package as well as the title. The only thing you could possibly have already obtained prior to the HoT Veteran’s Package is all the gem store skins that are available as a single choice via the voucher.

@Fueki.4753 said:Do people who already own both expansions the armour(or is it an outfit?) and Glider as well, or are we left out of the deal?

People who own both expansions get exactly the same stuff as people who just own HoT: a glider, a choice of a gem store armour skin (all helmet skns if I remember right) and the outfit, which is in the gem store for 0 gems rather than included in the mail.

@Cronos.6532 said:

They said that all current players who own PoF will get HoT for free. They're also refunding anyone that bought HoT in the past 2 months.

They will send some serial code or just unlock? Sorry I'm new, so don't want to miss or do something wrong xDbtw What the Date? Oh I see it's September 17, right?

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:If you have Path of Fire you will get Heart of Thorns for free since new content coming out will benefit from all masteries.

What about players who own HoT, but don't have PoF?

They can buy PoF like everyone else.

It's not so weird to give old content for free with new expansions. It would be weird to give current expansions for free to old players.

• 1 month later...

Check in game if you can play the 1st story of Heart of Thorns (maybe start it then). If you don't have it there should be some lock.

If you have this story locked, check if you have it on your account manager, maybe you need to do something there?

If there is no HoT added at all, contact support so they can look into the issue as to why you never got HoT and fix it for you.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Check in game if you can play the 1st story of Heart of Thorns (maybe start it then). If you don't have it there should be some lock.

If you have this story locked, check if you have it on your account manager, maybe you need to do something there?

If there is no HoT added at all, contact support so they can look into the issue as to why you never got HoT and fix it for you.

Yeah its all locked in the game and my account manager says to get it free through buying PoF... I submitted a ticket but who knows how long that will take ='''(

@astrohashbash.6457 said:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Check in game if you can play the 1st story of Heart of Thorns (maybe start it then). If you don't have it there should be some lock.

Yeah its all locked in the game and my account manager says to get it free through buying PoF... I submitted a ticket but who knows how long that will take ='''(

As long as it have to mate.